2019 MLB Season Thread! Harper? Vlad Jr.? A's New Stadium? Play Ball!!

RUSHHEAD666

https://www.dailyrep...-with-phillies/

Commentary: Why Giants fans should be thankful Bryce Harper signed with Phillies

"...the Phillies just paid, up-front, for the downslope of Harper’s career."

https://www.ksdk.com...66-6e5bc798f6c9

Why losing out on Bryce Harper is disappointing without being upsetting

He's played in 150+ games just twice in his seven-year career, which always made an eight-year deal the most desirable. The annual salary isn't the problem. The zero opt-outs, zero deferrals, and the complete no-trade clause is the issue. It's all in Harper's interest, and the Cardinals would be locked into him.

In the spirit of fairness, a rebuttal...

https://www.forbes.c...s/#607666c27c12

5 Reasons Bryce Harper's 13-Year, $330 Million Contract Is A Steal For The Phillies

I will never understand the signing either. It's ridiculous and it's really sad because this shit is going to have to stop. I love Bryce for his power and swagger but the guy hit what .244 last year?

INSANE!

I do love the Manny deal in San Diego. So happy for the Pads! My second favorite team! I love them and their park! Hoping for an A's Pads World Series some year!!

The owners are hypocrites paying this kind of dare I say "The Big Money!" Lol!

There will be a lockout in 2021. There will be a strike.

It just sucks because we the fan has to pay for it "In The End." So many RUSH connections.

I just hope my A's get their stadium built. Season ticket holder. Pisses me off having a cheap owner. Story of my life minus the wonderful Haas Family.

We have Sandy Alderson back in the fold. So come on A's! Let's go! Sign Dallas to a two year deal!

• Like 1

Commentary: Why Giants fans should be thankful Bryce Harper signed with Phillies

He's played in 150+ games just twice in his seven-year career, which always made an eight-year deal the most desirable. The annual salary isn't the problem. The zero opt-outs, zero deferrals, and the complete no-trade clause is the issue. It's all in Harper's interest, and the Cardinals would be locked into him.

5 Reasons Bryce Harper's 13-Year, $330 Million Contract Is A Steal For The Phillies

F THE GIANTS!

Boston Red Sox pitcher Steven Wright suspended 80 games for PEDs. The guy throws a knuckleball.
  • Like 2

Boston Red Sox pitcher Steven Wright suspended 80 games for PEDs. The guy throws a knuckleball.

Hahaha! "Idiots Rule"

Signed

Jane's Addiction

Can't wait to draft

Luzardo

Vlad Jr.

Eloy Jimenez

Tatis Jr.

Bring it!

Vlad Jr is hurt!

Severino is hurt!

Is anyone still going to grow your balls and take Vlad Jr?

I am sure Geddy will.

You know he's a big fantasy baseball guy and Ged and I talked about about my Oakland A's and his Blue Jays.

Let's just keep it PG for once. He's not too happy with the Jays front office.

I've been, always, and with the Toronto Blue Jays. I really hope they will get to be a better team by improving.

73 pinned this and now I have to watch Chad Pinder at first base?

I want to puke tonight.

Matt Olson out for 6 to 8 weeks.

Fukking hamate bone surgery.

Staton had that same shit and missed 6 months.

Why?

Scooter G is out for 12 weeks! WTF????

RUSH ON!

Watch "The Dirt!"

MOTLEY CRUE!

The band name for my fuckking 2019 Oakland A's. Already 0-2.

Olson out.

Jesus Luzardo out.

Pun out.

Manea out.

Cotton out.

A joke.

Last year was not a fluke.

97 wins.

This year?

100 losses.

Suxxxxxxx

Nikki SIXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

My baseball fantasy draft is tomorrow. I wanted Olson and Scooter.

Life ain't fair but it's GREAT!

• Like 1

73 pinned this and now I have to watch Chad Pinder at first base?

I want to puke tonight.

Matt Olson out for 6 to 8 weeks.

Fukking hamate bone surgery.

Staton had that same shit and missed 6 months.

Why?

Scooter G is out for 12 weeks! WTF????

RUSH ON!

Watch "The Dirt!"

MOTLEY CRUE!

The band name for my fuckking 2019 Oakland A's. Already 0-2.

Olson out.

Jesus Luzardo out.

Pun out.

Manea out.

Cotton out.

A joke.

Last year was not a fluke.

97 wins.

This year?

100 losses.

Suxxxxxxx

Nikki SIXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

My baseball fantasy draft is tomorrow. I wanted Olson and Scooter.

Life ain't fair but it's GREAT!

Hey. Been away for a while. Did you go see Geddy ?

Het, Earl, i managed to catch this little bit of footage flipping channels the other night: Chuck Finley circa 1976 on the Tonight Show. Chuck talks about his lawsuit against MLB, but the most interesting to me was to see him pitch his ideas for improving the game, which here include the orange baseball, changing the count to 4 balls to 3, and getting rid of the goofy requirement of throwing four pitches out of the strike zone for the intentional walk. Well...it only took 40 years to get that last one, so who knows when the others will come around!

A true visionary. Here's to a return to Oakland greatness, EARL!!!! :cheers:

Harper went 0-3 but his presence was felt as the Braves intentionally walked him late in the game and took their chance w Rhys Hoskins who blasted a grand slam. The bottom of the order, which was last years top of the order makes for an interesting batting lineup - not too bad! Im glad baseball is back!

C3ZD53s_d.jpg

Enjoy your overrated clubhouse cancer, Philly.

Idiotic contract. :facepalm:

I disagree. I was hoping he'd be a Cub.

Jason Heyward. Now that was an idiotic contract. Harper's AAV is only a couple more million than Heyward's. He's more than a 3 WAR player, much more; his defensive metrics killed hisvWAR, and those still need a ton of work; he'll average 5+ WAR over the next seven years.

Your addiction to numbers has clouded your ability to see the obvious. :P

Which is?

A 13-year, $330 million contract for any player is foolish, from a business perspective.

Less so if DH comes to the NL. Less so if many decent years and the per year cost is kept low. Less so if he gets 40+ HRs and a lot of RBIs.

Clubhouse cancer? Nah. Not here. Maybe lol.

Bryce Harper hahahahahahahaha! The Philly fans here (we are halfway between Pittsburgh and Philly and also in the Baltimore and Washington blackout areas :( ) have been chomping at the bit for weeks to get Harper signed. Every day there are rumors on the news, he's coming, he's coming! The latest was yesterday when a jet belonging to the Phillies owner was seen in Las Vegas, where Harper lives. It would be great for Philly if he does come! He played a few times in Harrisburg ( Nats minor league team) when he was rehabbing from injuries but we didn't go because it was a rugby scrum with so many people there.

I agree with TX Rush on the Pirates! Good pitching, but no money to do much with in free agency. The heart of the team still seems to be Francisco Cervelli, who is their catcher that gives like 1000 percent. He has been been injured and come back so many times it's hard to believe. He is from Venezuela and what's going on now has to be rough on him.

The story today was the former Pirate who led off the entire season with a homerun.

Edited by lerxt1990
  • Like 1

C3ZD53s_d.jpg

Enjoy your overrated clubhouse cancer, Philly.

Idiotic contract. :facepalm:

I disagree. I was hoping he'd be a Cub.

Jason Heyward. Now that was an idiotic contract. Harper's AAV is only a couple more million than Heyward's. He's more than a 3 WAR player, much more; his defensive metrics killed hisvWAR, and those still need a ton of work; he'll average 5+ WAR over the next seven years.

Your addiction to numbers has clouded your ability to see the obvious. :P

Which is?

A 13-year, $330 million contract for any player is foolish, from a business perspective.

Sure, he won't be worth it in 2031 (the Mets will still be 4 yrs away from the end of Bobby Bonilla's contract, BTW), but the first 6-7 years of excess value will more than offset it, and he could be a $12 million player even at ages 37 or 38, which is roughly the equivalent of $25 million now.

Correct. And the phillies have a lot of money to spend. It was a good move.

I will never understand the signing either. It's ridiculous and it's really sad because this shit is going to have to stop. I love Bryce for his power and swagger but the guy hit what .244 last year?

INSANE!

I do love the Manny deal in San Diego. So happy for the Pads! My second favorite team! I love them and their park! Hoping for an A's Pads World Series some year!!

The owners are hypocrites paying this kind of dare I say "The Big Money!" Lol!

There will be a lockout in 2021. There will be a strike.

It just sucks because we the fan has to pay for it "In The End." So many RUSH connections.

I just hope my A's get their stadium built. Season ticket holder. Pisses me off having a cheap owner. Story of my life minus the wonderful Haas Family.

We have Sandy Alderson back in the fold. So come on A's! Let's go! Sign Dallas to a two year deal!

Harper: If he hits .275 and gets 40 HR its worth it. And its not just him, batting after Mccutcheon and right before Rhys Hoskins he provides a tremendous threat. We'll see!

Bryce Harper hahahahahahahaha! The Philly fans here (we are halfway between Pittsburgh and Philly and also in the Baltimore and Washington blackout areas :( ) have been chomping at the bit for weeks to get Harper signed. Every day there are rumors on the news, he's coming, he's coming! The latest was yesterday when a jet belonging to the Phillies owner was seen in Las Vegas, where Harper lives. It would be great for Philly if he does come! He played a few times in Harrisburg ( Nats minor league team) when he was rehabbing from injuries but we didn't go because it was a rugby scrum with so many people there.

I agree with TX Rush on the Pirates! Good pitching, but no money to do much with in free agency. The heart of the team still seems to be Francisco Cervelli, who is their catcher that gives like 1000 percent. He has been been injured and come back so many times it's hard to believe. He is from Venezuela and what's going on now has to be rough on him.

The story today was the former Pirate who led off the entire season with a homerun.

Yes, lots of coverage here in Pa of McCutchen with that HR! Hopefully Harper will get his timing down soon - I still miss McCutchen with the Pirates.

• Like 1