7 replies to this topic

#1 apetersvt

apetersvt

The Professor

• Members
  • 3543 posts
  • Interests:wine (good beer and cheap liquor actually), women, and song

Posted 08 April 2019 - 08:16 AM

Have been holding off buying the book hoping for a book-signing event in the Washington DC area as was rumored.

It's been fairly quiet recently on news of any book signings.  Has anyone heard of any rumors about more signings or if he's done with them??

Sponsored Post

#2 blueschica

blueschica

What the Puck?

• Members
  • 8274 posts
  • Interests:Camping, gardening, muscle cars, NASCAR, Rush!

Posted 08 April 2019 - 12:49 PM

View Postapetersvt, on 08 April 2019 - 08:16 AM, said:

Have been holding off buying the book hoping for a book-signing event in the Washington DC area as was rumored.

It's been fairly quiet recently on news of any book signings.  Has anyone heard of any rumors about more signings or if he's done with them??

I've been wondering as well, I did the same thing!  The only thing I've heard is that the book was so popular it sold out from the publisher (there are a small number still available at  Rushbackstage.com and Barnes and Noble)  and that he is waiting for a second printing so that books are actually available to sign.  That was from someone on a Rush FB group I am in, so who knows?  I do know the book is sold out at Amazon, though so maybe there is some truth to it.

#3 HalfwayToGone

HalfwayToGone

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 981 posts
  • Interests:Music—listening and performing.

Posted 09 April 2019 - 05:07 AM

There was a social media post by rushbackstage claiming they were the only store with remaining stock a week or two ago, so that would make sense.

#4 ytserush

ytserush

The Professor

• Members *
  • 4582 posts

Posted 09 April 2019 - 08:21 PM

View PostHalfwayToGone, on 09 April 2019 - 05:07 AM, said:

There was a social media post by rushbackstage claiming they were the only store with remaining stock a week or two ago, so that would make sense.

i wonder if that means no more are being printed. Also wonder what the total press run was.

#5 HalfwayToGone

HalfwayToGone

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 981 posts

Posted 10 April 2019 - 04:15 AM

I’d be surprised if they don’t have a second printing.  It’s not like the book got dusty on shelves before stock dwindled.  It was only about 4 months.  That said, they could go straight to a soft cover edition to get buyers who passed but might go for a cheaper option.

#6 ytserush

ytserush

The Professor

• Members *
  • 4582 posts

Posted 13 April 2019 - 01:24 PM

View PostHalfwayToGone, on 10 April 2019 - 04:15 AM, said:

I’d be surprised if they don’t have a second printing.  It’s not like the book got dusty on shelves before stock dwindled.  It was only about 4 months.  That said, they could go straight to a soft cover edition to get buyers who passed but might go for a cheaper option.

Might be mistaken, but I thought they were already on a second or third printing. There was that period where it wasn't available at the beginning of the year. I could see this being a soft cover reprint, but who knows that the thought process is.

#7 HalfwayToGone

HalfwayToGone

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 981 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 06:05 AM

You could be right—I have no idea what the publishing or sales numbers are.

#8 Mr. JD

Mr. JD

Solar Federalist

• Members *
  • 2133 posts
  • Interests:Professional Photographer

Posted 15 April 2019 - 09:50 AM

HalfwayToGone, on 10 April 2019 - 04:15 AM, said:

Check out the Apple Books version. It’s very good. Especially with the ability to zoom the pictures to see detail. I’m pretty sure there is a version for Kindle also.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users