Jump to content


New Drummer for Rush


  • Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#41 HemiBeers

HemiBeers

    The Professor

  • Members
  • 4826 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:kalamazoo, mi
  • Interests:playfully annoying on the verge of inappropriate.

Posted 05 May 2019 - 06:01 PM

View PostLorraine, on 03 May 2019 - 10:48 AM, said:

View Posttreeduck, on 02 May 2019 - 05:32 PM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 30 April 2019 - 06:07 PM, said:

i guess Ginger Baker is too old, eh?  He would spark things up in the band!  :)
Posted Image
"What the hell are you talking about? Where's my dinner?? And don't forget those dog biscuits I like too."

He has been known to be a bit volatile.

Seems like a likeable chap. What could go wrong?

Posted Image

Sponsored Post

#42 Prince of Tyrus

Prince of Tyrus

    The Seeker

  • Members
  • 126 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Somewhere...But not here

Posted 21 July 2019 - 04:05 PM

https://www.youtube....h?v=XMGbJiQBGN8

#43 Prince of Tyrus

Prince of Tyrus

    The Seeker

  • Members
  • 126 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Somewhere...But not here

Posted 21 July 2019 - 04:06 PM

https://www.youtube....h?v=cgqYkBFSva4

#44 greyfriar

greyfriar

    River Rhine BurgerMeister

  • Members
  • 9224 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Rheinsheim
  • Interests:Music
    Munros in Scottish Highland
    Constructing weird grammar phrases in TRF posts
    It is what it is - and forever!

Posted 21 July 2019 - 10:19 PM

View PostPrince of Tyrus, on 21 July 2019 - 04:06 PM, said:

I bet some of the folks here instantly fall in love... :sundog:

#45 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

    The Ghost Rider

  • Members *
  • 32733 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 21 July 2019 - 10:57 PM

View Postgreyfriar, on 21 July 2019 - 10:19 PM, said:

View PostPrince of Tyrus, on 21 July 2019 - 04:06 PM, said:

I bet some of the folks here instantly fall in love... :sundog:

Not me.

I know the difference between love and lust. :P

:blaze:

#46 vaportrailer

vaportrailer

    A Passenger to Bangkok

  • Members
  • 6425 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Canada
  • Interests:music, reading, travel

Posted 22 July 2019 - 03:07 PM

View Postgreyfriar, on 21 July 2019 - 10:19 PM, said:

View PostPrince of Tyrus, on 21 July 2019 - 04:06 PM, said:

I bet some of the folks here instantly fall in love... :sundog:

With the lingerie maybe, but certainly not with that hand technique. :o

Not a fan of the music, but the drumming is solid:




#47 BigMontanaSKY

BigMontanaSKY

    Long Awaited Froind

  • Members
  • 30 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Rockies USA
  • Interests:Transportation industry, cars (collectible) US politics, guitar playing, health, leatherworking, winter sports, Rottweilers, and shoes. I am also into target shooting.

Posted 23 July 2019 - 02:39 PM

Vegas residency for sure.

#48 RUSHHEAD666

RUSHHEAD666

    My name is Earl

  • Members
  • 33995 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

Posted 01 August 2019 - 12:58 AM

View PostFleetwoodPC, on 21 March 2019 - 01:02 PM, said:

Why aren't GedLee playing shows with a, or several, alternating, drummers?

Believe it or not Neil isn't impossible to copy.

A 'precision' studio drummer such as Simon Phillips could seem to handle it.

Could Taylor Hawkins? ... I don't know as much about him but he seems highly skilled.

And Alan White or Bill Bruford minus forty years.

And unfortunately Jeff Pocaro passed in 1992.

And maybe even a YouTube drummer a la the guy who now fronts Journey.

You are killing me in a great way.

I've been typing about Simon Phillips doing a project with Geddy and Alex for years!!

Neil will alway be my number one.
But now that he is retired, the greatest drummer on the planet is Simon Phillips.
I met Simon after a Protocol gig.  We talked about his recording with Judas Priest.
I wish I asked him if he would ever do a record with Lee Lifeson.

Hell, I'm sure he would in a heartbeat.

"Closer To the Heart"  baby.

#49 treeduck

treeduck

    Tenacious T

  • Members *
  • 89763 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Manchester, England

Posted 04 August 2019 - 04:51 PM

View PostRUSHHEAD666, on 01 August 2019 - 12:58 AM, said:

View PostFleetwoodPC, on 21 March 2019 - 01:02 PM, said:

Why aren't GedLee playing shows with a, or several, alternating, drummers?

Believe it or not Neil isn't impossible to copy.

A 'precision' studio drummer such as Simon Phillips could seem to handle it.

Could Taylor Hawkins? ... I don't know as much about him but he seems highly skilled.

And Alan White or Bill Bruford minus forty years.

And unfortunately Jeff Pocaro passed in 1992.

And maybe even a YouTube drummer a la the guy who now fronts Journey.

You are killing me in a great way.

I've been typing about Simon Phillips doing a project with Geddy and Alex for years!!

Neil will alway be my number one.
But now that he is retired, the greatest drummer on the planet is Simon Phillips.
I met Simon after a Protocol gig.  We talked about his recording with Judas Priest.
I wish I asked him if he would ever do a record with Lee Lifeson.

Hell, I'm sure he would in a heartbeat.

"Closer To the Heart"  baby.
Posted Image

#50 RUSHHEAD666

RUSHHEAD666

    My name is Earl

  • Members
  • 33995 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

Posted 07 August 2019 - 11:39 PM

View Posttreeduck, on 04 August 2019 - 04:51 PM, said:

View PostRUSHHEAD666, on 01 August 2019 - 12:58 AM, said:

View PostFleetwoodPC, on 21 March 2019 - 01:02 PM, said:

Why aren't GedLee playing shows with a, or several, alternating, drummers?

Believe it or not Neil isn't impossible to copy.

A 'precision' studio drummer such as Simon Phillips could seem to handle it.

Could Taylor Hawkins? ... I don't know as much about him but he seems highly skilled.

And Alan White or Bill Bruford minus forty years.

And unfortunately Jeff Pocaro passed in 1992.

And maybe even a YouTube drummer a la the guy who now fronts Journey.

You are killing me in a great way.

I've been typing about Simon Phillips doing a project with Geddy and Alex for years!!

Neil will alway be my number one.
But now that he is retired, the greatest drummer on the planet is Simon Phillips.
I met Simon after a Protocol gig.  We talked about his recording with Judas Priest.
I wish I asked him if he would ever do a record with Lee Lifeson.

Hell, I'm sure he would in a heartbeat.

"Closer To the Heart"  baby.
Posted Image


Stop giving me "The Main Monkey Business" Pat!!

#51 RockyTheRockTender

RockyTheRockTender

    Long Awaited Froind

  • Members
  • 34 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Nevada

Posted 10 August 2019 - 11:12 AM

There certainly are some odd flavored jellybeans rollin' around here. That's what makes life interesting, I  mean once you taste a booger flavor out of all the jellybeans you have to choose from, you know how to tell them apart in the future.

#52 Three Eyes

Three Eyes

    The Seeker

  • Members
  • 369 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 10 August 2019 - 01:00 PM

View Postvaportrailer, on 22 July 2019 - 03:07 PM, said:

View Postgreyfriar, on 21 July 2019 - 10:19 PM, said:

View PostPrince of Tyrus, on 21 July 2019 - 04:06 PM, said:

I bet some of the folks here instantly fall in love... :sundog:

With the lingerie maybe, but certainly not with that hand technique. :o

Not a fan of the music, but the drumming is solid:




She's damn good. And she's writing this stuff too.

#53 Three Eyes

Three Eyes

    The Seeker

  • Members
  • 369 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 10 August 2019 - 01:17 PM

View Postedhunter, on 25 April 2019 - 01:37 PM, said:

I can only imagine what rush would have become with a drummer who plays with actual feel.

They would have become Helix.

"Gimme an R! R! - O! O! - C! C! - K! K!!! Watcha got!!?? RUSH!!!"

The lyrical panache of one Geddy Lee.

#54 Three Eyes

Three Eyes

    The Seeker

  • Members
  • 369 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 10 August 2019 - 01:46 PM

I think Ged and Al working with a female drummer would be radical.





#55 Three Eyes

Three Eyes

    The Seeker

  • Members
  • 369 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 10 August 2019 - 07:45 PM

This video only has 72 views but this dude can drum Rush.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users