2019 MLB Season Thread! Harper? Vlad Jr.? A's New Stadium? Play Ball!!

RUSHHEAD666

I'll never understand how when the playoffs arrive, guys that laid off outside sliders all year, are suddenly chasing outside sliders.

The umps are calling some of them strikes?
  • Like 1

I'll never understand how when the playoffs arrive, guys that laid off outside sliders all year, are suddenly chasing outside sliders.

Marvin Hudson's strike zone was rather large. Consistently inaccurate, though.

That has a little to do with it maybe. It's just frustrating that most players no longer think defensively at the plate. Instead of hitting that ball the other way, they are trying to pull it and they miss it by 6 in. Same with the shift. If you're a dumb enough hitter that they can give you half the field and you still can't hit it that way then that's on you.

And it's time for a computerized strike zone

As for the actual series, I'll be tuning out like the rest of America. No one wanted to see two national league teams in the World Series.

Lots and lots of baseball fans will be watching.

Dodger fans, Yankee fans and East/West Coast casual fans will probably not be watching.

• Like 2

As for the actual series, I'll be tuning out like the rest of America. No one wanted to see two national league teams in the World Series.

It will be interesting to see if this is right. Great pitching matchup and no villains. Personally, I’m rooting for it to go 7 games and that the winner scores a total of 4 runs, the loser a total of 3. 7 tense pitcher’s duels.

• Like 2

It will be interesting to see if this is right. Great pitching matchup and no villains. Personally, I’m rooting for it to go 7 games and that the winner scores a total of 4 runs, the loser a total of 3. 7 tense pitcher’s duels.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Series_television_ratings

Here's some history. I know we're being trolled a bit but there's no appreciable difference when you consider the trends in overall viewing and other entertainment options. To the extent that you can detect a minor bump it's because so many people rightly despise the Yankees and most of their fan base, a lot of whom make the cast of the Jersey Shore look like William F Buckley, and because, like another franchise that hasn't won anything in a while, the Dallas Cowboys, they still seem for some reason, have some bandwagon fans.

I don't know why they don't just switch Milwaukee and Houston back to the correct leagues.

I really miss the Brewers-Twins rivalry. They play only four games a year now, and they’re scheduled on weekdays! No weekends! :( :(

• Like 1

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Series_television_ratings

Here's some history. I know we're being trolled a bit but there's no appreciable difference when you consider the trends in overall viewing and other entertainment options. To the extent that you can detect a minor bump it's because so many people rightly despise the Yankees and most of their fan base, a lot of whom make the cast of the Jersey Shore look like William F Buckley, and because, like another franchise that hasn't won anything in a while, the Dallas Cowboys, they still seem for some reason, have some bandwagon fans.

....or love them...

I disagree. I saw it grow and shrink at critical moments.

I disagree. I saw it grow and shrink at critical moments.

Any of that would have been done outside the confines of the actual zone.

https://www.cnn.com/...tQ-a8Apr0zspqEg

All cultured people. Or is it people of culture?

In fairness to their fans, my son and I didn't have any problems at the stadium this summer, and we were wearing Red Sox hats. Yes, the Sox weren't good this year, so maybe that played a role in how we were received. But the New Yorkers we encountered outside the stadium were bigger d*cks than any fans we encountered on the trains in and out of the stadium, or in the stadium itself.

In fairness to their fans, my son and I didn't have any problems at the stadium this summer, and we were wearing Red Sox hats. Yes, the Sox weren't good this year, so maybe that played a role in how we were received. But the New Yorkers we encountered outside the stadium were bigger d*cks than any fans we encountered on the trains in and out of the stadium, or in the stadium itself.

Isn't labt a Cub fan? At least Yankee fans save their ire for fans of the other team. Anyone know what Steve Bartman is up to these days?

Isn't labt a Cub fan? At least Yankee fans save their ire for fans of the other team. Anyone know what Steve Bartman is up to these days?

The Bartman thing was a complete embarrassment, there's no defending their behavior in that incident.

I'm not the one who's describing a bunch of Jersey Shore rejects as cultured, though. Most fans, being a subset of people, are assholes.

The Bartman thing was a complete embarrassment, there's no defending their behavior in that incident.

I'm not the one who's describing a bunch of Jersey Shore rejects as cultured, though. Most fans, being a subset of people, are assholes.

But you are the one that took that comment seriously.

I was at games 3 & 4 of that 03 Series in Miami. It was cheaper for Cub fans to fly to Miami because the games didn't sell out. My Chicago friend who I met down there bought 18 pairs of tickets for games 3 4 and 5 to list on eBay. This was long before StubHub so he said people would have to meet him at the stadium. He sold one pair. We used 2 more for Games 3 and 4 and he wound up eating the other twelve pairs. He left me a pair for game 5 just in case I got bumped off my flight home, and when I didn't I just gave them to the guy at the airline counter.

But the Marlins fans way up in that third deck were genuinely shocked at how crazy Cub fans could be.

But you are the one that took that comment seriously.

I was at games 3 & 4 of that 03 Series in Miami. It was cheaper for Cub fans to fly to Miami because the games didn't sell out. My Chicago friend who I met down there bought 18 pairs of tickets for games 3 4 and 5 to list on eBay. This was long before StubHub so he said people would have to meet him at the stadium. He sold one pair. We used 2 more for Games 3 and 4 and he wound up eating the other twelve pairs. He left me a pair for game 5 just in case I got bumped off my flight home, and when I didn't I just gave them to the guy at the airline counter.

But the Marlins fans way up in that third deck were genuinely shocked at how crazy Cub fans could be.

Even if you weren't serious (and I didn't think you were) there are plenty of people who are. I was just using that as a jump off point for the many stories of asshole Yankee fans.

Oh sure. NOW Cole shits the bed...

I thought you were tuning out?

This has been an entertaining game.

I did actually forget that it was on. I turned it on at the end of the 4th. The bottom of the 6th now and I'm headed to bed.

I must say I love the new graphic they started showing this postseason of how different pitches break out of a pitcher's hand. I used to want them to do the same thing with deep fly balls showing how they may have been a home run or an out at the other team's park. For example, Fenway Park benefited the Yankees in the 78 playoff game, but most likely cost them the Series in 2004.