Aerosmith: The 70's era albums, which is your favourite?

treeduck

Aerosmith: The 70's era albums, which is your favourite?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Which 70's era Aerosmith album do you like the most?

• Aerosmith
    • Get Your Wings
    • Toys in the Attic
    • Rocks
    • Draw the Line
    • Night in the Ruts

Rocks. It's darker, heavier, and has more solos from Brad Whitford. Plus, half the songs from Toys are overplayed.

This except I never get tired of the hits on Toys.

• Like 2

Rocks. It's darker, heavier, and has more solos from Brad Whitford. Plus, half the songs from Toys are overplayed.

You can’t overplay songs of that quality.

You can overplay any song, I think. Even the good ones. Sweet Emotion and Walk This Way -- they're quality songs for sure, but I've heard them enough. I just listened to that whole album a few hours ago and I skipped over those two, along with Big Ten Inch Record.

The title track, Round And Round and Adam's Apple, now that's more like it.

• Like 2

Yeah but "overplayed" only affects you if you allow it, and I don't.

Right, when you're in control of what you're listening to, like when you're playing your CDs or playlists. But songs like Walk This Way and Sweet Emotion aren't just songs off the album, they're part of pop culture, and you'll find them popping up in movie soundtracks and TV commercials and being remade by Run-DMC, and all of a sudden they're everywhere.

• Like 2

You can’t overplay songs of that quality.

You can overplay any song, I think. Even the good ones. Sweet Emotion and Walk This Way -- they're quality songs for sure, but I've heard them enough. I just listened to that whole album a few hours ago and I skipped over those two, along with Big Ten Inch Record.

The title track, Round And Round and Adam's Apple, now that's more like it.

Those are great too. But songs get intensive airplay for a simple reason, a lot of people want to hear them. Sometimes that’s because a song is hot. But you don’t hear Gangnam Style anymore. Sweet Emotion is, what, 40+ years old? You hear it now because it’s great.

• Like 1

Right, when you're in control of what you're listening to, like when you're playing your CDs or playlists. But songs like Walk This Way and Sweet Emotion aren't just songs off the album, they're part of pop culture, and you'll find them popping up in movie soundtracks and TV commercials and being remade by Run-DMC, and all of a sudden they're everywhere.

That's true, but in my case I never listen to a song in a film or TV show the way I usually listen to them. It's difficult to explain, it's just different, It's a mind thing that I've learned to do maybe or I just do by accident. Anyway this kind of thing rarely spoils songs for me. If I do get sick of something though I just give it a rest for a few years or a decade and that seems to cure it.

• Like 3

Once I stopped listening to the radio regularly about 10-15 years ago, my appreciation for the overplayed stuff was renewed. As great as a song might be, hearing it multiple times a week for many years can get boring. For a while there I used to skip Tom Sawyer when listening to MP. That's how tired I got of hearing it so much.
  • Like 2

Once I stopped listening to the radio regularly about 10-15 years ago, my appreciation for the overplayed stuff was renewed. As great as a song might be, hearing it multiple times a week for many years can get boring. For a while there I used to skip Tom Sawyer when listening to MP. That's how tired I got of hearing it so much.

That's why when I hear TS on the radio I say "Ha! they hardly always play this song!" but I will still reach for the volume & up it goes :LOL:

P.S.

TS is just about the only :rush: song they do play on the radio down here. Every now & then the throw TSOR in but that is rare.

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory

Unfortunately, this poll is limited to the 70s so classics like "Angel", "Janie's Got a Gun" and "I Don't Wanna Miss a Thing" are excluded, but if forced to choose, I'll reluctantly choose "Toys" in a squeaker.
  • Like 1

That's true, but in my case I never listen to a song in a film or TV show the way I usually listen to them. It's difficult to explain, it's just different, It's a mind thing that I've learned to do maybe or I just do by accident. Anyway this kind of thing rarely spoils songs for me. If I do get sick of something though I just give it a rest for a few years or a decade and that seems to cure it.

I am the same.

Thats why I never tire of Don't Stop Believing or Dust In The Wind.