2019 NASCAR Season Thread

laughedatbytime

After the duels and the Clash, I'm not sure there's any point in tuning into the 500 until the last lap.

Hopefully the non-plate races will be more interesting...

• Like 2

Look for a smash fest, if the truck race Friday is any indication. Those guys were going at it, equipment be damned. I'll watch the race and also try not falling asleep, but this stage and chase BS has soured me on it. Tbh I'll probably watch more NHRA than NASCAR.
  • Like 1

Look for a smash fest, if the truck race Friday is any indication. Those guys were going at it, equipment be damned. I'll watch the race and also try not falling asleep, but this stage and chase BS has soured me on it. Tbh I'll probably watch more NHRA than NASCAR.

I hear ya on watching NHRA. Been wanting to check out more off-road racing, really.

I did watch the Crash... I mean Clash. Looked like a Talledega wipeout.

I'm kinda laid up and housebound on medical leave for awhile... Been thinking about trying to get back into NASCAR. Kinda miss it. I just basically walked away from it in 2017. They need to swallow their pride a bit and get away from stage racing. Its not NASCARBALL. Stop with the playoffs BS. WEnt to NASCAR.com to see what's new... good God a lot has changed. A lot of people gone, including our local hero Kasey Kahne. Lotsa new guys. Glad to see Bowyer got picked up by SH. Looks like 2 out of 3 of my Penske boys are well positioned. My main man Kes has a fight for it. I'm gonna make me a tray of nachos and have a Miller or two and hang with it.

• Like 1

Much better racing in the first sixty laps of this race compared to the last few years.

Yeah, it's been better racing than yesterday, for sure, though that looks to be changing now.

• Like 1

How does a six car pack manage to catch the rest of the field? I thought the restrictor plate was supposed to keep everybody the same speed.

Better alignment among the six than the larger pack..

And just like that, a stupid rookie takes out the greatest champion in NASCAR history.

Since when is Paul Menard a rookie?

Or maybe you're referring to the pit lap crashing. At any rate, he wasn't going to win anyway. Now as long as Kyle "Douchebag" Busch doesn't win, it's all good.

Edited by Fordgalaxy
  • Like 1

Hell of a race so far! They mentioned this will be the last restrictor plate race. I need to research that change...

:huh:

I hate plate racing, but it ain't going away.

• Like 1

They're changing the engine package going forward, and will use tapered spacers, at all tracks longer than 1.5 miles, so Michigan, Atlanta, Pocono, Talladega, Daytona will all have the same package.

Thanks, I somehow missed that.

https://m.nascar.com/news-media/2018/10/02/2019-rules-packages-announced-monster-energy-series/

I'm probably most afraid that this package will give NASCAR what it wants: pack racing at every fast track. The sad reality is that Daytona and Talladega are popular races; even though the events themselves turn into something that looks like parody of what stock car racing should be. A demo derby followed by a roll of the dice in the last ten laps to determine the winner.

I'm not hopeful about the direction the sport is taking.

Edited by KenJennings
  • Like 4

I'm probably most afraid that this package will give NASCAR what it wants: pack racing at every fast track. The sad reality is that Daytona and Talladega are popular races; even though the events themselves turn into something that looks like parody of what stock car racing should be. A demo derby followed by a roll of the dice in the last ten laps to determine the winner.

Me neither. I hope they see the error of their ways and change it. DennyHamHam wins... OK, not my fave. Kes made it to upper mid pack and got stuck. I think Blaney has a bright future ahead of him.

It took an hour and a half to run the last 9 laps. For me, at least, the excitement was completely gone and i was just hoping it would be over.

Worst qualifying session ever. :facepalm:

Quite a few calls to return to single car qualifying.

:yes:

Nachos? Check. Beer? Check. Acoustic bass next to me. Yup. Let's see if Sugarboy (Kyle...) can pull it off. Kes has some work cut out for him.

No cars post a qualifying speed in the final round because nobody wants to be the first off pit road. LOL

NASCAR had really created a disaster with this dumb rules package.

:LOL: