Fly by Night or Closer to the Heart?

Texas King

Fly by Night or Closer to the Heart?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Fly by Night or Closer to the Heart

• Fly by Night
    • Closer to the Heart

It has to be Fly By Night which is the more heavy metal of the two, with lyrics about flying around with an owl like Superman!

Closer to the Heart is great too though.

Both these tracks seem to be scorned by the elitist proghead RUSH freaks, and the pansy boy synth-era crowd, Metalheads however love these tracks.

• Like 2

I voted from the perspective of a ploughman, and the lyrics seem a bit too much like drummersplaining for my taste. And at a time when Peart was ostensibly a libertarian. SMDH.

I voted from the perspective of a ploughman, and the lyrics seem a bit too much like drummersplaining for my taste. And at a time when Peart was ostensibly a libertarian. SMDH.

He wrote the lyrics with someone else, though, which I'm sure you know. Anyway, I voted for 'Closer to the Heart.' I've always loved it and it's from my favorite Rush album. 'Fly By Night' is great, too, of course. Too bad I never got to hear that one live. My first Rush tour was R30. When was it last a regular part of a tour's set list?

• Like 1

I love them both, but Fly By Night was the first rush song I ever heard, and it's what got me interested in the band. :heart: :heart: Good times, seems like not very long ago.

It was the very first Rush song I ever heard too. I seem to remember it coming out at the same time as the song "Dream Weaver."

• Like 1

He wrote the lyrics with someone else, though, which I'm sure you know. Anyway, I voted for 'Closer to the Heart.' I've always loved it and it's from my favorite Rush album. 'Fly By Night' is great, too, of course. Too bad I never got to hear that one live. My first Rush tour was R30. When was it last a regular part of a tour's set list?

ClashWho, Rush, weren't performing the song "Fly By Night" in concert, since 1978.

In answer to the question, I'm not able to because both songs are very good choices to choose from. "Fly By Night", is, and was from their first c.d., and album, with Neil Peart, and "Closer to the Heart", is, and was one of their breakthrough hits.

Edited by Derek19

It is indeed resurrection day ......

I love both songs but Fly By Night was very important to me in my early listening days of Rush.

Edited by zepphead