Did the Counterparts Messageboard blow up?

chemistry1973

Konbanwa, good to see you.

:hi:

:hi: Welcome back!

2i1WZZym.jpg

Dankeschön!

Probably time to start CP anew. If the history has to be abandoned, so be it. I miss my crew. It's been too long.

It's been restarted so many times before, what's another?

• Like 4

2i1WZZym.jpg

Dankeschön!

Probably time to start CP anew. If the history has to be abandoned, so be it. I miss my crew. It's been too long.

Rush Didact! I've missed you and your cat!

NAGAdFC.gif

I sure do miss CP. Home of my epic Costa Concordia thread.

With regular (sock puppet)contributors like Chris Christie and Ralph Malph, what's not to love about CP?

Edited by grep
  • Like 2

They're having server issues. Why would you want a fellow message board about RUSH to go away? Maybe you are 1 of those that can't handle their version of message boarding, allowing all the bad words and stuff. :cheerleader:

The more the better, and CP has too much history to just dismiss them.

I used ot be a CPer - and wound up here due to the '06 blowup. It was a cool wild west area...

They're having server issues. Why would you want a fellow message board about RUSH to go away? Maybe you are 1 of those that can't handle their version of message boarding, allowing all the bad words and stuff. :cheerleader:

I used ot be a CPer - and wound up here due to the '06 blowup. It was a cool wild west area...

CP is pretty stable now. We're all old f***s.

Speak for yourself, gramps. :codger:

Joe's not getting any response from the host company.

This sucks for CP...

YCDD1h8.gif

2i1WZZym.jpg

Dankeschön!

RD!! Long time no viddy droog!

• Like 1

2i1WZZym.jpg

Dankeschön!

Haven't seen these names in a while. Welcome back!

2i1WZZym.jpg

Dankeschön!

Speaking of long time.

Pratheṣ̄thịy pĕn xỳāngrị b̂āng

Speak for yourself, gramps. :codger:

Sorry I didn't mean to offend the late 40s set. :)

• Like 1

2i1WZZym.jpg

Dankeschön!

Danke. Anyone with a Frank Booth avatar is my friend.

Now its dark.

• Like 2

Its Back ! aT LEAST IO THOUGHT IT WAS...BUT NOPE... :|

Clearly CP hit rock bottom...

As far as hositng companies go, anyways.

GNo5Obt.gif

• Like 1

Howdy WH! It has indeed been a while! I was just thinking about your re-working of the Divine Comedy the other day.

Excellent. You are living in the Western Hemisphere again? I was thinking of you last year, as my company gave my wife and I an opportunity to live and work in Thailand for 12 months. I had a thread and pics on this over at CP.... prolly gone now. Every workday I literally was on the train to Bangkok. We traveled almost every weekend and visited over 20 countries all in all.

How have you been?

• Like 1

2i1WZZym.jpg

Dankeschön!

Danke. Anyone with a Frank Booth avatar is my friend.

Now its dark.

Still into Anthrax, eh, WH?

JqdwQUC.gif

Excellent. You are living in the Western Hemisphere again? I was thinking of you last year, as my company gave my wife and I an opportunity to live and work in Thailand for 12 months. I had a thread and pics on this over at CP.... prolly gone now. Every workday I literally was on the train to Bangkok. We traveled almost every weekend and visited over 20 countries all in all.

How have you been?

That sounds like an amazing opportunity alright, I'd jump at that! I never made it to Thailand, but it seems like a place I'd enjoy. Everyone I know who's been there has loved it. Was Korea one of your 20 countries, by any chance?

I am indeed back in the west, although I've been working at the very northern extreme of the continent for the last five years. I run an atmospheric monitoring observatory up there for Environment and Climate Change Canada (a department of the federal government; imagine the EPA combined with NOAA), called the Dr. Neil Trivett Global Atmosphere Watch Observatory. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dr._Neil_Trivett_Global_Atmosphere_Watch_Observatory) We call it the 'GAW Lab' for short. It's a unique job in a part of the world that very few ever get to visit, let alone spend year after year exploring. My current rotation is four months on, four months off; I'm down south right now and I head back up the first week of September.

It's like living on another planet. The sun is up 24 hours a day from April 6th to September 5th, and then it's down 24 hours a day from October 14th to February 28th. The moon is up for two weeks at a time, then down for two weeks. While it's up, it does a clockwise wobble around the horizon, like the sun. The lab is located six kilometres south of the main station complex, so it's quite the journey in the dark season; we have Ford F-250s with tracks on them to get us there. Myself and my assistant operator (a co-op student) are the only people who venture that far from the station on a regular basis at that time of year. The best part is that, to avoid contaminating the air near the lab, we have to park our truck a half-kilometre away and walk the remainder. Hiking across the dead-silent tundra under the light of the Milky Way is hands-down the most magical thing I've ever experienced, it never gets old. In the winter, I have my head craned skywards for the entire walk, every single day.

Anyways, I could ramble on about this for ages...

• Like 7

How have you been?

That sounds like an amazing opportunity alright, I'd jump at that! I never made it to Thailand, but it seems like a place I'd enjoy. Everyone I know who's been there has loved it. Was Korea one of your 20 countries, by any chance?

I am indeed back in the west, although I've been working at the very northern extreme of the continent for the last five years. I run an atmospheric monitoring observatory up there for Environment and Climate Change Canada (a department of the federal government; imagine the EPA combined with NOAA), called the Dr. Neil Trivett Global Atmosphere Watch Observatory. (https://en.wikipedia...tch_Observatory) We call it the 'GAW Lab' for short. It's a unique job in a part of the world that very few ever get to visit, let alone spend year after year exploring. My current rotation is four months on, four months off; I'm down south right now and I head back up the first week of September.

It's like living on another planet. The sun is up 24 hours a day from April 6th to September 5th, and then it's down 24 hours a day from October 14th to February 28th. The moon is up for two weeks at a time, then down for two weeks. While it's up, it does a clockwise wobble around the horizon, like the sun. The lab is located six kilometres south of the main station complex, so it's quite the journey in the dark season; we have Ford F-250s with tracks on them to get us there. Myself and my assistant operator (a co-op student) are the only people who venture that far from the station on a regular basis at that time of year. The best part is that, to avoid contaminating the air near the lab, we have to park our truck a half-kilometre away and walk the remainder. Hiking across the dead-silent tundra under the light of the Milky Way is hands-down the most magical thing I've ever experienced, it never gets old. In the winter, I have my head craned skywards for the entire walk, every single day.

In about 10-12 years you'll have to take a boat, are you prepared for that?

How have you been?

I am indeed back in the west, although I've been working at the very northern extreme of the continent for the last five years. I run an atmospheric monitoring observatory up there for Environment and Climate Change Canada (a department of the federal government; imagine the EPA combined with NOAA), called the Dr. Neil Trivett Global Atmosphere Watch Observatory. (https://en.wikipedia...tch_Observatory) We call it the 'GAW Lab' for short. It's a unique job in a part of the world that very few ever get to visit, let alone spend year after year exploring. My current rotation is four months on, four months off; I'm down south right now and I head back up the first week of September.

Dude I remember when you were looking for a gig - looks like you found a killer one. Good for you,

• Like 1

In about 10-12 years you'll have to take a boat, are you prepared for that?

In all seriousness, you're not far off. It's astonishing how fast the ice is melting up there, the Arctic Ocean has lost about three feet of average ice thickness since 2004.

Dude I remember when you were looking for a gig - looks like you found a killer one. Good for you,

Thanks man! It's the best job I've ever had or ever will have, but I won't be able to do it much longer. It's a long story, but the short version is that Alert is primarily a signals intelligence station run by the military, and I've had about all I can take of the military lifestyle. The plan is to do two more tours and then move on to something else.

• Like 2