Keith Flint has died

Fordgalaxy

That's one way of getting out of this place...

m5CLKki.gif

Grow up.

• Like 2

That's one way of getting out of this place...

m5CLKki.gif

Grow up.

I'm almost 61. That old enough for ya Segue? lol.

• Like 1

Very sad news. The Prodigy always stood out to me, along with Altern8 but more so.

Saw them at Knebworth in 1996 - best band performing, Oasis had their work cut out. Mr Flint apparently made a statement that when the time was right, he would kill himself. :rose:

Very sad news. The Prodigy always stood out to me, along with Altern8 but more so.

Saw them at Knebworth in 1996 - best band performing, Oasis had their work cut out. Mr Flint apparently made a statement that when the time was right, he would kill himself. :rose:

Always awful news to hear that someone gave up. A decision that cannot be reversed. RIP. :rose:

Makes me both sad and angry at the same time.

Edited by librarian
  • Like 2

...but it is always sad when someone chooses to end their life.

:rose:

Sad and frustrating, usually because they leave people behind who had little or no idea they were in that much turmoil.

• Like 3

Back in the late 90s, I listened to The Chemical Brothers and Prodigy. I remember going out to buy 'Fat of the Land'. He will be missed.
  • Like 2

I'm Sorry for being a little 'flip' about my response. This kind of thing just frustrates the HELL out of me. Just 'giving up' like this angers me. RIP to This Gentleman.

37uog3w.gif

• Like 1

Also, someone here told me if you haven't grown up by the time your 55, YOU DON'T HAVE TO!

0DD52Py.gifqZ2cAX3.gif

• Like 3

Never was a big fan, but The Fat Of The Land was huge here in 1997/98. Every club and even the waterholes played Firestarter.

R.I.P. :rose:

• Like 1

Back in the late 90s, I listened to The Chemical Brothers and Prodigy. I remember going out to buy 'Fat of the Land'. He will be missed.

ChemBros were great.
  • Like 1

I'm Sorry for being a little 'flip' about my response. This kind of thing just frustrates the HELL out of me. Just 'giving up' like this angers me. RIP to This Gentleman.

37uog3w.gif

It's not always about just giving up. A lot of people who commit suicide have had mental issues for years which they can't overcome. Look at the suicides of Robin Williams, Chris Cornell and Chester Bennington. There was a lot going on beneath the surface with these people that even those closest to them didn't know everything about.

• Like 6

37uog3w.gif

It's not always about just giving up. A lot of people who commit suicide have had mental issues for years which they can't overcome. Look at the suicides of Robin Williams, Chris Cornell and Chester Bennington. There was a lot going on beneath the surface with these people that even those closest to them didn't know everything about.

Exactly. People just don't give up. The mental state of being in a serious depression is not like being in a normal state of mind, hence they truly believe that they and others would be better off not living anymore.
  • Like 4

Yeah, I didn't realize these guys were still around. I tried to search for them a while back and I guess there is a "Prodigy" and "The Prodigy" which are two different bands.
  • Like 1

37uog3w.gif

Exactly. People just don't give up. The mental state of being in a serious depression is not like being in a normal state of mind, hence they truly believe that they and others would be better off not living anymore.

Add to emotional strain the actually physical pain that many endure, and the choice becomes more understandable.

There, but for the grace of God...