Eliminator vs. Pump

Another poll  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• Eliminator - ZZ Top
    • Pump - Aerosmith

Pump.

Elminator is good but I feel the big hits massively outshine the rest of the album. None of the deep tracks are even close to the same level. It's really noticeable to me. Pump is an album where both the hits and the lesser known tracks are on pretty equal footing. Making it a much more enjoyable listening experience.

• Like 3

Pump.

Elminator is good but I feel the big hits massively outshine the rest of the album. None of the deep tracks are even close to the same level. It's really noticeable to me. Pump is an album where both the hits and the lesser known tracks are on pretty equal footing. Making it a much more enjoyable listening experience.

No way baby! :no:

• Like 1

Pump.

I enjoy the deeper cuts on Eliminator, but putting TV Dinners up against Young Lust or FINE pretty much confirms what you said.

• Like 3

Pump.

I enjoy the deeper cuts on Eliminator, but putting TV Dinners up against Young Lust or FINE pretty much confirms what you said.

What It Takes might be the best breakup song ever.

And FINE is another example of Tyler’s greatness as a sly lyricist (I knew these hookers down on 42 street but, uh, ill-gotten booty’s not my style).

• Like 3

Eliminator hands down. Groove. Groove, man. It impacted me far more back then than Pump did. Come to think of it, Pump was the last Aerosmith album I ever bought.
  • Like 1

Aerosmith come before ZZ Top in the alphabet only. On a serious note, if it was Rocks vs. Tres Hombres it might be more difficult - two favourites from my teenage years. Pump the last decent Aerosmith record before those horrifying ballads took a grip, whereas La Futura was plenty decent 45 years after ZZ Top started. And I named a fantastic cat ZZ, so they win!
  • Like 1

Pump is a better album period paragraph.

ZZ Top is so far a better band with so much a better library that the comparison fails.

Aerosmith has no La Grange, though they may have paid a visit.