"The Golden Age Of Leather" At A High School Theater In San Ramon California! BLUE OYSTER CULT! New York Legends! No Hall Of Fame? FU ROLLING STONE!

RUSHHEAD666

Guys and Dolls!

I was soooooooooooooooo lucky last Saturday night! No, I didn't get laid and I didn't get in a fight! Wait Lita Ford???? LOL!

I was able to get a ticket and see BLUE OYSTER CULT in a high school theater in San Ramon California!

I had an ok seat in row L but they opened the pit!

I raced down to the front and ensnared a wonderful front spot underneath Danny their current bass player.

It was an incredible night.

I know, FUKK THE ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME! I still can't believe this Soft White Underbelly hasn't slithered it's way into that piece of shit place.

I hate Rolling Stone Magazine. Sometimes I get a free subscription for buying concert tickets on Ticket Bastard.

I shred that ultra liberal hipster millennial shit show magazine.

Sometimes I use Rolling Stone Magazine to start a nice romantic bonfire in my backyard while I make love to my girlfriend.

So HOT! LOL!

BLUE OYSTER CULT RULES!

Buck and Bloom! LEGENDS!!!!

They played the next night up in Vacaville which is about an hour from my house and I didn't go. FUKK!

They played five different songs.

One of them was "I Love The Night!"

I WAS SO PISSED!

But you can't do it all!

Believe me I have tried!

I have no tattoos on my body. I have always thought about getting a RUSH tat.

Fukk I really might become a "Tattooed Vampire" instead.

They played that song last night too. UGH!

Going to get the first album cover tattooed on my back.

KISS, New York Dolls, BOC, so many other great bands out of New York. Some of you jack off to Dream Theater too. Seeing them on Sunday. Wild.

BUT!

BLUE OYSTER CULT IS THE GREATEST BAND OUT OF NEW YORK CITY EVER!!!!!!!

If you don't agree, then cool!!!!

E.T.I. BITCHES!!!

EARL TORCHES IGNORANCE!

LOL!!!

• Like 5

You fools!

Lick my WHITE UNDERBELLY!!!!

I'll follow BOC until I die! Fuckk the Rock And Roll Hall Of Shame!

I'm a hypocrite because I was there in LA for the Rush induction.

Hung out with Jack Blades from Night Ranger. Jack thinks I'm the biggest Rush fan on the fukking planet.

HellI know Brad Gillis.

Some are blessed, some are cursed. I'm both but I love it all!!

It's all good!

I'm just a "Shooting Shark" on this public forum. How long will 73 keep this forum in existence?

You fools have no idea about music.

No band will ever touch RUSH but BLUE OYSTER CULT is right there baby!

Sad some of you will argue

Sad some of you will just ignore me.

I mean I'm glad! LOL!!!

"Take Me Away" 73!

Signed.

"Dancing In The Ruins"

• Like 3

I saw them in NYC for their 40th anniversary concert. The original band played three songs to close the night! It was amazing, but I was shocked at how few were in attendance. I think the venue was the House of Blues. Definitely in Manhattan. And there probably wasn't even 200 people there. I walked up to the ticket both, thinking it was probably sold out, because NYC! Blue Oyster Cult! All five original members back together for the first time in many years! I ended up with a fifth row ticket a mere 30 minutes before the concert was scheduled to start. That's not because that ticket was just released, it's just that the concert was that badly undersold. Still amazes me. In their own hometown!
  • Like 4

I like Blue Oyster Cult. I haven't, and don't listen to them too much, though. I haven't seen them in concert in person. To name two bands, and groups, I think they are similar to Deep Purple, and Black Sabbath.
  • Like 2

I like Blue Oyster Cult. I haven't, and don't listen to them too much, though. I haven't seen them in concert in person. To name two bands, and groups, I think they are similar to Deep Purple, and Black Sabbath.

They aren't very similar to either of those bands. I don't think any of those 3 bands sound alike at all. They each have their own distinct sound.
  • Like 3

I saw them play one of my band's regular clubs in Utah in '96. Less than 200 people in a 600 capacity club. To make it worse, the owner put the Jazz playoff game on a big screen off to the left of the stage. Briefly met them all afterward.

That was the last time I saw anyone use a Steinberger onstage.

• Like 3

BÖC rule!!!

Fantastic guitar work from Mr. Buck Dharma...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKa6MEdV_2c

Holy Fire Of Unknown Origin Grey! I LOVE THIS ALBUM!!!! I have the limited cd pressing and the reissue! EPIC!

I need to get off my Blue Oyster Crack Rock buddy.

I'm overdosing man.

I just had to write about "Mirrors."

The record is so incredible.

This band is easily in my TOP TEN!

Love you buddy!

You and I have incredible taste in tunes!!!

I might just have "O.D.d On Life Itself!" LOL!!!!!!

• Like 3

I saw them play one of my band's regular clubs in Utah in '96. Less than 200 people in a 600 capacity club. To make it worse, the owner put the Jazz playoff game on a big screen off to the left of the stage. Briefly met them all afterward.

That was the last time I saw anyone use a Steinberger onstage.

Incredible!!!! I know BOC went through a lull. I saw them 5 miles from my house in front of 100 people.

They were sooooooooo incredible.

Met them after too. First class gentlemen.

I think I have to put BOC in my top 5.

• Like 2

They aren't very similar to either of those bands. I don't think any of those 3 bands sound alike at all. They each have their own distinct sound.

I totally agree and I know BOC went more commercial with "I'm Burning For You" and "Shooting Shark" and "Dancin' in The Ruins" but I LOVE THOSE ALBUMS TOO!!

BOC is above Sabbath and Purple for my ears. Of course I love all three bands.

I would never compare BOC to RUSH but it's quite obvious BOC was just like RUSH in the fact that they tried to write albums that went along with the current sign o the times.

Geniuses.

The haunting "Veteran Of The Psychic Wars" echoing though the landscape of the "Heavy Metal" film. EPIC MOVIE! EPIC BAND!

• Like 2

You must explore Derek.

• Like 1

Very cool Earl, congrats!

I saw them on the "Spectres" tour and have been a fan ever since.

Thank you my brother and NO F'ing WAY!!!

You saw that tour?? I could cry!

I was always a late bloomer in life but as I sit here and type the hype I have no regrets in life.

I am sooooo pissed off! I should have driven up to Vacaville on Sunday.

They played "I Love The Night."

UGH!!!

• Like 2

I saw them in NYC for their 40th anniversary concert. The original band played three songs to close the night! It was amazing, but I was shocked at how few were in attendance. I think the venue was the House of Blues. Definitely in Manhattan. And there probably wasn't even 200 people there. I walked up to the ticket both, thinking it was probably sold out, because NYC! Blue Oyster Cult! All five original members back together for the first time in many years! I ended up with a fifth row ticket a mere 30 minutes before the concert was scheduled to start. That's not because that ticket was just released, it's just that the concert was that badly undersold. Still amazes me. In their own hometown!

Unholy Unknown Origin Fire CW!!!!

The old Earl would have flown back to NYC for that show if I was aware of it.

I know! I was just saying how this legendary band hit a lull.

Wow!

All five original members.

Yes, If I had known about that gig I would have flown there. Yup! I am crazy. But crazy for ROCK AND ROLL!!!

Great story! Thank you for sharing.

I have a serious BOC obsession going on right now.

I'm the "Sole Survivor" cursed with second sight.

This band.

BLOOM AND BUCK!!! Keep it going guys! They have great musicians in the band today!

• Like 3

They played five different songs.

One of them was "I Love The Night!"

That's my favorite BOC song. I'd love to hear it if I ever go to one of their shows.

Definitely a great band.

Oh my! I'm being a broken record tonight! Reading everyone's responses in reverse!

OMG! I hear ya buddy. I'm so bummed I missed this song on Sunday.

I should have gone!

Kills me.

• Like 2

BLOOM AND BUCK!!! Keep it going guys! They have great musicians in the band today!

They really do. Richie Castellano is a phenomenal player. Hearing him trade guitar solos with Buck Dharma is thrilling.

• Like 2

Mithrandir, For sound wise, I didn't mostly mean that, and from what I've listened to, wasn't referring to that. In the same category, and how the three of them are categorized, I meant by that.

• Like 3

You must explore Derek.

Earl, When I have more free time, I might listen to more of Blue Oyster Cult's music. With possibly, and maybe, if it wasn't a joke, of getting a tattoo of Blue Oyster Cult's ancient symbol logo on one arm, and Rush's starman logo on the other arm, I would advise against of doing that.

Edited by Derek19
  • Like 1

Mithrandir, For sound wise, I didn't mostly mean that, and from what I've listened to, wasn't referring to that. In the same category, and how the three of them are categorized, I meant by that.

:goodone: Agreed...they definitely share much of the same fan base.
  • Like 3

If you look up "tasty lick" in the dictionary, there should be a picture of Buck. He's got more of them to his name than just about any other guitarist. He was one of my first guitar idols (from back in the "Fire of Unknown Origin" days) and still is to this day.
  • Like 2

BOC is my fave US band. I've seen them tons of times & have everything they've done. The Columbia albums collection is the best box set I have.

I saw them about 3 weeks ago in Manchester. Club holds 2600 & it was close to sold out. I think England likes them more than the US does. They've always been a big deal over here.

They did I Love The Night in that set. It was absolutely beautiful. They opened with Transmaniacon MC & Before The Kiss. Incredible. The Vigil, ETI & Black Blade were highlights.

• Like 4

Wasn't that the night the subway flooded & the city had blackouts?