What's with all the forthcoming Rush books? (Not a complaint!)

zappafrank

Just copying my comment from another thread:

Someone should compile every TRF post about Rush and publish it as a book. Rush: The Great Fan Debates

Rush: The Complete Fan-Generated Ultimate Set Lists

Permanent Waves: One Last Blast from the Seventies

Or maybe someone can write a book called Rush: The Liner Notes

Rush: The Between-Set Comedy Skit Transcripts

I suppose it's cool that a band can have such a tremendous body of work that it seems the "scholarship" will never cease...

• Like 1

I suppose it's cool that a band can have such a tremendous body of work that it seems the "scholarship" will never cease...

I forget the exact context, but (among other prog songs) I used the lyrics and message of Hemispheres (the song) in a literature paper in college, and got something like an A++ on it, hah

I forget the exact context, but (among other prog songs) I used the lyrics and message of Hemispheres (the song) in a literature paper in college, and got something like an A++ on it, hah

Nice job. You should find the essay and post it here.

Money grab.

Pretty much.

With the band retired now, everything is going to get thrown out there to try and make something off the name. Plus, the band more than likely have stuff sitting around they have no use for. So why not put some books together and see if they fans are interested?

Someone should compile every TRF post about Rush and publish it as a book. Rush: The Great Fan Debates

Scholarship?

Every semi-literate rock music fan thinks their band is the coolest, most cerebral, musicianly...etc etc etc.

• Like 1

Scholarship?

Every semi-literate rock music fan thinks their band is the coolest, most cerebral, musicianly...etc etc etc.

Note the quotes.

I would think there is, and has been information recorded about that, and those things kept like on, and in files by a well liked, loved, known, and very popular band, and group. Why not put information from files, and records like those things together into different books for trying to sell them. Regarding new music, I wish there was more news about that, but it is what it is, and as a song title from Rush, says "How It Is". Edited by Derek19

Money grab.

As long as it keeps Peart's bank account healthy enough that he doesn't feel the need to write another insufferable travel book to replenish it, it's all good.

Blind men in the market 

Buying what we're sold 

I say go for it. They deserve every penny. I dont expect to buy anything else from them unless its new music but lets face it, their music is an interesting topic as evidenced by the amount of time we waste here......

Edited by tangy

There's the tour book coming out in October, then the song-by-song was just announced, and we had the Martin Popoff books. (And of course Geddy's book)

Again, not a complaint, but where's it all coming from?

Not counting Neil's of Geddy's there's about a dozen out there already.

The song by song thing has been sort of done before with Mystic Rhythms and A Simple Kind Mirror. Even Popoff's last book kind of touches on that though it's a bit subjective and selective.