Getting into drawing again, Watercolor brush pens...

OldRUSHfan

I started with Flair felt tip Markers in school [eventually all 12 colors, 5 thru 12 grade...moved to Marvy med tip markers in the early '80s. eventually reaching a 60 color tin. Moved onto Sharpie permanent fine ponts, and have just purchased a 115 pen pack with 40 fine points, 42 Ultra fine, 5 neon, 8 Metallic, 2 twin tip and 8 Chisel tips. Vacnite watercolor brush pens 48 color set, and Sophie's 48 color watercolor set of watercolor brush pens. So. does anyone care to point me to the supplies THEY recommend? I purchased some ARTEZA watercolor heavy paper, 140 lb/300 gsm [gsm is a measure for paper weight quality, Grams Per Square Meter]So this paper I bought is VERY GOOD! I used to use 3x5 card 'card' to make end covers for my Cassette tapes, Examples later if I can still find them...

qPvKXTA.jpg

• Like 4

I started with Flair felt tip Markers in school [eventually all 12 colors, 5 thru 12 grade...moved to Marvy med tip markers in the early '80s. eventually reaching a 60 color tin. Moved onto Sharpie permanent fine ponts, and have just purchased a 115 pen pack with 40 fine points, 42 Ultra fine, 5 neon, 8 Metallic, 2 twin tip and 8 Chisel tips. Vacnite watercolor brush pens 48 color set, and Sophie's 48 color watercolor set of watercolor brush pens. So. does anyone care to point me to the supplies THEY recommend? I purchased some ARTEZA watercolor heavy paper, 140 lb/300 gsm [gsm is a measure for paper weight quality, Grams Per Square Meter]So this paper I bought is VERY GOOD! I used to use 3x5 card 'card' to make end covers for my Cassette tapes, Examples later if I can still find them...

qPvKXTA.jpg

Did you ever send away for the free Flair calendars in the 70s? They had great drawings each month to color in with the markers!

• Like 1

I used to love markers and pens. I used draw compulsively. Took all the art classes I could in school. Every once in a while when the grandkids are over I will color or draw with them.
  • Like 3

I started with Flair felt tip Markers in school [eventually all 12 colors, 5 thru 12 grade...moved to Marvy med tip markers in the early '80s. eventually reaching a 60 color tin. Moved onto Sharpie permanent fine ponts, and have just purchased a 115 pen pack with 40 fine points, 42 Ultra fine, 5 neon, 8 Metallic, 2 twin tip and 8 Chisel tips. Vacnite watercolor brush pens 48 color set, and Sophie's 48 color watercolor set of watercolor brush pens. So. does anyone care to point me to the supplies THEY recommend? I purchased some ARTEZA watercolor heavy paper, 140 lb/300 gsm [gsm is a measure for paper weight quality, Grams Per Square Meter]So this paper I bought is VERY GOOD! I used to use 3x5 card 'card' to make end covers for my Cassette tapes, Examples later if I can still find them...also got into dry transfer lettering and such, even for weird fonts and some modeling applications...

qPvKXTA.jpg

Did you ever send away for the free Flair calendars in the 70s? They had great drawings each month to color in with the markers!

Never heard of 'em! I had gone on a trip to Fla. with my parents in 73 and found some drawings in a 3 pack that I eventually started coloring with the Marvy pens I got. The first set was a 24 size set I got from a store in Ann Arbor, an art store for U of M students and other variety of 'Dorm room' stuff.That's where I eventually got my 60 color tin from about 7 years later. I still have those sheets somewhere....I really got to clean this place up. and dig out alla the stuff I've never unpacked...

qPvKXTA.jpg

Edited by OldRUSHfan
  • Like 1

Good on you, ORF! I love to draw but suck at it. :(

I used to be a fan of Doodle Art. Remember that?

360_2667a075606d99a0d4f4a291d4e37410.jpg

I do remember the Logo for them, and these seem like the same type of thing I got on that trip to Fla. in "77" not '73. On that same trip in 'Spring Break' in '77, I also found a BLACK VELVET Painting of Alice Cooper at a Rest Stop convenience store! I have a picture of it some where. But I'd seen TOO MANY BLACK VELVET ELVISES by that time, and to see my BELOVED ALICE COOPER on a BLACK VELVET painting was TOO MUCH! LOL

FzeGZl4.jpg

• Like 1

Found one of my 'covers' I did back in the '79-'81 era...It was the card insert to a TDK cassette that I put these two albums on....

fNHol8J.jpg

To Compare, fL32xhL.jpguc39FMT.jpg

qaiueb3.jpg

• Like 3

Found one of my 'covers' I did back in the '79-'81 era...It was the card insert to a TDK cassette that I put these two albums on....

fNHol8J.jpg

qaiueb3.jpg

I find it interesting that you know Prism! They're barely known in Canada! :o

What other weird Canadian stuff did you hear growing up? Terry Jacks and the Poppy Family? Stompin' Tom?

Here's some obscure Canuck power pop for you, ORF. Maybe not as good as Prism :P

More like a Canuck Knack -- which is odd to say or even look at.

• Like 1

fNHol8J.jpg

qaiueb3.jpg

What other weird Canadian stuff did you hear growing up? Terry Jacks and the Poppy Family? Stompin' Tom?

Here's some obscure Canuck power pop for you, ORF. Maybe not as good as Prism :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqvSMEO7SNg

I've heard of Terry Jacks and The Poppy Family, but WAY BACK in the Seventies...the band you called the Canadian Knack, have NOT heard of them or Stompin' Tom...April

Wine is a Canadian band...BIG into them...Ron Taback was their singer, and he did a Labatts comercial back in the early '80s...

E9loKSm.gif

• Like 1

fNHol8J.jpg

qaiueb3.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqvSMEO7SNg

I've heard of Terry Jacks and The Poppy Family, but WAY BACK in the Seventies...the band you called the Canadian Knack, have NOT heard of them or Stompin' Tom...April

Wine is a Canadian band...BIG into them...Ron Taback was their singer, and he did a Labatts comercial back in the early '80s...

E9loKSm.gif

I've only heard of Myles Goodwin. Maybe Ron Taback was the guy they had back when they started up in Halifax?

Susan Jacks (of aforementioned Poppy Family) was a cutie-patootie!

hqdefault.jpg

http://www.montrealgazette.com/cms/binary/1508266.jpg

How 'bout Teaze?

Forgive my addled old Brain. Ron Tabak was the original singer for PRISM. He died in '84. Myles Goodwin is April Wine's singer, of course! I'm like Rick Nielsen. I wanna see the TITS on EVERY GIRL! [Next Position Please] Susan Jacks seems like the perfect subject for that.

Ubtr88K.gif

fNHol8J.jpg

qaiueb3.jpg

My wife had this one...

220px-Small_Change.jpg

I never heard anything after the third studio album, and didn't like "Armageddon" so 'Buy on previous performance' was out on that album, and I didn't really look for it. Turns out Ron Tabak did not sing on that album anyway.

parDk2c.jpg

Very nice, ORFie! :D

Thank you, Babycat! I used to have a BUNCH of those. I believe I still do tucked away somewhere. I even used Dry Transfer [rub on] lettering for special effects and fonts. I still have the Thalia [original RUSH album lettering] page of rub on lettering! I have a WHOLE BUNCH of rub on lettering! This PRISM one is free handed, but I always tried to do the closest to the album cover.

2QaJ2Se.jpg