Aerosmith: The 70's era albums, which is your favourite?

treeduck

Aerosmith: The 70's era albums, which is your favourite?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Which 70's era Aerosmith album do you like the most?

• Aerosmith
    • Get Your Wings
    • Toys in the Attic
    • Rocks
    • Draw the Line
    • Night in the Ruts

The first song I thought of was Same Old Song And Dance. The slide guitar and how the song swings is awesome. That, and Seasons Of Wither. I'd cherry pick a couple of lesser played songs from Toys. Uncle Salty...
  • Like 4

The first song I thought of was Same Old Song And Dance. The slide guitar and how the song swings is awesome. That, and Seasons Of Wither. I'd cherry pick a couple of lesser played songs from Toys. Uncle Salty...

Uncle Salty easily makes my Aerosmith top ten, heck, maybe top 5.

• Like 4

No More No More.. is my favorite on Toys.

It’s got one of my fav opening lines.

“Blood stains the ivories on my daddy’s baby grand;

I ain’t seen the daylight since the start of this band!”

• Like 2

Toss up b/t Rocks and Get Your Wings; two of my all-time favorites by anyone. Went with Rocks this time. Love Toys too of course. Spaced, Seasons of Wither, Uncle Salty, Sweet Emotion, Combination, Lick and a Promise. An amazing three album run.
  • Like 2

Rocks. It's darker, heavier, and has more solos from Brad Whitford. Plus, half the songs from Toys are overplayed.

Yeah but "overplayed" only affects you if you allow it, and I don't.

Right, when you're in control of what you're listening to, like when you're playing your CDs or playlists. But songs like Walk This Way and Sweet Emotion aren't just songs off the album, they're part of pop culture, and you'll find them popping up in movie soundtracks and TV commercials and being remade by Run-DMC, and all of a sudden they're everywhere.

That's true, but in my case I never listen to a song in a film or TV show the way I usually listen to them. It's difficult to explain, it's just different, It's a mind thing that I've learned to do maybe or I just do by accident. Anyway this kind of thing rarely spoils songs for me. If I do get sick of something though I just give it a rest for a few years or a decade and that seems to cure it.

I am the same.

Thats why I never tire of Don't Stop Believing or Dust In The Wind.

Another thing a lot of people do which doesn't help is when they get an album they play it to death, and then complain later that it's played out.

Uncle Salty easily makes my Aerosmith top ten, heck, maybe top 5.

Makes me think of playing it in my Dodge Dart back then. Windows down. It's a sunny day outside my window...

• Like 4

What a great run of albums! Aerosmith in their heyday were one of the greatest rock bands ever! Rocks is one of my favourite albums ever - not just Aerosmith Edited by Syrinx
  • Like 3

By the way "Night in the Ruts" is a phenomenal record!

A close third for me to "Toys in the Attic" & "Rocks".

Just sayin'

;)

Right in the Nuts, I mean Night in the Ruts is undeservedly underrated. It's excellent from start to finish.

• Like 2

Rocks. It's darker, heavier, and has more solos from Brad Whitford. Plus, half the songs from Toys are overplayed.

Yeah but "overplayed" only affects you if you allow it, and I don't.

Right, when you're in control of what you're listening to, like when you're playing your CDs or playlists. But songs like Walk This Way and Sweet Emotion aren't just songs off the album, they're part of pop culture, and you'll find them popping up in movie soundtracks and TV commercials and being remade by Run-DMC, and all of a sudden they're everywhere.

That's true, but in my case I never listen to a song in a film or TV show the way I usually listen to them. It's difficult to explain, it's just different, It's a mind thing that I've learned to do maybe or I just do by accident. Anyway this kind of thing rarely spoils songs for me. If I do get sick of something though I just give it a rest for a few years or a decade and that seems to cure it.

I am the same.

Thats why I never tire of Don't Stop Believing or Dust In The Wind.

Another thing a lot of people do which doesn't help is when they get an album they play it to death, and then complain later that it's played out.

I feel like this about Opeth and to an extent Mastodon.

When I hear them now I am like YAAAAWN but there is a reason why for about four years I played almost nothing else, so whose fault is that?!

• Like 1

Your opinion, I LOVE 'Toys'! and while Nobody's Fault is my favorite Aerosmith tune, Testament did it on their second album. pretty good version, too! More HARD of course...The day I bought Metallica, "Master Of Puppets" and Megadeth "Peace Sells" I picked Testament to be my third purchase of Thrash Metal...

MhAtB9Y.jpg

• Like 1

By the way "Night in the Ruts" is a phenomenal record!

A close third for me to "Toys in the Attic" & "Rocks".

Just sayin'

;)

Actually, I also love Rock in a Hard Place and Done With Mirrors as well.

The other two in my top 3 Aerosmith albums. Usually bands begin to really suck when they reach the depths of addiction. I don't know why these albums hold together so well for me. The only other band I can think of right offhand that pulled this off was Thin Lizzy. Renegade and Thunder And Lightning rocked balls.

• Like 1