Achilles Last Stand or La Villa Strangiato?

Texas King

Achilles Last Stand or La Villa Strangiato?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Achilles Last Stand or La Villa Strangiato?

• Led Zeppelin - Achilles Last Stand
    • Rush - La Villa Strangiato

Personally and honestly, I never thought that much about "Achilles Last Stand". I always thought it's second rate Zeppelin.

yea i played it the other day. it was way underwhelming. and really doesn't warrent ten minutes or whatever it is.

Mick

• Like 1

Personally and honestly, I never thought that much about "Achilles Last Stand". I always thought it's second rate Zeppelin.

yea i played it the other day. it was way underwhelming. and really doesn't warrent ten minutes or whatever it is.

Mick

Cool scale, super repetitive. Honestly, some of RUSH's beloved epics kind of fall into that realm for me.
  • Like 1

Mick

Sorry you guys cant tap into the energy.

Its a great tune.....

• Like 1

Mick

Its a great tune.....

I guess great is subjective.

Edited by ReRushed
  • Like 1

Mick

Its a great tune.....

What energy? They sound bored.

Bonzo is on fire...at times.
  • Like 1

Mick

Its a great tune.....

I updated my post. It wasn't a fair judgement.

Mick

Its a great tune.....

Gallopy goodness.

Easily the best song on presence? I really love nobodys fault but mine however i think achilles is superior

Mick

Its a great tune.....

I think it was fair. Presence, in general, is somewhat of a troubled album, and I think the material reflects that.
  • Like 1

Mick

Its a great tune.....

I think it was fair. Presence, in general, is somewhat of a troubled album, and I think the material reflects that.

For my ten cents, PRESENCE is definitely different kind of Zep album, but in all the right ways. I love every song on the album and Tea For One is in my top 10 favorite Zep tunes.

I went to see the Zep cover band, "Get the Led Out" (who are fantastic) and they played "Hots on for Nowhere", which I have always loved. After the concert was over one of my friends said about "Hots On"--- " Why did they play that stupid Muppet song?" I laughed my ass off!

Mick

Its a great tune.....

For my ten cents, PRESENCE is definitely different kind of Zep album, but in all the right ways. I love every song on the album and Tea For One is in my top 10 favorite Zep tunes.

I went to see the Zep cover band, "Get the Led Out" (who are fantastic) and they played "Hots on for Nowhere", which I have always loved. After the concert was over one of my friends said about "Hots On"--- " Why did they play that stupid Muppet song?" I laughed my ass off!

It is different. I was reading wiki and said it was the only zep record without keys and only one acoustic guitar song.

Its their vapor trails.....

I love it all including coda.