Star Wars: Episode IX - First Teaser Trailer

Principled Man

Will watch with the Lad when he gets home from school. :drool:

Thanks for posting!

My obsession with Avengers: Endgame has taken a serious hit today .... :laughing guy: :laughing guy:

Return of the Emperor. Wow.

Abrams said last year that Episode IX would involve all the previous films in some way.

We should be prepared for anything and anyone!

• Like 1

The Emperor had a clone of himself made in the Star Wars books. This could be it or maybe he's just a ghost here?

Could be his ghost. The scene showed the wreckage of the Death Star, which must have crashed on Endor. His Dark Ghost may be lurking in the wreckage

Edited by Principled Man

Abrams said last year that Episode IX would involve all the previous films in some way.

We should be prepared for anything and anyone!

Darth Jar Jar here we come ;)

The Emperor had a clone of himself made in the Star Wars books. This could be it or maybe he's just a ghost here?

Could be his ghost. The scene showed the wreckage of the Death Star, which must have crashed on Yavin 4. His Dark Ghost may be lurking in the wreckage

Wouldn’t his ghost be lurking in the 2nd Death Star wreckage, which would be on Endor?

• Like 1

Of the main Star Wars movies, they’re sitting at a 4-4 record with me.

[side note: Rogue One was enjoyable and Solo was forgettable though not terrible.]

Hoping for the best with part 9 but part 8 and Solo don’t make me too optimistic.

:blaze:

Edited by JohnnyBlaze

Could be his ghost. The scene showed the wreckage of the Death Star, which must have crashed on Endor. His Dark Ghost may be lurking in the wreckage

Wouldn’t his ghost be lurking in the 2nd Death Star wreckage, which would be on Endor?

Yes, thanks! My memory had a moment of non-clarity..... :doh:

They blew it. And why do I feel like they’re burying Finn. He was barely in the last one. And he’s the only interesting character. He’s the one with the interesting back story. Wouldn’t it make sense if he was searching for HIS family? I would’ve made Rey a minor character if it was up to me.

Harrison Ford would’ve been the perfect lynchpin for the new trilogy. Killing off him and Luke was nonsensical.

The Avengers is much more interesting - the characters have chemistry for one. And there’s plenty of politically correct silliness in those movies, but it doesn’t weigh anything down.

First thing I noticed about the trailer is how over the top Ridley’s facial expressions are - just awful over acting.

The Last Jedi was so disastrous they are trotting our every conceivable character from the past films to keep everyone on the hook. JJ can’t create an engaging original work. The SW universe is so rich with storylines and interesting characters and yet they can’t let go - gotta dangle Palpatine now that we’ve killed everyone.

Just awful and sad.

Edited by chemistry1973
  • Like 1

Return of the Emperor really just reads like this.

"look we're REALLY sorry That shithead Rian tossed off our build upo with Snoke.......soooooooooo.......Here's palpatine YAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!

Mick

• Like 1

"look we're REALLY sorry That shithead Rian tossed off our build upo with Snoke.......soooooooooo.......Here's palpatine YAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!

Mick

Before this was even announced John had a feeling Palpatine was coming back...just saying!

• Like 1

Mick

Before this was even announced John had a feeling Palpatine was coming back...just saying!

i knew this too. honestly after the fuckked up Snoke thing.......this is a CLEAR back pedel and apology.

and i kinda don't dig it, lol

Mick

Mick

i knew this too. honestly after the fuckked up Snoke thing.......this is a CLEAR back pedel and apology.

and i kinda don't dig it, lol

Mick

The Star Wars movies are to me what Game Of Thrones (TV show) is to you... I keep trying to get into Star Wars for the sake of the fanboys in my life (John), and I can tolerate the original trilogy (it's so lovingly done...), But for the life of me ... I don't get it.

• Like 1

But for the life of me ... I don't get it.

It's not required. Star Wars is just entertainment, like any other film or TV show. It's not for everyone.

It's just been marketed so much that a great many fans have been conditioned to make it the focal point of their lives. That's not a good thing.

• Like 1

It's not required. Star Wars is just entertainment, like any other film or TV show. It's not for everyone.

It's just been marketed so much that a great many fans have been conditioned to make it the focal point of their lives. That's not a good thing.

The Star Wars universe is fantastic, even if the films' storytelling is 2nd rate and the dialogue mostly garbage.

The imagination is off the charts.

• Like 1

The Star Wars universe is fantastic, even if the films' storytelling is 2nd rate and the dialogue mostly garbage.

I've been sucked into Star Wars ever since I saw A New Hope in the theaters. There are many great things about the Star Wars universe, and they keep me coming back for more.

The greatness has indirectly caused all the vitriol towards Lucas and others for their mistakes. Millions of people fell madly in love with Star Wars and its great characters and ideas. Then, when Lucas and Disney started making big mistakes, that love turned to HATE for many disgruntled fans.

• Like 1

I've been sucked into Star Wars ever since I saw A New Hope in the theaters. There are many great things about the Star Wars universe, and they keep me coming back for more.

The greatness has indirectly caused all the vitriol towards Lucas and others for their mistakes. Millions of people fell madly in love with Star Wars and its great characters and ideas. Then, when Lucas and Disney started making big mistakes, that love turned to HATE for many disgruntled fans.

Well when you kill off the most beloved characters for no good reason, leaving a directionless mess in its wake and then accuse fans of being “racist” for not appreciating it...