"The Verdict" Is IN! The New Queensryche Album Will Kick Your Prog Arse! No Scott Rockenfield? WTF!

RUSHHEAD666

Listening to the new Ryche Record. Yup! I still buy cds! As a matter of fact Japan has a limited edition pressing with a bonus cd!!!

Praise the Universe for Japan and Europe for still pressing compact discs!

I could care less if the USA and all of the mundane millennials who now run our country don't press the compact disc.

Continue to listen to your compressed crap on Apple Music and Ipoons.

We audiophiles will always have our high end systems with 5 cd disc changers.

Anyway,

The new Queensryche album is AWESOME!

But there is no drummer in the credits.

Now I saw The Ryche last summer with the Scorpions and it was NOT Scott on the kit. I was very bummed.

I don't know what is wrong with Scott. I could look it up on the internet but I'm not "In The Mood."

If you guys and dolls still like old school polished prog in 2019 then I highly recommend this album.

Seeing Ryche with Fate's Warning at the end of the month in SF at Slim's.

Can't fukking wait!

PROG ON!

• Like 1

Listening to the new Ryche Record. Yup! I still buy cds! As a matter of fact Japan has a limited edition pressing with a bonus cd!!!

I could care less if the USA and all of the mundane millennials who now run our country don't press the compact disc.

Anyway,

Now I saw The Ryche last summer with the Scorpions and it was NOT Scott on the kit. I was very bummed.

I don't know what is wrong with Scott. I could look it up on the internet but I'm not "In The Mood."

If you guys and dolls still like old school polished prog in 2019 then I highly recommend this album.

Can't fukking wait!

PROG ON!

The singer is playing the drums now, I wonder if Tate will come back and take over the kit and try and spit at his replacement? And will he say hey well if it's good enough for Portnoy...?

• Like 2

Anyway,

Can't fukking wait!

PROG ON!

The singer is playing the drums now, I wonder if Tate will come back and take over the kit and try and spit at his replacement? And will he say hey well if it's good enough for Portnoy...?

Holy Shit Pat! Todd is playing the drums in the studio??? I am blown away! Anything is possible in the world of music then! Todd gives me hope! Todd comes into the band and takes over "Taint's" vocals and then does the duty on the drum kit because Scott can't play anymore??

It saddens me yet excites me! "The Verdict" is a great record after only one listen!!!

Some year I'm going to play the drums with Geddy!

I have a wonderful connection. Something I will never share on here.

RYCHE ON!

• Like 1

Anyway,

Can't fukking wait!

PROG ON!

Holy Shit Pat! Todd is playing the drums in the studio??? I am blown away! Anything is possible in the world of music then! Todd gives me hope! Todd comes into the band and takes over "Taint's" vocals and then does the duty on the drum kit because Scott can't play anymore??

It saddens me yet excites me! "The Verdict" is a great record after only one listen!!!

RYCHE ON!

Todd may end up taking over every instrument in the band before long. He'll have to rename the band Todd'sryche!

• Like 1

I've been buying c.ds, and downloading songs for, and to put together my own c.ds. I haven't been buying albums anymore. I've liked Queensryche a lot. I have their c.ds up to "Dedicated to Chaos". When there were two formations of the band, and group, with "Geoff Tate" being the lead singer in the other, which is called "Operation: Mindcrime" because of what was happening between him, and the other original members in the other band, and group formation. After that, I didn't buy the other releases including Geoff Tate's band, and group "Operation: Mindcrime" because of what happened between him, and the other original members. The band, and group may not've been the same. Scott Rockenfield, had a young son, and went to spend time, with him. Nothing is known at whether, or not he will, and is planning to return. Edited by Derek19
  • Like 1

Anyway,

Can't fukking wait!

PROG ON!

RYCHE ON!

Todd may end up taking over every instrument in the band before long. He'll have to rename the band Todd'sryche!

HAHAHAHA!!!

Pat you are killing me!

Even with my own band project with my 21 year old nephew. He wrote everything. He plays guitar, bass, keys and sings and I laid down the drum tracks in the studio.

Certain humans can do it all or at least most of it

"I'm just a drummer in a rock and roll band." LOL!

Love,

Roger Taylor

That's a deep one boys and girls. Do you get me?

• Like 1

I've been buying c.ds, and downloading songs for, and to put together my own c.ds. I haven't been buying albums anymore. I've liked Queensryche a lot. I have their c.ds up to "Dedicated to Chaos". When there were two formations of the band, and group, with "Geoff Tate" being the lead singer in the other, which is called "Operation: Mindcrime" because of what was happening between him, and the other original members in the other band, and group formation. After that, I didn't buy the other releases including Geoff Tate's band, and group "Operation: Mindcrime" because of what happened between him, and the other original members. The band, and group may not've been the same. Scott Rockenfield, had a young son, and went to spend time, with him. Nothing is known at whether, or not he will, and is planning to return.

Wow Derek! Great post! Again, you are a breath of fresh air around here! Love your honesty and integrity as a guy who loves music like most on here! But you are totally chill and smart about it like most of my awesome Rush Forum Posse. LOL!

I'm glad Scott is healthy then and decided to be a family guy. Nothing wrong with that. He must have Neil Peart Syndrome. NPS

I'm hoping Neil retired not just because of his broken down body that he could spend more quality time with Carrie and Olivia. I hope Mr. Red Apples isn't just focused on motorcycles.

I don't read all the social media shite but my buddy who is an amazing source of Rush Truth told me that Neil is teaching Olivia how to play the drums.

Now years ago I was on here just kidding that Geddy, Alex and Olivia were going to make a record together.

Hell, I'm in a three piece band with two 21 year olds and I'm fuckking 51 going on 21.12.

It's all good. Age is all bullshit.

It's diet, drive, passion, genetics and living the DREAM!

RUSH ON!!!!

• Like 1

Earl you need to buy the new Rock Goddess album. It's a cracker. Great songs, tight playing & arrangements plus the fact that Jody's vocals are still incredible.

Get it now!

Holy Shit! I have some Rock Goddess!

I will do it brother! Miss you!!!!

IN ROCK WE TRUST JONNY!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Here's my review of the new Queensryche:

https://www.sonicperspectives.com/album-reviews/queensryche-the-verdict/

Todd La Torre aas actually a drummer before he learned how to sing. He does an amazing job on the drums in the new album, and uses some of Scott Rockenfield's classic moves.

This ad for the album quotes my review at the 20 second mark:

All I need now is that quote on a sticker in the CD package, and I'm set!

• Like 1

Here's my review of the new Queensryche:

https://www.sonicper...he-the-verdict/

Todd La Torre aas actually a drummer before he learned how to sing. He does an amazing job on the drums in the new album, and uses some of Scott Rockenfield's classic moves.

This ad for the album quotes my review at the 20 second mark: http://youtu.be/-iySe1HWkz4

All I need now is that quote on a sticker in the CD package, and I'm set!

Holy Sugar my brother! You are up at 6:15 am your time!

I'm about ready to hit the hay!!

Incredible! Todd is AWESOME!

Funny how I just saw Neal Schon's Journey Through Time and Deen on the drums just nailed it all. Vocally and of course all of the Dunbar and Smith drum parts.

Why not just have Todd play the drums and sing too?????

I miss Scott so much but hey as Frank Sinatra and David Lee Roth once sang......

"That's Life!"

Cheers Rod!!!

Hope you are well!

RUSH ON!

• Like 1

Anyway,

Can't fukking wait!

PROG ON!

RYCHE ON!

HAHAHAHA!!!

Pat you are killing me!

Even with my own band project with my 21 year old nephew. He wrote everything. He plays guitar, bass, keys and sings and I laid down the drum tracks in the studio.

Love,

Roger Taylor

I don't see you as a drummer Earl I see you as lead vocalist and frontman like Bon Scott!

I'm off to a serious "Dreamline."

Thank you, and you're welcome, Earl. I could've put in detail some more of what happened between Geoff, Michael, Eddie, and Scott, but there were a couple, or few things going on, and happening in, and with the band, and group. Taking another Rush song title of theirs, I hope you had "Middletown Dreams".

Edited by Derek19

Anyway,

Can't fukking wait!

PROG ON!

RYCHE ON!

HAHAHAHA!!!

Pat you are killing me!

Love,

Roger Taylor

You're such a Queen... :D

My hometown boys. What's left of them.

Gonna have to check it out.

• Like 1

First night of the new tour, and they played only 13 songs...half the set was of songs from Latorre's albums.

Are they touring with a another headliner?

Fates Warning is the opening act, and their set lasted 45 minutes.

First night of the new tour, and they played only 13 songs...half the set was of songs from Latorre's albums.

Are they touring with a another headliner?

Fates Warning is the opening act, and their set lasted 45 minutes.

Unless there's some other issues we don't know about Queensryche is just being flat out lazy then. I hate when the headliner gives the bare minimum when it comes to set length. Who do they think they are? Anthrax? Lol.

What if a RUSH from an alternate universe was catapulted into this one? A RUSH from 1975 that hated synths and was determined to bring the HEAVY GUITARS forevermore to make up for our RUSH turning new wave???

I'm off to a serious "Dreamline."

Thank you, and you're welcome, Earl. I could've put in detail some more of what happened between Geoff, Michael, Eddie, and Scott, but there were a couple, or few things going on, and happening in, and with the band, and group. Taking another Rush song title of theirs, I hope you had "Middletown Dreams".

Bon Scott!

I dig Fates Warning but I always considered then a Ryche Ripoff Regime. Alas it will be a great show!

Man, how can a drummer like you not recognize how awesome Mark Zonder is...Fates is VERY far from a QR ripoff.