2019 NASCAR Season Thread

laughedatbytime

No cars post a qualifying speed in the final round because nobody wants to be the first off pit road. LOL

NASCAR had really created a disaster with this dumb rules package.

Add the proposed schedule changes, and you magnify the train wreck.

F--k 'em, I'm done with numb nutscar.

http://streamable.com/bj8eg

Tony Stewart comments on NASCAR's direction.

The drivers must've been right and that is the reason I FF through every single race. Just crazy how bad the brass screwed up this sport...
  • Like 1

Yeah that was a total mess. Not only did NASCAR throw the caution for no good reason, but then they let a bungled restart proceed that severely impacted a number of the top-contenders. They handed the win to Kyle Busch on a silver platter. Absolutely pitiful officiating.
  • Like 2

Yeah that was a total mess. Not only did NASCAR throw the caution for no good reason, but then they let a bungled restart proceed that severely impacted a number of the top-contenders. They handed the win to Kyle Busch on a silver platter. Absolutely pitiful officiating.

Its unofficially switched from the age of J. Johnson and Hendricks to Kyle Busch and Gibbs. What if JJ did have a little more in the tank for an 8th championship? His crew even has been pulled away from him. This is from a Penske fan. Brad deserved a better shot than this. Stewart had it right in an interview that NASCAR may be unrecognizable soon. I'm not a ball sport fan. This sucks for me.

NASCAR finally does something right and brings back single car qualifying at all ovals, per MRN.
  • Like 4

I thought it was a really good race tonight, and while I was hoping Bowman could take the checkers I never mind when Brad wins.

And, oh...suck it, Kyle.

• Like 2

Tonight's was my favorite race of the year.

No part of this race fell short for me. I'm not a huge Hamlin fan, but the finish was satisfying. Hamlin is almost turning into the new Matt Kenseth of the sport. He's quiet and got a reserved image. He's pulled a few stunts in his career, but never anything too rough. He knows the score, and races like a man. I have to give him mad respect, despite not having always been a fan.

I wanted like hell to see DiBenedetto win, and I feel the disappointment there. But that's the kind of struggle NASCAR needs. Fenders were not crushed and hands were not thrown. The better car won, but only after an incredible battle for it.

There was passing throughout the field all night, and each was difficult. The side by side action was amazing. There was enough pit strategy to force thoughtfulness, but enough green flag space to let it be about racers.

This was an amazing race on all fronts. This is what NASCAR needs to be.

• Like 1

What a boring race and then Kyle "Douchebag" Busch won the championship.

:boo hiss:

The most boring championship race ever. No wonder the sport is hemorrhaging fans. For the most part, the racing hasn't been bad this year, but today's race was a total snoozefest.

• Like 1

Boring race, boring format, and Homestead's last "championship" race. Screw the countdown format, screw stages, and screw NASCAR. Make every race mean something for all the drivers and teams, and if on driver/team gets an insurmountable lead, tough shit, they win.
  • Like 1

I've been hanging Christmas lights all day and going to my daughter's cheer comp. Sounds like an awesome race!!

#kylebuschrules

It's not even Thanksgiving!

It takes me about 12 to 15 hours to hang all of mine so I have to start early. I won't turn them on until Thanksgiving morning.

• Like 1

Boring race, boring format, and Homestead's last "championship" race. Screw the countdown format, screw stages, and screw NASCAR. Make every race mean something for all the drivers and teams, and if on driver/team gets an insurmountable lead, tough shit, they win.

It was that format that brought the Chase to begin with. Matt Kenseth winning the Championship in '03 or '04 while winning only one race all year. Talk about boring. The only cool thing he ever did was wreck Logano at Martinsville a few years ago.

• Like 1

The last four races of the year were each absolutely dominated by one of the championship 4. This is the "excitment" they've generated.

This high downforce package is absolutely terrible. It's produced good racing a couple of times at the more high banked tracks, but the flatter, more handling dependant tracks have turned into an absolute snore.

This is professional racing, it should not be easy to drive these cars. Give them horsepower, and take their downforce. Narrow the tires and make them have to roll out of the throttle in EVERY corner. Nothing is worse for the sport than allowing the drivers to hold it wide open all the time.

I'm afraid nothing's going to help NASCAR at this point. 2019 was the worst season of racing I can recall. Until they clean house of everyone in management, starting with Steve O'Donnell; it's not going to get better.

But hey, 'they like what they're seeing'. :facepalm:

Edited by KenJennings
  • Like 1