Do you consider Springsteen's "Born to Run" to be one of the best songs in American classic rock?

Texas King

Do you consider Springsteen's "Born to Run" to be one of the best songs in American classic rock?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Do you consider Springsteen's "Born to Run" to be one of the best songs in American classic rock?

In all honesty, Born To Run is probably the greatest single in recording history.

But I could also argue the same case for every song off Born To Run. Masterpiece.

The Doors- Light My Fire comes super slide for me

By the way, "Thunder Road" is the best thing Springsteen has ever done.

For me, Born To Run and Jungleland top it...possibly...maybe...eek...I could be swayed to your reasoning!

Also the little known Thundercrack is amazing.

• Like 1

Absolutely positively!

You could honestly mention any song off the first seven albums and the wealth of bonus material from the time period, call it the best song ever, and I could not argue against.

That entire album is just epic...

...easily one of the very best rock and roll records ever recorded!

Born To Run is the Pet Sounds of the seventies.

• Like 2

Oh Lord...

...don't get me back into Springsteen I won't want to listen to anything else for the next five months haha!

• Like 1

Oh Lord...

...don't get me back into Springsteen I won't want to listen to anything else for the next five months haha!

i'll be going there soon. he's one of my warm weather artists.

Mick

• Like 1

It's a wonderful song, easily top ten, but along with others here I think Thunder Road is better. It has a poignancy that is very touching. I love the whole album, though- I had the 8 track and played it until I wore it out. I love Tenth Avenue Freeze-out as one of my "summer' songs. :heart:
  • Like 3

Yea sure, lol.

the Album 100 percent is one of the greatest things ever.

Mick

I read this just as I was about to post my thoughts on the original question:

Born to Run is clearly one of the greatest songs in America classic rock (It is influential and iconic). I don't think it's one of the best, however (It's not well written or executed, in my opinion, and I don't like it).

• Like 1

Yea sure, lol.

the Album 100 percent is one of the greatest things ever.

Mick

I read this just as I was about to post my thoughts on the original question:

Born to Run is clearly one of the greatest songs in America classic rock (It is influential and iconic). I don't think it's one of the best, however (It's not well written or executed, in my opinion, and I don't like it).

Honestly. it's a great song.

but i find it kinda clunky lyrically and it is my least fav on the album.

Mick

• Like 1

Yes. How is this debatable? Born To Run is on the same level as Dream On, Come Sail Away, Free Falling, La Grange, etc. in the category of greatest American classic rock songs. You may not like it or love it, but its ubiquity and iconic status are undeniable.
  • Like 3