ANTHRAX: "STATE OF EUPHORIA" Gets A Double Disc Reissue! You Like????

RUSHHEAD666

Not a big fan of Anthrax but I've always loved "State Of Euphoria." This reissue is pretty sweet. In a cool digital-pak format featuring them on covers of RIP Mag and Headbanger's Ball. The bonus disc is entitled "Charlie's Archives."

Kind of funny about Duck's Poll about that pole smoking tool Eddie Drunk. The same night I met him in the lobby of The Joint Scott Ian was the DJ that night. Very nice guy! Was able to hang out with the Queensryche boyz and Mikkey Fukking Dee!!! Great night of METAL!!!!

• Like 2

Some cool songs on it. Be All End All and Who Cares Wins are two big favourites of mine but the album is nowhere close to their best work and really isn't worth a reissue. Even the band said that it was not anywhere close to being as good as it could have been since the record company forced them to rush the album so they could get a follow up to Among The Living out right away.

Saw them with Slayer last summer and Be All End All was amazing live. Anthrax is one of those bands that does the same old same old in the sets but man is that band one of the tightest sounding I've ever heard live.

• Like 1

By the way..I'll be interviewing Frankie Bello tomorrow! He's promoting his new band with Dave Ellefson, "Altitudes and Attitude".

Two awesome bassists!

• Like 1

Not a big fan of Anthrax but I've always loved "State Of Euphoria." This reissue is pretty sweet. In a cool digital-pak format featuring them on covers of RIP Mag and Headbanger's Ball. The bonus disc is entitled "Charlie's Archives."

Kind of funny about Duck's Poll about that pole smoking tool Eddie Drunk. The same night I met him in the lobby of The Joint Scott Ian was the DJ that night. Very nice guy! Was able to hang out with the Queensryche boyz and Mikkey Fukking Dee!!! Great night of METAL!!!!

Earl Eddie Punk is walking the streets of Los Angeles at night Whoring himself out to blind hobos!

Underrated album, plenty of great cuts. Haven't heard the anniversary edition, but I bet it's great.

Plenty of great cuts? Besides the two songs I mentioned before what do you think is great on it?

Antisocial. I know it's a cover, but I love it. And Now It's Dark is cool too.

• Like 1

all the surrounding records are better but its still better than all the john bush stuff

The stuff with Bush crushes State Of Euphoria. I prefer his voice over Joey's. Belladonna is a great technical singer but lacked any emotion in his voice until the last two Anthrax albums. Bush has that raw, honest emotion in his voice and brought a whole new element to the band. Belladonna followed that when he returned by being a more aggressive and emotive singer than he ever was before.

• Like 2

all the surrounding records are better but its still better than all the john bush stuff

The stuff with Bush crushes State Of Euphoria. I prefer his voice over Joey's. Belladonna is a great technical singer but lacked any emotion in his voice until the last two Anthrax albums. Bush has that raw, honest emotion in his voice and brought a whole new element to the band. Belladonna followed that when he returned by being a more aggressive and emotive singer than he ever was before.

just sounds like bro douche music to me

Underrated album, plenty of great cuts. Haven't heard the anniversary edition, but I bet it's great.

Plenty of great cuts? Besides the two songs I mentioned before what do you think is great on it?

Make Me Laugh

Schism

Finale

Now It's Dark

Out Of Sight Out Of Mind

I really enjoy pretty much every song here. Only thing is none of them are quite as great as their best songs on other records, but there are also songs on some of those records I don't like as much as the majority here.

I love Anthrax, and State was my first album by them. I know it's unpopular as a followup to Among, but State is very good.

I'm one of the lucky ones who continued really liking Anthrax when Bush came on. In fact, I think those albums are superior. And now that Belladonna is back they are still making great music.

It seems that for me with Charlie, Frank, and Scott I have everything I need for great Anthrax.

Frank seems to be underappreciated with all the attention Scott gets and Charlie's drumming speaks for itself- but Frank is very important to Anthrax and has long had a big hand in arrangements.

Look forward to the interview.

• Like 2

I love Anthrax, and State was my first album by them. I know it's unpopular as a followup to Among, but State is very good.

I'm one of the lucky ones who continued really liking Anthrax when Bush came on. In fact, I think those albums are superior. And now that Belladonna is back they are still making great music.

It seems that for me with Charlie, Frank, and Scott I have everything I need for great Anthrax.

Frank seems to be underappreciated with all the attention Scott gets and Charlie's drumming speaks for itself- but Frank is very important to Anthrax and has long had a big hand in arrangements.

Look forward to the interview.

I'll post it here when it's published - I sent everything to the editor last night for publishing, but he runs the show and has his own ideas of when to publish interviews.