New interview with Geddy on UDiscover Music

blueschica

An interview with Geddy, posted today! He is interesting as always! He brings up the concept of a theatre production based on Rush music- he approves. . . . (saw on Rushisaband . . )

• Like 6

Oh Ged, you ARE the best progressive rock bassist of all time. The Fish is a close second. ;)
  • Like 1

Oh Ged, you ARE the best progressive rock bassist of all time. The Fish is a close second. ;)

:ebert: :ebert:

Although that inspired me to go listen to some isolated bass tracks from Yes...holy shoot, I’ve always liked Squire but I never quite wrapped my head around his style until just now. ARTICULATION! It’s all about articulation, and feel! You couldn’t notate his parts accurately if you tried, everything is played exactly according to his vey fluid and jazzy sense of feel! All this time I thought maybe he was just poorly recorded, but everything’s exactly how he intended it to be heard! The flubs, the chromatics, the slurps and slides and scoops, all intentional! He plays bass like Charlie Parker plays saxophone! I never realized how jazzy it was!

• Like 1

:ebert: :ebert:

Although that inspired me to go listen to some isolated bass tracks from Yes...holy shoot, I’ve always liked Squire but I never quite wrapped my head around his style until just now. ARTICULATION! It’s all about articulation, and feel! You couldn’t notate his parts accurately if you tried, everything is played exactly according to his vey fluid and jazzy sense of feel! All this time I thought maybe he was just poorly recorded, but everything’s exactly how he intended it to be heard! The flubs, the chromatics, the slurps and slides and scoops, all intentional! He plays bass like Charlie Parker plays saxophone! I never realized how jazzy it was!

Very well said, EP! :ebert: I know I like listening to Chris Squire and Yes, but I couldn't really put WHY into words like you have.

• Like 2

An interview with Geddy, posted today! He is interesting as always! He brings up the concept of a theatre production based on Rush music- he approves. . . . (saw on Rushisaband . . )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9M_O13CJRMI

I'm glad he's still talking about the book. Like Neil, it's always interesting to listen to Geddy (or Alex) talk.

• Like 1