Geddy with the Claypool Lennon Delirium

Rod in Toronto

I don't have videos of it, but Geddy just left the stage at the Claypool Lennon Delirium concert in Toronto tonight. Unfortunately I couldn't be there, but a friend showed it live on Facebook...they rocked!!!
  • Like 5

WOW, what a weird coincidence. A few minutes ago I just listened to their new album! Strange world!!!
  • Like 2

I only know the second one, and it's simply amazing!!

Rod, the debut is killer!!!

It's good but they have got something special going on, with the new album for me. Serves well for Claypool's craziness to be grounded in traditional songwriting.

Love the new album.

• Like 2

I don't have videos of it, but Geddy just left the stage at the Claypool Lennon Delirium concert in Toronto tonight. Unfortunately I couldn't be there, but a friend showed it live on Facebook...they rocked!!!

Hahaha! What's up stranger? How's life Rod?

PRIMUS SUCKS!

I have every album Les has ever done in his life. DUH!

I've met the man and Tim. Both are so nice and sweet.

I saw Oysterhead in Berkeley. Blew my mind minus all the Deadheads.

Les is more.

He can do no wrong.

He can be out in left field but alas he still kicks ass. A Legend.

I have the new album.

Need to crack the seal.

I have an amazing story about Geddy Lee and his bass book from Toronto yet I can never reveal my secret story on a public forum.

I am blessed.

Johnny Blaze thinks I'm cursed.

Life is short.

• Like 1

I love how people on here think I'm such an asshole. Yet I am in an inner circle.

I can't type about it.

But just letting all of your Rushhead Haters know.

Keep hating me, and I will love the ones who love me for who I am.

I'm going back to Toronto Rod.

But my "Mission" is not for the Rush Forum to know.

Blessed.

Rod, I have an incredible story about Geddy and I.

We can text or call each other.

I will never disclose how lucky I am with Geddy.

I'll give you a hint.

I didn't need to do the Geddy signing in Marin California.

My gift was beyond priceless and eternal.

The public forum will never know my story.

I am just so happy I went to Grapes Under Pressure IV.

Rod,

I will be in Toronto for the A's Blue Jays series.

Hope we can at least meet up for a drink.

A beer this time.

There is a major reason why I am going, however I can't reveal my connection.

It could be beyond beyond.

Little Rush Fanbois and Girls, keep typing your Rush hype.

I am real.

I am one of the greatest Rush fans on the planet Earth. Always and Forever.

"Idiots Rule"

Signed,

Jane's Addiction

• Like 2

And Ged’s playing one of Les’s weird basses.Thats a first for me
  • Like 2

I was just noticing yesterday that this show is coming to Brooklyn in less than a week. Tempted to check it out, but it would be a long ride on a weeknight. What I’m really waiting for is this supposed bunch of dates with Primus opening for Slayer.

From Les's Facebook page:

"Last night was a pinnacle moment for this Ol’ Colonel’s career. My dear friend and childhood superhero #GeddyLee decided to join The Delirium onstage in Toronto for our rendition of Sean’s Dad’s, "Tomorrow Never Knows".

As Geddy slinked out of the shadows with my Pachyderm bass in his mighty grips, the crowd slowly swelled to a frenzy of recognition. The energy and excitement was so palatable that it brought a joyful tear to my eye. Like Joe DiMaggio stepping back up to the plate, Geddy proceeded to show us all why he is one of the greatest to ever wield a four string piece of furniture. It was pure magic and I imagine I'll feel the tingle on the back of my neck for some time.

Alas, our recording equipment went on the fritz so it will only live in our minds...and on the handful of cellphones that were fortunate enough to capture the glory. Good times.

- Les Claypool"

They need to do some recording together.

Edited by HemiBeers
  • Like 5

"Last night was a pinnacle moment for this Ol’ Colonel’s career. My dear friend and childhood superhero #GeddyLee decided to join The Delirium onstage in Toronto for our rendition of Sean’s Dad’s, "Tomorrow Never Knows".

As Geddy slinked out of the shadows with my Pachyderm bass in his mighty grips, the crowd slowly swelled to a frenzy of recognition. The energy and excitement was so palatable that it brought a joyful tear to my eye. Like Joe DiMaggio stepping back up to the plate, Geddy proceeded to show us all why he is one of the greatest to ever wield a four string piece of furniture. It was pure magic and I imagine I'll feel the tingle on the back of my neck for some time.

Alas, our recording equipment went on the fritz so it will only live in our minds...and on the handful of cellphones that were fortunate enough to capture the glory. Good times.

- Les Claypool"

Right on.

Childhood superhero!!!

Me too says the teenaged fanboi......

• Like 3

Back in the RTB tour days, Les referred to Geddy as “The King Daddy-O” of bass. I’m now curious about how Sean Lennon experienced that or if anyone saw anything coming from whatever social media he has (if any). Never thought about what Sean’s musical taste might be, and I don’t remember if I ever heard an interview where he talked about it.

- Les Claypool"

That would be the shit. Les has a talent for drawing musicians to him and putting out some incredible music. The Bernies Bucket of Brains mp3 gets some major playing time in my car.

- Les Claypool"

That would be the shit. Les has a talent for drawing musicians to him and putting out some incredible music. The Bernies Bucket of Brains mp3 gets some major playing time in my car.

The CD's are great too.

Back in the RTB tour days, Les referred to Geddy as “The King Daddy-O” of bass. I’m now curious about how Sean Lennon experienced that or if anyone saw anything coming from whatever social media he has (if any). Never thought about what Sean’s musical taste might be, and I don’t remember if I ever heard an interview where he talked about it.

Sean was originally into dance music so that was a turn off for me and didn't pay much attention to what he was up to but somewhere along the line he changed his musiccal direction which was more in tune with mine and he's been on my radar for a while. The clincher for me was when he hooked up with Les.

That stuff is really what music is all about for me. I really thought about seeing them this time out but the weeknight thing has been a killer lately.

• Like 1

I bought the record. Had to turn it off. Horrible.

What the fukk happened to Les, Primus and all the side projects?

I loved Oysterhead.

Saw them live at The Greek.

But really?

After "Tales From The Punch Bowl" I threw in the towel.

I have bought every Les solo album ever made.

Yet they all annoy me.

Just give me

"Suck On This"

"Frizzle Fry"

"Sailing The Seas Of Cheese."

I remember seeing Primus at The Warfield. They did "Sailing The Seas Of Cheese" all the way through.

Everyone in the pit started chanting.......

"PRIMUS SUCKS PRIMUS SUCKS PRIMUS SUCKS!"

Les said....

"Stop that, we don't say that anymore."

So lame.

I saw Primus open up for RUSH four times.

It was EPIC.

I think it was the "Roll The Bones" Tour.

Those were the daze.

• Like 1

Les Claypool and Sean Lennon were interviewed yesterday at Q1043 New York with Jonathan Clarke.

The discussion of influences comes up at the 7:55 mark and then Les chimes in at the 8:42 mark about RUSH and at the 9:27 mark about Geddy Lee below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mw2ANitHTeQ

Edited by RushFanForever
  • Like 2

Just give me

"Suck On This"

"Frizzle Fry"

"Sailing The Seas Of Cheese."

I remember seeing Primus at The Warfield. They did "Sailing The Seas Of Cheese" all the way through.

Everyone in the pit started chanting.......

"PRIMUS SUCKS PRIMUS SUCKS PRIMUS SUCKS!"

Les said....

"Stop that, we don't say that anymore."

So lame.

I saw Primus open up for RUSH four times.

It was EPIC.

I think it was the "Roll The Bones" Tour.

Those were the daze.

Yeah, I totally hear ya. I couldn’t tell you how many early Primus shows I saw before they really blew up. I remember seeing them with fishbone and on the frizzle fry tour opening for 24-7 Spyz and then a bunch of times in smallish venues before they opened for Rush. Chatted w/Tim Alexander when they were on Lollapalooza with AIC and fishbone and RATM (their first big tour probably). When Tim left/was dismissed I got the first album with Brian Mantia only because I liked Praxis a lot (Bootsy, Buckethead, Bernie Worrel and Brian). I lost track of them after that one, until finally going to catch the last tour w/mastodon.

• Like 1

Les Claypool and Sean Lennon were interviewed yesterday at Q1043 New York with Jonathan Clarke.

The discussion of influences comes up at the 7:55 mark and then Les chimes in at the 8:42 mark about RUSH and at the 9:27 mark about Geddy Lee below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mw2ANitHTeQ

Nice interview. About what I expected. I still enjoy listening to Primus, but I think I dig Les' other projects more.

I too have seen primus with anthrax and public enemy. That was a sick tour

Also sausage.

They opened for helmet and rollins band

Helmet were peaking then imo.

Anyways by some twist it looks i am seeing cld this weekend

I really dig seans voice and he is a much better guitar than i thought he would be

• Like 1