Message to Johnny "De Niro" Blaze...

treeduck

You know, we are sitting here, you and I, like a couple of regular fellas. You do what you do, and I do what I gotta do. And now that we've been face to face, if I'm there and I gotta put you away, I won't like it. But I tell you, if it's between you and some poor bastard whose wife you're gonna turn into a widow, brother, you are going down!!!!!!! :bang bang:
  • Like 2

Hey duck, Vita Corleone Bobby, Max Cady Bobby, “Heat” Bobby, and Deer Hunter Bobby are teleported to a secluded Manhattan. They’ve got 48 hours to find and kill each other with whatever they find or with their bare hands. If they don’t kill the other 3, they die too. Who dies first? Any team-up? Who finally wins? :blaze:
  • Like 1

Hey duck, Vita Corleone Bobby, Max Cady Bobby, “Heat” Bobby, and Deer Hunter Bobby are teleported to a secluded Manhattan. They’ve got 48 hours to find and kill each other with whatever they find or with their bare hands. If they don’t kill the other 3, they die too. Who dies first? Any team-up? Who finally wins? :blaze:

:LOL:

That's a difficult one, those four are pretty evenly matched. I'll have to give it the proper consideration before I come to my conclusions. :smoke:

• Like 1

Nobody knows “Heat”?! :blaze:

That’s why I liked the OP’s post in the first place.

Happy birthday.

Thanks but my birthday is in August :)

duck is a crazy bird with a lot on his mind and if you get swept away in the tempest of his imagination you’re likely to believe it’s someone’s birthday :blaze:

• Like 3

Nobody knows “Heat”?! :blaze:

That’s why I liked the OP’s post in the first place.

Happy birthday.

Thanks but my birthday is in August :)

duck is a crazy bird with a lot on his mind and if you get swept away in the tempest of his imagination you’re likely to believe it’s someone’s birthday :blaze:

:AlienSmiley: :aliensmiley: :AlienSmiley: :aliensmiley:

So this is a movie I need to see, eh? Is it any good? Is it as good as Manhunter? William Petersen was SUPERB in that movie! I OWN it!

j2CVBP3.png

• Like 1

Right I'd say that Deer Hunter Bobby gets killed first because although he was tough in Vietnam I feel that he needed a really extreme situation to bring out his ultra-tough side. Any of the others could just sneak up on him or suddenly face him down and he wouldn't react strongly enough and get taken out. The other three are natural predators who don't need to be forced to bring out the fire.

I think Heat Bobby, in terms of his organisation skills and preparation and willingness to kill without mercy, could end up coming out on top, but because of his emotional reaction to being betrayed in Heat by Waingro I think he gets killed next. He showed when going after Waingro that he can easily be tricked into breaking his own rules and run right into a trap that the likes of Max Cady Bobby could easily arrange. Having a foolproof set of rules to live by is useless if you won't stick to them when the going gets tough. It's not like he's stupid, he knew what he was doing after the robbery, he just had to go after Waingro no matter what even if it meant his own death. This is a fatal flaw that can't be overcome.

Vita Corleone Bobby gets killed next. The reason for this is Max Cady Bobby is just too much for him. Max Cady Bobby has proven himself to be super-humanly strong-willed and amazingly adaptable, for instance following the Bowden family for miles by strapping himself under their car. He also showed an impressive ability to learn new skills and used his prison time to improve himself in every aspect, mental and physical. He also showed an almost supernatural durability and implacability, if he gets you in his sights he's not going to stop until he kills you. He's also shown incredible resilience and toughness especially when he overcame three armed men who ambushed him without warning, he came back from the brink of serious injury or death. And he not only won in the end but he f***ed them all up big time with one literally running for his life. His ruthlessness was shown when he outsmarted and murdered the private detective and the housekeeper. He's also shown intelligence and cunning, he was able to make the lawyer Sam Bowden look like the guilty party during their feud and thoroughly outlawyered the veteran lawyer, beat him at his own game handily. Max Cady Bobby is basically built for this type of battle.

I see Max Cady Bobby teaming up with Vita Corleone Bobby early on using him to trick Heat Bobby allowing Max to eliminate him without fuss. Deer Hunter Bobby is taken out even easier. Then Max Cady Bobby celebrates with Vita Bobby before ruthlessly wounding him leaving to die helplessly but slowly so Max Cady Bobby can give one of his speeches about the Ninth Circle of Hell and the Law and how Vita Bobby broke his own Mafia rules and got what was coming to him.

:smoke:

• Like 1

Right I'd say that Deer Hunter Bobby gets killed first because although he was tough in Vietnam I feel that he needed a really extreme situation to bring out his ultra-tough side. Any of the others could just sneak up on him or suddenly face him down and he wouldn't react strongly enough and get taken out. The other three are natural predators who don't need to be forced to bring out the fire.

I think Heat Bobby, in terms of his organisation skills and preparation and willingness to kill without mercy, could end up coming out on top, but because of his emotional reaction to being betrayed in Heat by Waingro I think he gets killed next. He showed when going after Waingro that he can easily be tricked into breaking his own rules and run right into a trap that the likes of Max Cady Bobby could easily arrange. Having a foolproof set of rules to live by is useless if you won't stick to them when the going gets tough. It's not like he's stupid, he knew what he was doing after the robbery, he just had to go after Waingro no matter what even if it meant his own death. This is a fatal flaw that can't be overcome.

Vita Corleone Bobby gets killed next. The reason for this is Max Cady Bobby is just too much for him. Max Cady Bobby has proven himself to be super-humanly strong-willed and amazingly adaptable, for instance following the Bowden family for miles by strapping himself under their car. He also showed an impressive ability to learn new skills and used his prison time to improve himself in every aspect, mental and physical. He also showed an almost supernatural durability and implacability, if he gets you in his sights he's not going to stop until he kills you. He's also shown incredible resilience and toughness especially when he overcame three armed men who ambushed him without warning, he came back from the brink of serious injury or death. And he not only won in the end but he f***ed them all up big time with one literally running for his life. His ruthlessness was shown when he outsmarted and murdered the private detective and the housekeeper. He's also shown intelligence and cunning, he was able to make the lawyer Sam Bowden look like the guilty party during their feud and thoroughly outlawyered the veteran lawyer, beat him at his own game handily. Max Cady Bobby is basically built for this type of battle.

I see Max Cady Bobby teaming up with Vita Corleone Bobby early on using him to trick Heat Bobby allowing Max to eliminate him without fuss. Deer Hunter Bobby is taken out even easier. Then Max Cady Bobby celebrates with Vita Bobby before ruthlessly wounding him leaving to die helplessly but slowly so Max Cady Bobby can give one of his speeches about the Ninth Circle of Hell and the Law and how Vita Bobby broke his own Mafia rules and got what was coming to him.

High quality post. Too hard to argue against any other outcome too.

Would it have affected the outcome or team-ups if Taxi Driver Bobby or Ronin Bobby had entered the fray?

And what would happen if those original 4 Bobbys I listed went up against Sergio Leone trilogy Clint, Dirty Harry Clint, Outlaw Josey Clint, and Heartbreak Ridge Clint. This scenario is 4 vs 4 in the same secluded metropolis. Max Cady would manhandle a gunless Callahan but if Harry finds a gun it’d be all “Do you feel lucky punk?!” then blam blam blam followed by walking away after tossing the cop badge into the Hudson.

I think the Clints win but which one(s) survive(s)? :blaze:

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 1

Would it have affected the outcome or team-ups if Taxi Driver Bobby or Ronin Bobby had entered the fray?

And what would happen if those original 4 Bobbys I listed went up against Sergio Leone trilogy Clint, Dirty Harry Clint, Outlaw Josey Clint, and Heartbreak Ridge Clint. This scenario is 4 vs 4 in the same secluded metropolis. Max Cady would manhandle a gunless Callahan but if Harry finds a gun it’d be all “Do you feel lucky punk?!” then blam blam blam followed by walking away after tossing the cop badge into the Hudson.

That's another one I'll have to think about.

As for Ronin Bobby and Taxi Driver Bobby, well Taxi Driver Bobby would be too easily distracted by random obsessions, and whatever long term irrational paranoia he has at the time to be any real threat to Max Cady Bobby, unless he got really lucky. Which is unlikely considering he used up all his luck bringing down the pimp Sport. As for Ronin Bobby, I think he's an outstanding CIA-trained killer but I feel that the sheer crazy fortitude that Max Cady Bobby has displayed, along with all the other traits described above would see him come out on top in this scenario.

• Like 1

That's another one I'll have to think about.

As for Ronin Bobby and Taxi Driver Bobby, well Taxi Driver Bobby would be too easily distracted by random obsessions, and whatever long term irrational paranoia he has at the time to be any real threat to Max Cady Bobby, unless he got really lucky. Which is unlikely considering he used up all his luck bringing down the pimp Sport. As for Ronin Bobby, I think he's an outstanding CIA-trained killer but I feel that the sheer crazy fortitude that Max Cady Bobby has displayed, along with all the other traits described above would see him come out on top in this scenario.

:popcorn:

So this is a movie I need to see, eh? Is it any good? Is it as good as Manhunter? William Petersen was SUPERB in that movie! I OWN it!

j2CVBP3.png

Yes. And Heat is also directed by Michael Mann.

He was BIG back then...

ZbM0uko.png

Man With No Name Clint and Dirty Harry Clint wipe out all the Bobbies and other Clints with knives and guns. Max Cady Bobby has a long battle with Dirty Harry Clint which if filmed would have been the ultimate Dirty Harry sequel. In the end it comes down to two speeches, The Ninth Circle of Hell speech but this is interrupted by Dirty Harry Clint who surprises Max Cady Bobby with a knife taped to his leg and then with his 44 magnum back in his hand he delivers the "six shots or only five, do ya punk?" speech which results in Max Cady Bobby being blasted by the Smith & Wessen Model 29. The final battle between Dirty Harry Clint and Man With No Name Clint ends in a gunfight similar to the one at the end of The Good, The Bad and the Ugly, with the same graveyard setting and a 100 piece orchestra playing The Ecstasy of Gold. Neither one of these icons blinks or twitches as the time runs down before they fire. When the bullets fly both guys crumple to the ground but when the dust finally settles both guys slowly get to their feet to reveal a large piece of lead under a poncho and a bullet-proof shirt under a jacket. They walk towards each other...

Dirty Harry: "We could go back and try that again but I think we both know what would happen..."

MWNN: ..."Yeah..."

Dirty Harry: "Whatever each of us does the other will always have the answer.."

MWNN: "And we might just need those bullets..."

Dirty Harry: "Right..."

MWNN: (holsters guns) "This could end right here."

Dirty Harry: "It just did." (holsters Model 29)

MWNN: "Yeah..."

Dirty Harry: "You ought to find a new line of work, one that suits your particular talents..."

MWNN: "And what line of work would that be old man?"

Dirty Harry: "Well if you stay out here doing this, you're liable to wind up like me. Or catch a bullet..."

MWNN: (tips hat lower) "Well right now I got to catch a train, be seeing you old man..."

Dirty Harry: "...Yeah..."

Edited by treeduck
  • Like 1

Heat is a great movie. Soundtrack is good too.

:bang bang: :bang bang: :bang bang: :bang bang: :bang bang: :bang bang: :bang bang: :bang bang: :bang bang: :bang bang: :bang bang: :bang bang: :bang bang: :bang bang: :bang bang: :bang bang: :bang bang: :bang bang: :bang bang: :bang bang: :bang bang: :bang bang: :bang bang: :bang bang: :bang bang: :bang bang: :bang bang: :bang bang: :bang bang: :bang bang: :bang bang: :bang bang: :bang bang: :bang bang: :bang bang: :bang bang: :bang bang: :bang bang: :bang bang:

Love the epic (almost never-ending) gunfight scene!

Would be great to have a bullet count. :smoke:

• Like 2