Happy Easter, Happy Passover, and Happy Spring!

blueschica

Happy Spring ! We're heading to Pittsburgh so I will be lying low for a few days, but I hope everyone has a great weekend! Happy Easter, Chag Sameach, and Happy Spring to all!

oRyII5pm.jpgxli6yplm.jpg1a44Wtfm.jpg

• Like 8

Thank you, Blueschica. "Happy Easter, to you, the ones, on, and in here, too".
  • Like 3

Happy Easter, everyone!!!

dribbble-easter-2017.gif

Did you know that the timing of Easter coincides with the first full moon following the Spring Equinox? If you're wondering why is Easter so late this year...

In years in which the church's March equinox and Paschal Full Moon dates do not coincide with the astronomical dates of these events, confusion about the date of Easter can arise. In 2019, for example, the March equinox in the Western Hemisphere happened on Wednesday, March 20, while the first Full Moon in spring was on Thursday, March 21 in many time zones. If the church followed the timing of these astronomical events, Easter would have been celebrated on March 24, the Sunday after the Full Moon on March 21.

However, the Full Moon date in March specified by the church's lunar calendar, also called the ecclesiastical Full Moon, was March 20, 2019—one day before the ecclesiastical date of the March equinox, March 21. For that reason, the Easter date 2019 is based on the next ecclesiastical Full Moon, which is on April 18. This is why Easter 2019 falls on April 21.

https://www.timeanddate.com/calendar/determining-easter-date.html

• Like 2

dribbble-easter-2017.gif

Did you know that the timing of Easter coincides with the first full moon following the Spring Equinox? If you're wondering why is Easter so late this year...

In years in which the church's March equinox and Paschal Full Moon dates do not coincide with the astronomical dates of these events, confusion about the date of Easter can arise. In 2019, for example, the March equinox in the Western Hemisphere happened on Wednesday, March 20, while the first Full Moon in spring was on Thursday, March 21 in many time zones. If the church followed the timing of these astronomical events, Easter would have been celebrated on March 24, the Sunday after the Full Moon on March 21.

However, the Full Moon date in March specified by the church's lunar calendar, also called the ecclesiastical Full Moon, was March 20, 2019—one day before the ecclesiastical date of the March equinox, March 21. For that reason, the Easter date 2019 is based on the next ecclesiastical Full Moon, which is on April 18. This is why Easter 2019 falls on April 21.

https://www.timeandd...aster-date.html

Yep, knew that, as someone who went to a Lutheran grade school. Did you know that the Eastern Orthodox Church celebrates Easter on a different day than churches of the West?

Until, of course, Putin tells Trump to move it...

• Like 3

One thing I miss about my old warehouse job, having Good Friday off from 2015-2018.

Oddly enough, I have Friday off next week I’m visiting my sister and her family in Draper, UT for the weekend. Hoping we get Avengers out of the way before it sells out or gets spoiled against our will on social media.

• Like 2

dribbble-easter-2017.gif

Yep, knew that, as someone who went to a Lutheran grade school. Did you know that the Eastern Orthodox Church celebrates Easter on a different day than churches of the West?

Not always. I think the Orthodox churches’ celebration of Easter is somehow timed to when the Jews celebrate Passover. I seem to remember they’ve been the same day at least once in the last 10 years or so. Part of my wife’s family is Orthodox, so I remember only having to suffer through one day of both families. ;). Usually it’s 2 weeks in a row.

• Like 2

dribbble-easter-2017.gif

Not always. I think the Orthodox churches’ celebration of Easter is somehow timed to when the Jews celebrate Passover. I seem to remember they’ve been the same day at least once in the last 10 years or so. Part of my wife’s family is Orthodox, so I remember only having to suffer through one day of both families. ;). Usually it’s 2 weeks in a row.

Well, I married into a family who are members of the one of the denominations that comprise the NCC, and therefore their holy day is May 1st, so I kinda feel your pain.

• Like 2

It's really humorous to me how much religion has mandated our lives. I suppose it's a way to keep historical dates and such in mind, and boy, we humans seem to NEED to do this, but I would enjoy a more scientific method, myself...if you look at it closely, most of the 'holidays' we observe today, have their roots in religious 'special' days, or times. We DO NEED to define certain days or times for things to do. A LOT of those needs DO have something to do with one or another religions also. Greeting card companies have gotten into the mess also...

pcG2tzV.gif

• Like 4

It's really humorous to me how much religion has mandated our lives. I suppose it's a way to keep historical dates and such in mind, and boy, we humans seem to NEED to do this, but I would enjoy a more scientific method, myself...if you look at it closely, most of the 'holidays' we observe today, have their roots in religious 'special' days, or times. We DO NEED to define certain days or times for things to do. A LOT of those needs DO have something to do with one or another religions also. Greeting card companies have gotten into the mess also...

pcG2tzV.gif

They tried a "more scientific method". France, 1789. How'd that work out?

• Like 2

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_calendar

Maybe you'd like this one better, no religion in these holidays to "mandate our lives" (whatever that may mean.

• Like 1

pcG2tzV.gif

The People with MONEY did not WANT to use science to plan the world. They were already religiously INDOCTRINATED. MONEY stopped it.

lAFOroV.gif

pcG2tzV.gif

The People with MONEY did not WANT to use science to plan the world. They were already religiously INDOCTRINATED. MONEY stopped it.

lAFOroV.gif

:facepalm: Talk about a true believer...

Edited by laughedatbytime
  • Like 1

pcG2tzV.gif

lAFOroV.gif

MONEY MAKES THE WORLD GO 'ROUND...God does NOT.

4rEQmqU.png

pcG2tzV.gif

lAFOroV.gif

4rEQmqU.png

What does that have to do with the fact that the two revolutions which, among other things, created their own calendar were marketed as triumphs of reason and science as replacements for religion were ended by Reigns of Terror?

pcG2tzV.gif

lAFOroV.gif

4rEQmqU.png

What does that have to do with the fact that the two revolutions which, among other things, created their own calendar were marketed as triumphs of reason and science as replacements for religion were ended by Reigns of Terror?

MONEY that came with the search for POWER over OTHERS [usually that's what people with money want,] Which it is STILL that way...look at our govt. and by exstension, our PRESIDENT. And personally, I don't give a damn about the French Revolutions.

pcG2tzV.gif

Happy whatever ... I hope that quality family time is plentiful for all TRFers today.

Back to the eggs and chocolate bunnies, and jelly beans!

NAGAdFC.gif

• Like 2

pcG2tzV.gif

lAFOroV.gif

4rEQmqU.png

MONEY that came with the search for POWER over OTHERS [usually that's what people with money want,] Which it is STILL that way...look at our govt. and by exstension, our PRESIDENT. And personally, I don't give a damn about the French Revolutions.

pcG2tzV.gif

I would think it's fairly obvious that the French and Russian Revolutions were motivated by lust for power to remake society and that that is even more dangerous than motivation by greed, as the results of those two revolutions showed. See the CS Lewis quote in my signature as to why.

What we need is a libertarian revolution. Or maybe a second one, the effects of the only thing that could be reasonably be described as the first, here in America, have long since worn away.

pcG2tzV.gif

Perhaps you should share your views on a different day and in a different thread.

It's cool if you don't share the same beliefs, but it's uncool of you to come into a thread like this and disrespect the views of others.

People, whether you approve, or not, hold this day very dear.

• Like 4