Did the Counterparts Messageboard blow up?

chemistry1973

You guys really need to drop the swear filter. Saying f**k is practically mandatory on the Internet now. I mean even the Pope drops a few F-bombs every time he addresses the College of Bishops.

Yeah!

Time to make some changes around here!

Yeah man, let's make this place EXACTLY like CP!

• Like 1

You guys really need to drop the swear filter. Saying f**k is practically mandatory on the Internet now. I mean even the Pope drops a few F-bombs every time he addresses the College of Bishops.

Yeah!

Dead?

• Like 2

Yeah!

Dead?

Ohhhh shots fired, bro, shots fired!! lol.

Yeah!

So are we all just gonna take over this thread as our new board? :D F**king Awesome! Someone get the Brits...

They'll be no take over. Back in your crates.

• Like 3

Yeah!

So are we all just gonna take over this thread as our new board? :D F**king Awesome! Someone get the Brits...

Silence you!! Bring us your women!!!

• Like 1

That's been brought up a number of times over the years that I have been here. They don't seem to want to waiver on censoring certain words. Which really doesn't make any sense to me these days. In the early days of the internet it was more appropriate. But now that everyone has access to everything seeing the word "f**k" written out is far from the worst thing someone can come across while browsing the internet. Kids say worse than that in middle school.

Now now. We don't want to offend anyone's sensibilities, peeps. Some folks still get downright offended at cussin and rough language.

Slandering the band and it's management is also frowned upon in these parts. I'm sure that if I went on one of my Bricking Rants, or started talking about Suckfest 75' (COS), I'd be out on my fracking ass.

Gotta play nice.

Edited by grep
  • Like 1

Old CP good. New CP will have to suffice.

Edited by grep
  • Like 3

Yeah!

So are we all just gonna take over this thread as our new board? :D f***ing Awesome! Someone get the Brits...

Back in my crate? But I just arrived here in the free city of Bravos. I spent a month on a ship, in that crate, shitting through a knothole. Varys would then dump it overboard, along with all the copies of COS and the first VT mix..... I'm not getting back in any crate. Where's Danerys? I need to advise her.

SNA too. Do you know how hard it was to squeeze Leela through that thole?

Edited by grep
  • Like 1

They're having server issues. Why would you want a fellow message board about RUSH to go away? Maybe you are 1 of those that can't handle their version of message boarding, allowing all the bad words and stuff. :cheerleader:

The more the better, and CP has too much history to just dismiss them.

Meh, they don’t have me.

EGO much?

0DD52Py.gif

I provide valuable content that you can't get over there.

CP provides a 'less safe' environment that some prefer. Content and knowledge are one thing, and everyone is grateful (or should be) to those who provide it. However, an environment with looser rules is appealing to some. Myself included. I never could color inside the lines. ;)

Interesting...

Yeah, you should have seen the Costa Concordia thread. It would rock your world. Heh heh.

Ya know, I just read that 9 page thread about CP that was posted in 2011 and recently bumped. G-darn it, there's a lot of hate in that thread not to mention the hate in here! It comes off like a board war where one side doesn't know a war is happening. I've been at CP virtually since the beginning and I only remember TRF being mentioned a handful of times in snarky fashion and most of those comments came from a former member who is now a full-time member here. So I really don't understand all the hate and the hopeful wishes that CP is finally finished. I suspect it's more the culture of the site that's hated than anything CP ever said or did to TRF.
  • Like 2

Ya know, I just read that 9 page thread about CP that was posted in 2011 and recently bumped. G-darn it, there's a lot of hate in that thread not to mention the hate in here! It comes off like a board war where one side doesn't know a war is happening. I've been at CP virtually since the beginning and I only remember TRF being mentioned a handful of times in snarky fashion and most of those comments came from a former member who is now a full-time member here. So I really don't understand all the hate and the hopeful wishes that CP is finally finished. I suspect it's more the culture of the site that's hated than anything CP ever said or did to TRF.

Some people fear that which they don't understand. Ignorance and prejudice goes hand in hand, brother.

• Like 3

Slandering the band and it's management is also frowned upon in these parts. I'm sure that if I went on one of my Bricking Rants, or started talking about Suckfest 75' (COS), I'd be out on my fracking ass.

You've already said too much aaaannnd you are reported.

Good - where's my warning point?

• Like 1

Huh? Where's the hate in this thread? Besides all the posts calling us out for our use of the word filter, that is. ;)

• Like 4

Never could get a damn warning point. Just one F U C K I N G point for shit sake!
  • Like 3

Never could get a damn warning point. Just one F U C K I N G point for shit sake!

Well it's impossible to earn a point at CP. FJ would probably give them away if we asked... but that's no fun.

Edited by grep

Well it's impossible to earn a point at CP. FJ would probably give them away if we asked... but that's no fun.

We don't give out warning points here, either. The warning system is there, but we don't use it.

• Like 2