BBBB Geddy

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 blueschica

blueschica

What the Puck?

• Members
  • 8430 posts
  • Interests:Camping, gardening, muscle cars, NASCAR, Rush!

Posted 17 April 2019 - 04:17 PM

An interview with Geddy, posted today!  He is interesting as always!  He brings up the concept of a theatre production based on Rush music- he approves. . . . (saw on Rushisaband . . )

Sponsored Post

#2 Entre_Perpetuo

Entre_Perpetuo

Queenmaster

• Members
  • 6274 posts
  • Interests:Music, architecture, and childhood hobbies.

Posted 17 April 2019 - 04:52 PM

Oh Ged, you ARE the best progressive rock bassist of all time. The Fish is a close second. ;)

#3 blueschica

blueschica

What the Puck?

• Members
  • 8430 posts

Posted 17 April 2019 - 04:56 PM

View PostEntre_Perpetuo, on 17 April 2019 - 04:52 PM, said:

Oh Ged, you ARE the best progressive rock bassist of all time. The Fish is a close second. ;)

:ebert:  :ebert:

#4 Entre_Perpetuo

Entre_Perpetuo

Queenmaster

• Members
  • 6274 posts
  • Interests:Music, architecture, and childhood hobbies.

Posted 17 April 2019 - 05:26 PM

View Postblueschica, on 17 April 2019 - 04:56 PM, said:

Although that inspired me to go listen to some isolated bass tracks from Yes...holy shoot, I’ve always liked Squire but I never quite wrapped my head around his style until just now. ARTICULATION! It’s all about articulation, and feel! You couldn’t notate his parts accurately if you tried, everything is played exactly according to his vey fluid and jazzy sense of feel! All this time I thought maybe he was just poorly recorded, but everything’s exactly how he intended it to be heard! The flubs, the chromatics, the slurps and slides and scoops, all intentional! He plays bass like Charlie Parker plays saxophone! I never realized how jazzy it was!

#5 blueschica

blueschica

What the Puck?

• Members
  • 8430 posts

Posted 17 April 2019 - 06:03 PM

View PostEntre_Perpetuo, on 17 April 2019 - 05:26 PM, said:

View Postblueschica, on 17 April 2019 - 04:56 PM, said:

Although that inspired me to go listen to some isolated bass tracks from Yes...holy shoot, I’ve always liked Squire but I never quite wrapped my head around his style until just now. ARTICULATION! It’s all about articulation, and feel! You couldn’t notate his parts accurately if you tried, everything is played exactly according to his vey fluid and jazzy sense of feel! All this time I thought maybe he was just poorly recorded, but everything’s exactly how he intended it to be heard! The flubs, the chromatics, the slurps and slides and scoops, all intentional! He plays bass like Charlie Parker plays saxophone! I never realized how jazzy it was!

Very well said, EP! :ebert:  I know I like listening to Chris Squire and Yes, but I couldn't really put WHY into words like you have.

#6 ytserush

ytserush

The Professor

• Members *
  • 4612 posts

Posted 19 April 2019 - 08:28 AM

View Postblueschica, on 17 April 2019 - 04:17 PM, said:

An interview with Geddy, posted today!  He is interesting as always!  He brings up the concept of a theatre production based on Rush music- he approves. . . . (saw on Rushisaband . . )

I'm glad he's still talking about the book. Like Neil, it's always interesting to listen to Geddy (or Alex) talk.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: BBBB, Geddy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users