New Rush book documenting their tours is coming in October!

blueschica

Apparently a new book documenting all of Rush's tours is coming in October- just in time for Christmas!?! It looks very interesting, but I'm not sure about this title- did they really think Rush fans wouldn't notice the borrow of the Moody Blues lyric? :LOL: (Thank you Danforth & Pape for the heads up!)

6Ch2v8il.jpg

From Amazon:

Alex Lifeson, Geddy Lee, and Neil Peart performed together for the first time to an audience of 11,000 people in 1974. Forty years later, their last tour sold over 442,000 tickets. This is the story of everything in between. This is the story of Rush.

Fondly known as the Holy Triumvirate, Rush is one of the top bands to shine through rock-and-roll history. Wandering the Face of the Earth covers Rush’s storied touring career, from their humble beginnings as a Toronto-area bar band playing middle school gymnasiums to their rise as one of the world’s most sought-after live acts, selling out massive arenas around the globe. This book includes every setlist, every opening act, and every noteworthy moment meticulously researched and vetted by the band themselves. This is THE must-have tour compendium for Rush fans.

https://www.amazon.c...sr=8-1-fkmrnull

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 8

Rush found out they were only immortal for a limited time.

This is a book I'd really like to read, but I will wait until I can get a used one at a much lower price. I'm sure it's worth $50 but, unless I hit the LOTTO, I can't justify spending that amount of money at the present time.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 5

Maybe we'll get a definitive answer as to if they ever played Lamneth (or at least portions of it) during the COS headlining shows.
  • Like 2

I will be spending my hard-earned money to get a copy. :haz: :haz: :haz:
  • Like 2

I’ll have it on release day! I wonder how (or if) the Backstage Club will market this?

I was wondering that, too! If there will be any special packaging of it, or promo items?

• Like 1

Hopefully these guys are better than the losers that wrote Visons and Mereley Players.

The Mereley Players contingent managed a cameo in the last Popoff book. Finally had someone who would listen to them I guess. They kept to the script as you would expect.

I’ll have it on release day! I wonder how (or if) the Backstage Club will market this?

I was wondering that, too! If there will be any special packaging of it, or promo items?

Hope so.

I've been waiting for something like this for a long time although the timing makes sense now.

I really don't want to buy this through Amazon so hopefully the authors will have it.

• Like 1

I dunno, I’m not sure I need to know everything that happened at every Rush show ever performed. This seems more like it would be fun as a reference for a bunch of people to be able to look up shows they saw or wanted to see but missed and want to remember or see how much they can recall first-hand of the info there. Otherwise it strikes me as being one step away from Grateful Dead level cultism, which is a little too far for me, unless it’s more about the ridiculous stories of life on the road, which would be much better. That’s one thing about Neil’s books that could be more fantastical if he were less shy and to himself all the time. Like the crazy stuff the guys in KISS put in their autobiographies (including Alex’s alter-ego “The Bag”).

The book might be a great one to own from, and by buying. If there will be a paperback copy on trade, or mass market paperbound, and or both, then I would buy to own it. "Permanent Waves", was recorded on, and in Sept.-Oct. 1979, and released on, and in Jan. 1980. Edited by Derek19
  • Like 1

I dunno, I’m not sure I need to know everything that happened at every Rush show ever performed. This seems more like it would be fun as a reference for a bunch of people to be able to look up shows they saw or wanted to see but missed and want to remember or see how much they can recall first-hand of the info there. Otherwise it strikes me as being one step away from Grateful Dead level cultism, which is a little too far for me, unless it’s more about the ridiculous stories of life on the road, which would be much better. That’s one thing about Neil’s books that could be more fantastical if he were less shy and to himself all the time. Like the crazy stuff the guys in KISS put in their autobiographies (including Alex’s alter-ego “The Bag”).

For me, I wouldn't mind Grateful Dead level at all although I never hopped a plane or driven more than 5 hours to see them.

The book might be a great one to own from, and by buying. If there will be a paperback copy on trade, or mass market paperbound, and or both, then I would buy to own it. "Permanent Waves", was recorded on, and in Sept.-Oct. 1979, and released on, and in Jan. 1980.

A version available in the Apple bookstore would be great so I can read it on my iPad. They did a great job on Geddy’s Book of Bass.

• Like 3