The 50 Club

YYZ Working Man

Meh. I remember when I turned 35 and a great friend called me and said, "you're now closer to 50 than you are 20" and I wasn't all that excited about that. Here it is almost 7 years past 50 and it's not that big of a deal. My motto for quite a while is, you have to get older, but you don't have to get old.

Personally, I can't wait until I get to the age when I can say inappropriate stuff and people just laugh and shake their heads. Welcome to the half century club.

• Like 7

A month after I turned 50, I got an unsolicited email from The Scooter Store with a picture like this.

lovely-day-today.jpg

I was convinced that one of my co-workers was being a dick and signed me up for their mailing list. You'll be getting your AARP paperwork soon.

It's actually not so bad. Occassionally I get the senior discount at restaurants without asking (even though I'm not quite a 'senior' yet).

• Like 8

A month after I turned 50, I got an unsolicited email from The Scooter Store with a picture like this.

lovely-day-today.jpg

I was convinced that one of my co-workers was being a dick and signed me up for their mailing list. You'll be getting your AARP paperwork soon.

It's actually not so bad. Occassionally I get the senior discount at restaurants without asking (even though I'm not quite a 'senior' yet).

Oh, did that make me laugh. :LOL:

• Like 2

lovely-day-today.jpg

Haha, yes! When we went to see Bohemian Rhapsody over New Year's; the other people in line asking for Bohemian Rhapsody looked -- just like us! When we got to the window, the girl said, "Bohemian Rhapsody? You get the 55 and over discount . . . :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: but she was serious. (It actually cut the ticket price a lot and I wouldn't have thought to ask . . .)

• Like 3

it's been a few weeks now for me. I am questioning everything! What is 50 supposed to look like or feel like - and forget famous people, they can't be looked at as a benchmark for what is supposed to be normal. I don't know :unsure:

And AARP sent me paperwork back in December! :codger: :coy: Discounts Ahoy!!!!

Edited by librarian
  • Like 5

lovely-day-today.jpg

Haha, yes! When we went to see Bohemian Rhapsody over New Year's; the other people in line asking for Bohemian Rhapsody looked -- just like us! When we got to the window, the girl said, "Bohemian Rhapsody? You get the 55 and over discount . . . :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: but she was serious. (It actually cut the ticket price a lot and I wouldn't have thought to ask . . .)

I used to get pissed when they asked me about 'senior' discount. Now I just tell them "why yes thank you" (suckers).
  • Like 2

Not sure if this is a thing but I'm about to join a club next week by force that I'm not exited about but grateful to have made it this far.. Lol.

Please accept me !

Cheers to 50 :facepalm:

You'll find that you heal quicker and lose weight easier.

• Like 2

Not sure if this is a thing but I'm about to join a club next week by force that I'm not exited about but grateful to have made it this far.. Lol.

Please accept me !

Cheers to 50 :facepalm:

You'll find that you heal quicker and lose weight easier.

Brilliant!

Hahahaha!

That was great.

:)

• Like 1

I turned 60 last May, and while some things are changing with my memory, other things are getting better.

UmgB6pM.jpg

it's been a few weeks now for me. I am questioning everything! What is 50 supposed to look like or feel like - and forget famous people, they can't be looked at as a benchmark for what is supposed to be normal. I don't know :unsure:

It's funny to think now that the AARP crowd are the same people who went to metal concerts in the '80's. Metallica is AARP material.

• Like 4

It's funny to think now that the AARP crowd are the same people who went to metal concerts in the '80's. Metallica is AARP material.

My BFF and I saw The "And Justice For All" Tour on Thanksgiving weekend in '88. AARP started The year I was Born, 1958, in California, and A lady who was doing things for former teachers, from 1947. Health and benefits for retired teachers....I didn't receive my first invitation to join AARP Until I was in my mid 30s about 6 years after that concert.They STILL Send me stuff. Anything to get my money.

pcG2tzV.gif

• Like 1

Does the Osteo Biflex stuff work? :unsure:

No. It's a lot of money too. Are your aches and pains starting? If so, for me at least, the best remedy is ibuprofen.

Thank You. Good to know. :sundog:

Remember the child hood song, Head, shoulders, knees and toes? It has a whole new meaning for me now :LOL:

Edited by librarian
  • Like 2

Does the Osteo Biflex stuff work? :unsure:

No. It's a lot of money too. Are your aches and pains starting? If so, for me at least, the best remedy is ibuprofen.

Thank You. Good to know. :sundog:

Remember the child hood song, Head, shoulders, knees and toes? It has a whole new meaning for me now :LOL:

There's nothing like being young.

• Like 1