Rush fan day at RRHOF

Laurabw

I was able to get a ticket through their weird lottery system. Did anyone else? We can have a mini TRF meetup during/after the event if anyone's interested.

There is supposed to be a Rushcon sponsored party after the RRHOF event; I haven't heard any details but let me know if you would like them, I'll ask someone.

And take photos !!!

I got a notice about the RushCon event. It included a meet and greet with Alex and “VIP Acess” to the book signing. From what I understand, there were only 30 tickets available for it. I’m sure they sold out in minutes (or minute!)

Edited by Mr. JD
  • Like 1

I was able to get a ticket through their weird lottery system. Did anyone else? We can have a mini TRF meetup during/after the event if anyone's interested.

There is supposed to be a Rushcon sponsored party after the RRHOF event; I haven't heard any details but let me know if you would like them, I'll ask someone.

And take photos !!!

I got a notice about the RushCon event. It included a meet and greet with Alex and “VIP Acess” to the book signing. From what I understand, there were only 30 tickets available for it. I’m sure they sold out in minutes (or minute!)

Wow, only 30 people is really VIP! What fun to speak with Alex and Geddy the same day, though. :)

The weather may not be cooperating for travelers it seems. Hope someone records the Q&A..

It is going to be a Facebook live broadcast showing up on the RRHOF page! And it will be carried live on SiriusXM, classic vinyl channel 26, with several rebroadcasts throughout the week. If I can get it somehow I will put it up.

odSgXfql.jpg

• Like 3

Am I the only one of us that'll be there tomorrow? I must be deranged!

no...lucky

no...lucky

Totally lucky. I really wanted to go. I think it would’ve been fun to hang out with so many fans for the weekend.

no...lucky

• Like 1

Also there:

4XT98xT.jpg?1

I was able to get a ticket at 9 AM yesterday and drive out to Cleveland from Pittsburgh. It was such an amazing day. First time I got to meet with Geddy. Super pumped.

50259539_10218312355784289_7370844005187190784_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ht=scontent.fagc1-2.fna&oh=d246fcc2ec316e1f5de54279dd34efe8&oe=5CCB3E10

These are such great photos! I'm very jealous. We live in Pa also but 4 hrs east of Pittsburgh, and I wasn't able to make this.

• Like 2

I was able to get a ticket at 9 AM yesterday and drive out to Cleveland from Pittsburgh. It was such an amazing day. First time I got to meet with Geddy. Super pumped.

We reserved a hotel on Sunday and were not able to get tickets online...we went on faith anyway and were able to buy two tickets at the door...God is amazing...he told us to go...we went...and a desire of my heart was fulfilled...We came from Pittsburgh too.
  • Like 4

Well it looks like the ink is smudging now after opening the book a couple of times. Anybody know anything about protecting glossy paper?

Not a lot you can do, unfortunately. Because the paper is gloss the ink just sits on top of it, as opposed to an uncoated paper where the ink would soak in and be less likely to smudge. And if he had just used a regular ball point pen that would have helped as well.

I guess just leave the book open and over time it should probably dry.

Well it looks like the ink is smudging now after opening the book a couple of times. Anybody know anything about protecting glossy paper?

Not a lot you can do, unfortunately. Because the paper is gloss the ink just sits on top of it, as opposed to an uncoated paper where the ink would soak in and be less likely to smudge. And if he had just used a regular ball point pen that would have helped as well.

That's the plan. It's been sitting out for the last 13 hours. I figured after 48, it'd be fine...

That's the plan. It's been sitting out for the last 13 hours. I figured after 48, it'd be fine...

Should have been fine.

I kept the book open from the time he signed it until the day after. It was open on the back seat of the car for the drive home. I wasn't taking any chances.

• Like 1

I think I waited about 10 minutes when I got my book signed. No smudge as long as you don’t fondle it too much. I have the DVD from a signing with Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley, and that one I was too impatient, so a tiny bit of ink got transferred to the inner surface of the outer slipcase, but the signatures still are fine.
  • Like 2

I have an off wall request...I am writing a review/article/personal experience of the Rush Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Fan Day...I met a few of you there, and I brought my dragon Nebby, if you have any pictures of my dragon...would you please send them to me with your names(if you want your names included)...this is for our online magazine ...thank you so much...

https://thedragonline.wordpress.com/

• Like 1