38 members have voted

1. 1. Who’s better?

• Van Halen
    • Led Zeppelin
  2. 2. Who’s your favorite?

• Van Halen
    • Led Zeppelin

Who’s better? Who’s your fav?

A few years ago I probably would’ve leaned towards VH, but LZ’s best albums are better than VH’s best albums for me. However, I LOVE VH’s energy. They were one of those perfect rock bands. Great melodies, great rhythms, great riffs, electric solos, great energy, great fun. LZ’s just deeper, but not necessarily the better band to me. Not every day of the week anyway.

• Like 1

Zep certainly has more range an overall musicianship, so I'll go with them as "better". I picked both as "favorite".

I see EP did the opposite move. :LOL:

Edited by goose
  • Like 2

I've liked both bands, and groups, but I felt the need to pick "Led Zeppelin". When it comes to overall, they are more talented, and skilled.
  • Like 1

zep. they knew when to end it gracefully, all things considered. they could have easily gotten another drummer and milked the fanbase, but I think they were creatively tapped out by the time bonham died.

VH has turned into years of shitstorm drama.

• Like 3

I wouldn't know who's better technically, and I love them both.

:huh:

In the past, Eddie described Jimmy Page as playing like a little girl, so I guess Eddie's the more technical. :P

Oh...and this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOdcsR-D7w4&feature=youtu.be

Edited by goose
  • Like 3

I love Zeppelin. But the first 6 VH albums are perfect in every way.

And while some may call it heresy. ^^^ that guy blows Page away.

Guitar vs guitar, I agree. Each band's total body of work, I don't VH takes down the mighty Zep.
  • Like 2

Is this even a serious question? Led Zeppelin ofcourse! They are one of the best bands in the world and they kicked ass during their golden days!

Van Halen I find boring.

No doubt about the first half of your post, but do yourself a favour and check out Van Halen II (1979)

You'll find it everything but boring! I promise!

• Like 3

Is this even a serious question? Led Zeppelin ofcourse! They are one of the best bands in the world and they kicked ass during their golden days!

Van Halen I find boring.

No doubt about the first half of your post, but do yourself a favour and check out Van Halen II (1979)

I can see not liking their music but Eddie and Alex's playing is the furthest thing from boring. I think this is the first time I've ever seen VH called boring.

• Like 1

Van Halen I find boring.

I can see not liking their music but Eddie and Alex's playing is the furthest thing from boring. I think this is the first time I've ever seen VH called boring.

it's just another extreme Zumbi reaction, lol.

nothing boring about EVH's playing.

or Alex

Or the band, lol

Mick

I go Zep on both counts.

although zep was prone to just BORING wankery live.

Still. i play way more than any VH.

Mick

You are correct Mick.

VAN HALEN ALL THE WAY!!!

1977-1985

Blows Zep away!

Both bands were infused with drugs and booze. Both had moments of totally shitting the bed live.

I would rather see Diamond Dave drink too much Jack and forget his lines then a wasted Page who couldn't even stand up and play his axe.

Zeppelin gets the axe for me! Hell, and I love them both.

• Like 1

Plant >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> DLR

Page <<<<<<< EVH ( technically )

JPJ >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Michael Anthony

Bonham >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Alex Van Halen

LZ>VH

Plant <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< SH

Page <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< EVH

JPJ >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Michael Anthony

Bonham >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Alex Van Halen

LZ=VH

I've seen VH with DLR and SH.

DLR /VH shows > SH /VH shows.

... the 5150 tour was excellent but that could have been because I had front row seats at the IZOD Center NJ.