Vapor Trails vs Vapor Trails Remixed - 17 years later.

treeduck

Vapor Trails which version do you prefer now  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Which edition of Vapor Trails do you prefer now?

• Vapor Trails - the 2002 Original
    • Vapor Trails Remixed (2013)
    • I don't like the original and the remixed version did nothing to improve it

I love both. I treat each version like a different album. Vapor Trails is a searing, blistering set of emotionally charged attacks on the senses. The remix is a softer, polished compensation for the shite that was Test For Echo, with an overall different vibe.

I do favour the original, but I do particularly enjoy the remix on headphones.

Pretty much this for me as well. I prefer the original , still find it brilliant for the most part, and the remix is a Nice supplement

Edit: And I don't find Test For Echo shite , just less amazing than most other Rush albums :)

Edited by Freeze
  • Like 2

I have to say that I prefer the 2002 original version of Vapor Trails. The Remixed version is cleaner and you can hear some vocal parts better and some guitar leads better, but overall it waters down the rhythm guitars and totally neuters a lot of the songs particularly Ceiling Unlimited. It's the No Balls version.

Wow Pat!

This has to be one of your most bland polls I have ever seen in my 13 years on here.

I can't even vote. Both versions are shite.

"Vapor Trails" is to Rush what "St. Anus" I mean "Anger" is to Metallica.

Two albums that should have been pressed on high fiber organic toilet paper for the entire world to wipe with.

"The way out is the way in?"

You mean...

The way in is the way out of the poop shoot for audio excrement.

• Like 1

I'm surprised the original is getting so much love considering the crap it got for its production.

Wil, I was thinking of something like that a little bit earlier.

Edited by Derek19
  • Like 2

I have to say that I prefer the 2002 original version of Vapor Trails. The Remixed version is cleaner and you can hear some vocal parts better and some guitar leads better, but overall it waters down the rhythm guitars and totally neuters a lot of the songs particularly Ceiling Unlimited. It's the No Balls version.

Wow Pat!

This has to be one of your most bland polls I have ever seen in my 13 years on here.

Two albums that should have been pressed on high fiber organic toilet paper for the entire world to wipe with.

You mean...

Earl it's true heavy metal, it's too loud for you! Get your pipe and slippers out and get back to ABBA! :nya nya: :nya nya: :nya nya:

• Like 2

Wow Pat!

You mean...

Earl it's true heavy metal, it's too loud for you! Get your pipe and slippers out and get back to ABBA! :nya nya: :nya nya: :nya nya:

HAHAHAHAHA! Fair enough!

It's metal with no melody.

Boring, distorted crap with a horrific Geddy yodel. Give me Hocus Pocus instead. FOCUS PAT!

Give me some STYNX!!!!!!!

LOL!

• Like 1

Wow Pat!

You mean...

HAHAHAHAHA! Fair enough!

It's metal with no melody.

Boring, distorted crap with a horrific Geddy yodel. Give me Hocus Pocus instead. FOCUS PAT!

Give me some STYNX!!!!!!!

LOL!

:16ton: :16ton: :16ton: :16ton: :16ton:

• Like 1

Wow Pat!

You mean...

The third vote option is for you despite no anuses being mentioned there

• Like 1

Wow Pat!

You mean...

I was going to mention that but what the heck.

Another thing is, it's nearly the same thing as saying a band, and group, and their music, who a person likes uses the word "Shit" in a small sentence. What will some other people think of to post in, and on a thread in, and on a forum just for other people to read? I don't know.

I'm guessing you are referring to my post in this thread.

I hate to break it to you sunbeam, but it's called an opinion and we all have them.

Can't handle that?....tough titty, lifes shitty :-)

My 2 cents... it took a few years for the album to grow on me, but that's the way almost ALL of the Rush albums have been for me since the 90's. In fact, every single album since GUP has been that way for me, some more than others. I tend to like just a couple of songs initially, then after seeing the show and hearing them play the songs live, I end up liking a few more. Then as time goes on, the songs grow on me even more, and I start hearing them and appreciating them a little differently. Of course there are always some songs on every album that just don't ever end up grabbing me. But I like at least 8 of the 13 songs from Vapor Trails, and I prefer the Remix. Edited by Cmutt

I could not even listen to the original, I got a big headache (not my favorite headache :P ) every time I listened to it, already after a song. When the remixed got released, it was like a full whole new record! And I could finally enjoy it! Now its one of my favorite modern Rush records! So thats the version I put my vote on!
  • Like 2

My 2 cents... it took a few years for the album to grow on me, but that's the way almost ALL of the Rush albums have been for me since the 90's. In fact, every single album since GUP has been that way for me, some more than others. I tend to like just a couple of songs initially, then after seeing the show and hearing them play the songs live, I end up liking a few more. Then as time goes on, the songs grow on me even more, and I start hearing them and appreciating them a little differently. Of course there are always some songs on every album that just don't ever end up grabbing me. But I like at least 8 of the 13 songs from Vapor Trails, and I prefer the Remix.

:goodone:

The remix totally kicks the vapors right out of the original version's butt. It's like comparing apples and orangutans. I have not listened to the original even once since I got the remix. I had despised the original's sound quality with every fiber of my being. The remix is like a gift from Heaven. I bask within it's warming glow.
  • Like 3

Wow Pat!

You mean...

I was going to mention that but what the heck.

Hahaha! My new "dick"name I mean nickname boyz? "Saint Arsehole?"

• Like 1

I think the remix does sound a bit better alas I still can't vote because both stink like flinging monkey shit in the San Francisco Zoo!

I would rather put my head in a YYZebra's uterus than listen to such horrid sonic chalkboard scratching sounds. Geddy's yodeling on "One Little Victory" makes me want put red hot ice picks in my earholes!!

Ironically I loved this album when it came out!

I think the remix does sound a bit better alas I still can't vote because both stink like flinging monkey shit in the San Francisco Zoo!

I would rather put my head in a YYZebra's uterus than listen to such horrid sonic chalkboard scratching sounds. Geddy's yodeling on "One Little Victory" makes me want put red hot ice picks in my earholes!!

Click option number three Earl.

This is what it says:

OPTION 3:

Edited by treeduck
  • Like 2

Click option number three Earl.

This is what it says:

OPTION 3:

HAHAHAHA! You know I'm fuckking with you right? It's not about "like." It's about I CAN'T STAND IT!

Another thing is, it's nearly the same thing as saying a band, and group, and their music, who a person likes uses the word "Shit" in a small sentence. What will some other people think of to post in, and on a thread in, and on a forum just for other people to read? I don't know.

I hate to break it to you sunbeam, but it's called an opinion and we all have them.

Fridge, I'm a bright, smart, and shining person. I can handle, and dish it out, too. What about you? My life, and in general, life isn't close to being that. I wonder what your's must, and might be like. If you were, and are, or aren't, and weren't a musician, why don't you try recording, and making really good music. Without knowing anything, and anything else, I can come to my own conclusions, too. There are, and we do have opinions, but there are useful ones for people to know, and maybe, try to help. I don't know about you, but I was brought up, and said that "If you don't have anything nice, and worthwhile to say about something, and someone, especially behind a computer's monitor, then don't, and shouldn't say anything at all". I could say something worse to you, then what you decided to say to me behind a computer's monitor, and screen, but I don't, and am not the type of person, who does say names to people they don't know on, and in that including on, and in forums, and threads, and not face-to-face, too.

Edited by Derek19

Fridge, I'm a bright, smart, and shining person. I can handle, and dish it out, too. What about you? My life, and in general, life isn't close to being that. I wonder what your's must, and might be like. If you were, and are, or aren't, and weren't a musician, why don't you try recording, and making really good music. Without knowing anything, and anything else, I can come to my own conclusions, too. There are, and we do have opinions, but there are useful ones for people to know, and maybe, try to help. I don't know about you, but I was brought up, and said that "If you don't have anything nice, and worthwhile to say about something, and someone, especially behind a computer's monitor, then don't, and shouldn't say anything at all". I could say something worse to you, then what you decided to say to me behind a computer's monitor, and screen, but I don't, and am not the type of person, who does say names to people they don't know on, and in that including on, and in forums, and threads, and not face-to-face, too.

A sermon from a newbie?.....I love it.

Believe me, anything I say here I would happily repeat to anyone's face, it's just words and water off a ducks back.

Lighten up a little, eh?