a personal message?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Marc Day

Marc Day

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:My wonderful wife, Rush, Killing Joke, bass guitar, model making (also my job). Getting the most out of life without killing myself.

Posted 25 January 2019 - 08:54 PM

Hi All,

My first post.
Does anyone know how I could get a message to the guys?
I've been a fan for almost 40 years and since the announcement of Neil's retirement and the end of the band as we know it, I've felt compelled to send the band a personal message of thanks for all the years of enjoyment and entertainment they've provided.
It would mean a great deal to me to know that they got my message.

Marc.

Sponsored Post

#2 blueschica

blueschica

What the Puck?

• Members
  • 8974 posts
  • Interests:Camping, gardening, muscle cars, NASCAR, Rush!

Posted 25 January 2019 - 10:23 PM

View PostMarc Day, on 25 January 2019 - 08:54 PM, said:

Hi All,

My first post.
Does anyone know how I could get a message to the guys?
I've been a fan for almost 40 years and since the announcement of Neil's retirement and the end of the band as we know it, I've felt compelled to send the band a personal message of thanks for all the years of enjoyment and entertainment they've provided.
It would mean a great deal to me to know that they got my message.

Marc.
Welcome to TRF! :hi:  The standard answer used to be to send a note to the Anthem/SRO office in Toronto. That might still work but I'm not sure since the guys have retired. Another idea would be to try instagram. Geddy appears to run his own account (@geddyimages). There is one for Rush (@rush) as well but that's more like a marketing one. (Alex doesn't have one, and neither does Neil.) If you made an Instagram post on Geddy's account at least he might see it, although it seems like he rarely replies unless it's a personal friend posting. (I got nuthin' besides that.) Good luck!

Edited by blueschica, 25 January 2019 - 10:25 PM.

#3 J2112YYZ

J2112YYZ

The Oracle

• Members
  • 12534 posts

Posted 26 January 2019 - 12:06 AM

Social media is probably the best way to do that now. But if you've spent money on their albums and concert tickets and have enjoyed being a fan all these years then you've already given them your thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users