Unsung, criminally underrated, virtually unknown but brilliant drummers, who are they?

treeduck

Danny Seraphine from Chicago. Just listen to Chicago debut.

Incredibly overlooked drummer.

When they were CTA? That's the best album they ever did. Never noticed the drumming on it though. I'll have to listen to it later and pay attention to it.

• Like 1

Danny Seraphine from Chicago. Just listen to Chicago debut.

Incredibly overlooked drummer.

Terry gets a lot of credit as the stand out musician in the band...he deserves every compliment he gets, but it takes a killer rhythm section for a killer lead to shine. Danny and Peter are among the more under appreciated drummers and bassists out there, and let’s not forget Robert’s keys, and that perfect horn section. Chicago gets so little love because of their big radio ready hits, but one listen through almost anything they did in the 70s (especially I, II, V, and VII) will show they were one of the tightest and most boundary pushing groups around. Best band from the state of Illinois? Very possible....I’m quite partial to Styx, but Chicago’s probably more deserving.

• Like 1

Kenny Aronoff

Especially on Crumbling Down. My mom saw Mellencamp in concert in early 88 for his Lonesome Jubilee tour.

Chad Gracey

Greg Eklund

Back when Everclear was great before it just became an in name only band of musicians with Art Alexakis. Montoya is an underrated bassist as well.

Edited by invisible airwave
  • Like 1

Earl

Earl? Unknown? Are you serious!

Hahahaha!! Lorraine and Jonny I love you both very much!!

At 51 finally getting some music together. A four track cd and a music video coming soon!

I don't like to promote my own stuff because I've seen a lot of no name drummers on here do it.

If I do anything I will do it for free. It's not about the money or the exposure. It's about having fun and finally living the dream of recording and hopefully gigging soon!

The music is not prog or dinosaur rock. It's actually modern and has a nice polished edge to it.

Hoping to do the music video shoot this week.

Of course I'm be wearing a Hemispheres shirt in the video!

RUSH ON FRIENDS!

I just wore my Hemispheres shirt to my Dr. Appt. yesterday! Wanna see your playing!

t1Qf8U0.gif

• Like 1

Kenny Aronoff

Oh hell yes.

John's drummer back in the day. One of the greatest snare sounds ever recorded. "Scarecrow" is a BEAST!

Did you know that Kenny is playing drums on the fourth Cinderella album "Still Climbing?"

Killer!!

• Like 2

Come on Pat!! This is an easy thread! I could list many!

JOS ZOOMER!!! VANDENBERG!!!!! Nice rotos baby!

https://video.search...a1&action=click

Right hand to God, I almost posted him before I decided to be a wise @ss.

Hahaha! Great minds think alike!

Zoomer Rules!

Funny quick story.

I was commuting to work on the 580 freeway and my iPhone was on shuffle.

"Alibi" randomly came on my car stereo.

Next thing I know I am behind some car with a new black and yellow lettered California license plate.

I swear to you I would never lie on here. The license plate was ZOOMER.

• Like 1

Kenny Aronoff

Oh hell yes.

John's drummer back in the day. One of the greatest snare sounds ever recorded. "Scarecrow" is a BEAST!

Did you know that Kenny is playing drums on the fourth Cinderella album "Still Climbing?"

Killer!!

He played for Smashing Pumpkins at John Poppers HORDE festival when Adore came out.

Tommy Taylor, pop-rock drummer who's performed with Christopher Cross and Eric Johnson.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mrSKJ9jq1c

Martin Deller of the Canadian progressive-rock band FM.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYUyTIWVjp4

The late Hal Blaine that I posted the recent tribute to in another thread here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSDDzOWxkWs

Edited by RushFanForever

Liberty Devitto, Billy Joel's drummer, is one you rarely hear about. I really like his stuff.

You saw "Hired Gun", right?

No, I still haven't.