Clockwork Angels Epiphany

tks95747

I loved CA when it came out and still do. The Garden is a masterpiece and is so fitting to be the last song on the last Rush album.

I agree... It drips with emotion...

sap?

I liked CA when it first came out.

It hasn't aged well for me.

I don't listen to it anymore.

That doesn't sound like the AG I used to know...people's tastes change I guess... good music doesn't change in my mind...always been that way for me...

2QaJ2Se.jpg

"Doesn't sound like the AG you used to know"... :eh:

I've never claimed to like everything in Rush's discography.

I've always been critical and opinionated about the songs I don't like and what I don't like about them.

I've never been anything other than exactly this person on line. Never.

Go suck an egg, ORF. I didn't ask you for your opinion of me, nor your opinion of CA.

Abolutely did NOT mean to offend you AG. You were always one of my favorite people on CP. Didn't we connect on Billy Thorpes' "Children Of The Sun" album? I remember that deal...And Yes, I remember your 'attitude' from back then, but I never begrudged you of it. Like I said, I've always liked you. Sorry to have overreached in the last post. I just assumed people on a RUSH board generally liked all of their music like I do. My bad.

JfBqEb7.jpg

Once upon a time, in the halcyon days of CP, we were friends. I sent you banana bread when you had a death in the family. You sent me the Billy Thorpe album (I only ever still listen to Children of the sun, it is my favorite song, period. I don't listen to the rest). But somewhere along the way, during the final days of old/new CP during the Bored/Board wars you changed. All of a sudden friends turned on friends, Bored, some of whom had been around loyally since the beginning of CP, became the enemy and blamed for 'trying to break the board', even though we were perfectly willing to work w/ SUndie and the admins to close the (then) current bloated Bored thread that was weighing the board down and open up a new one to optimize the rest of the board. Yes we were willing to do that, no big deal, we understood and were willing to do what it took...but we became pariahs. Purposefully (according to the admins and sycophants, of which you were one) trying to break the board. SUndie was sucked up to by Ken, Julie and board members like you and effectively you ran us off. Fast forward three years and the entire Counterparts Message Board was wiped clean...why?! Because That asshole SUndie left the board on a server at a place HE DIDN'T EVEN WORK AT ANYMORE!! And they wiped the server clean. Ooops, there goes CP. SUndie, the guy you guys sucked up to incessantly, that we warned you didn't give a damn about the board itself, effectively destroyed it.

Fast forward to new/new CP (circa whenever the last time you hung out there) and you were kind of an asshole as well...lecturing people on how to behave whilst pretty much being an asshole yourself.

So there, ORF, my reason for reacting to you the way I do. Rush and our selective tastes in their music has very little to do with it.

• Like 3

That doesn't sound like the AG I used to know...people's tastes change I guess... good music doesn't change in my mind...always been that way for me...

2QaJ2Se.jpg

I've always been critical and opinionated about the songs I don't like and what I don't like about them.

Go suck an egg, ORF. I didn't ask you for your opinion of me, nor your opinion of CA.

Go girl!

;)

• Like 2

2QaJ2Se.jpg

Go girl!

;)

×2

• Like 1

I loved CA when it came out and still do. The Garden is a masterpiece and is so fitting to be the last song on the last Rush album.

sap?

2QaJ2Se.jpg

Abolutely did NOT mean to offend you AG. You were always one of my favorite people on CP. Didn't we connect on Billy Thorpes' "Children Of The Sun" album? I remember that deal...And Yes, I remember your 'attitude' from back then, but I never begrudged you of it. Like I said, I've always liked you. Sorry to have overreached in the last post. I just assumed people on a RUSH board generally liked all of their music like I do. My bad.

JfBqEb7.jpg

Once upon a time, in the halcyon days of CP, we were friends. I sent you banana bread when you had a death in the family. You sent me the Billy Thorpe album (I only ever still listen to Children of the sun, it is my favorite song, period. I don't listen to the rest). But somewhere along the way, during the final days of old/new CP during the Bored/Board wars you changed. All of a sudden friends turned on friends, Bored, some of whom had been around loyally since the beginning of CP, became the enemy and blamed for 'trying to break the board', even though we were perfectly willing to work w/ SUndie and the admins to close the (then) current bloated Bored thread that was weighing the board down and open up a new one to optimize the rest of the board. Yes we were willing to do that, no big deal, we understood and were willing to do what it took...but we became pariahs. Purposefully (according to the admins and sycophants, of which you were one) trying to break the board. SUndie was sucked up to by Ken, Julie and board members like you and effectively you ran us off. Fast forward three years and the entire Counterparts Message Board was wiped clean...why?! Because That asshole SUndie left the board on a server at a place HE DIDN'T EVEN WORK AT ANYMORE!! And they wiped the server clean. Ooops, there goes CP. SUndie, the guy you guys sucked up to incessantly, that we warned you didn't give a damn about the board itself, effectively destroyed it.

Fast forward to new/new CP (circa whenever the last time you hung out there) and you were kind of an asshole as well...lecturing people on how to behave whilst pretty much being an asshole yourself.

So there, ORF, my reason for reacting to you the way I do. Rush and our selective tastes in their music has very little to do with it.

Thanks, AG, your explanation makes sense to my older, addled brain, and I'm sorry for any hurt that was given to the folks at CP by myself. The Banana Bread was EXCELLENT! I NEVER WANTED to become an Asshole, or hurt that board or it's membership. Please accept my apology!

Gi01RWE.gif

• Like 3

sap?

2QaJ2Se.jpg

JfBqEb7.jpg

You really need to work on not pulling your punches. ;)

• Like 2

sap?

2QaJ2Se.jpg

JfBqEb7.jpg

Thanks, AG, your explanation makes sense to my older, addled brain, and I'm sorry for any hurt that was given to the folks at CP by myself. The Banana Bread was EXCELLENT! I NEVER WANTED to become an Asshole, or hurt that board or it's membership. Please accept my apology!

Gi01RWE.gif

I accept, and thanks.

• Like 1

sap?

2QaJ2Se.jpg

JfBqEb7.jpg

You really need to work on not pulling your punches. ;)

:P

Do I?

I don't know if I can do that.

• Like 2

I've liked all of Rush's music that they recorded, and released. I felt I haven't needed to bitch, complain, moan, and whine, and think, and say anything negative about any of their music as it's been awesome by describing one word. Edited by Derek19
  • Like 1

I've liked all of Rush's music that they recorded, and released. I felt I haven't needed to bitch, complain, moan, and whine, and think, and say anything negative about any of their music as it's been awesome by describing one word.

Alex, is that you?

• Like 6

Loved CA when I first heard it. Still love it now. The production is louder than it aught to be, but the compositions, performances, sequencing, and atmosphere are all top notch.
  • Like 4

I've liked all of Rush's music that they recorded, and released. I felt I haven't needed to bitch, complain, moan, and whine, and think, and say anything negative about any of their music as it's been awesome by describing one word.

Alex, is that you?

No, Lorraine. I'm not a guy, and man named Alex, and I'm not Alex, from Rush either. My actual, and real name is Derek. If your actual, and real name is Lorraine, then it's nice, and pleasure to meet you on, and in here.

Edited by Derek19
  • Like 1

Alex, is that you?

No, Lorraine. I'm not a guy, and man named Alex, and I'm not Alex, from Rush either. My actual, and real name is Derek. If your actual, and real name is Lorraine, then it's nice, and pleasure to meet you on, and in here.

Derek, nice to meet you.

I was joking. We do that sometimes on here. :)

Glad you're here.

• Like 2

Alex, is that you?

Derek, nice to meet you.

Glad you're here.

How dare you pick on my new friend Lorraine.

We never joke on this forum.

I have been 2112% serious on this Forum for over 13 years.

VAPOR TRAILS IS SHITE! LOL!

• Like 1

"Testicles For Echo" is great musically. Lyrically Neil's weakest writing point.

"Snakes" makes my booty shake like an earthquake.

"Clockwork" is a musical masterpiece. Should have been an instrumental record. Geddy's voice makes me shiver and quiver. Makes me want to drink a bottle of Sinatra Jack and kill my liver.

• Like 1

Alex, is that you?

Derek, nice to meet you.

Glad you're here.

:oops:

So sorry, Earl. I lost my head.

Alex, is that you?

Derek, nice to meet you.

Glad you're here.

:oops:

So sorry, Earl. I lost my head.

No silly!!! I was totally joking. I was being sarcastic. I'm rarely serious on here. Sorry! All good!!! Your head is fine!!

• Like 1

Alex, is that you?

Derek, nice to meet you.

Glad you're here.

Lorraine, Thank you. I'm glad, to be here. Everything is, and has been fine, and great. :)

• Like 1

sap?

Maple Syrup ;) Edited by tks95747

Clockwork Angels is truly a masterpiece. It is a story laid out in the form of an album that takes us through a young man's journey through life...It is very universal...It is perfect ending catalog piece to Rush's discography.

It's also a very consistent album. I don't want to skip any tracks. Doing that, of course, would ruin the story's continuity.

• Like 3

Clockwork Angels is truly a masterpiece. It is a story laid out in the form of an album that takes us through a young man's journey through life...It is very universal...It is perfect ending catalog piece to Rush's discography.

It's also a very consistent album. I don't want to skip any tracks. Doing that, of course, would ruin the story's continuity.

I've created a CA playlist that deletes certain tracks and also re-orders the songs. I find that it vastly improves the album for me. :)

I don't understand the appeal of CA. I've tried to like it, but it just comes across as a re-heated album-length version of 2112, albeit lacking the directness, earnestness and youthful naivete that made that piece so powerful. Neil abandoned fictional narrative concepts in the 70s and I don't know why he felt the need to re-visit that format. Musically, it's a bunch of half-baked ideas stitched together into songs, none of which really hold together. (The lone exception is The Garden, which is the only redeeming feature of the album.) Every now and then I sit down and try to listen to it, but I rarely make it more than halfway through before getting distracted or bored.

I feel similarly about S&A, though. Again, it was a case of Neil doing an album-length exploration of something he'd already done more concisely and effectively in the past. Faithless can't hold a candle to Freewill or Roll the Bones. I find S&A more melodically interesting than CA, though, so I do listen to it here and there.

Edited by Rush Didact
  • Like 2

If CA was remixed,reordered (The title song should've been the lead off track and two minutes shaved off of it) and three or four of the weaker songs dropped that didn't effect the storyline, I'd probably like it better. Wouldn't love it but would consider promoting it above its current status of "drink coaster"