Geddy to be guest DJ on SiriusXM this Thursday, 1/10/19

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 blueschica

blueschica

What the Puck?

• Members
  • 8070 posts
  • Interests:Camping, gardening, muscle cars, NASCAR, Rush!

Posted 07 January 2019 - 12:06 PM

Totally lifted from Rushisaband.com -  I know some folks here have Sirius . . .

"Sirius XM's Classic Rewind announced earlier this morning that Geddy Lee will be a guest DJ on the station this coming Thursday, January 10th at 3PM EST (thanks John at [Cygnus-X1.net]). Classic Rewind focuses on classic rock music from the '70s and '80s, and can be heard on channel 25 on Sirius XM Radio or on Dish Network channel 6025. DJ Kristine Stone normally operates the 11AM-5PM time slot where Geddy will be guesting, and is a well-known Rush fan; her promo spots include Limelight playing in the background with Kristine's tagline of "...and then there's Rush...my happy place..." Now that the Holidays are over, it looks like Geddy is picking up where he left off a couple of weeks ago, and continuing his PR blitz for his recently-released Big Beautiful Book of Bass. Geddy is expected to announce more book signing events this week, so perhaps he'll be doing that on Thursday if not sooner."

Sponsored Post

#2 Laurabw

Laurabw

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 732 posts
  • Interests:golf, hockey, skiing, ballet, Grad School of Rock

Posted 07 January 2019 - 12:50 PM

Yep! I wasn't surprised to hear this, she's a huge fan.

#3 HalfwayToGone

HalfwayToGone

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 973 posts
  • Interests:Music—listening and performing.

Posted 08 January 2019 - 08:48 AM

Guess I’ll be on the lookout for a Thurs eve or Friday appearance at a B&N in manhattan.

#4 Laurabw

Laurabw

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 732 posts

Posted 08 January 2019 - 11:38 AM

But it's two days from now I don't think they would do it with that short of notice

#5 JohnRogers

JohnRogers

Holy Tai Shan!!!

• Members *
  • 30250 posts

Posted 08 January 2019 - 12:05 PM

I do have to take my mother to the hospital Thursday afternoon...score!

#6 Laurabw

Laurabw

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 732 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 07:58 AM

My friend works at sirius and he said Geddy is going to be there today. I guess it's just airing on Thursday.

Edited by Laurabw, 09 January 2019 - 07:58 AM.

#7 HalfwayToGone

HalfwayToGone

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 973 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 10:42 AM

He was on Q104.3 the other day, and there is a link to the interview on RIAB.  If he wants to avoid guys going on ebay and pre-selling personalized signed books, he’d announce it the same day it happens, but I have no clue if he only will do events the way the first two were done, or the B&N “just show up, buy a book, and get in the back of the 5000 person line blocks away.”

#8 Jag2112

Jag2112

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 607 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 11:01 AM

CORRECTION:  He'll be the guest DJ on 80's on 8, not Classic Rewind (I just heard the ad).  It's odd - Rush is played often on Classic Rewind, but I've never heard them get played on 80s on 8.

Whatever...should still be good. I hope.

#9 HalfwayToGone

HalfwayToGone

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 973 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 01:48 PM

Cleveland Jan. 19th event just announced including a book signing.  Q&A with Geddy and Alex.  Maybe there won’t be a Manhattan thing after all.

#10 Laurabw

Laurabw

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 732 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 02:39 PM

I'm sure there will be a Manhattan thing. I mean, i don't know that for a fact, but it's a huge market. Lots of people couldn't get to NJ or Tronno or Cleveland.

#11 blueschica

blueschica

What the Puck?

• Members
  • 8070 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 04:26 PM

View PostJag2112, on 09 January 2019 - 11:01 AM, said:

CORRECTION:  He'll be the guest DJ on 80's on 8, not Classic Rewind (I just heard the ad).  It's odd - Rush is played often on Classic Rewind, but I've never heard them get played on 80s on 8.

Whatever...should still be good. I hope.

Thanks, Jag!  I had just seen that as well.  I hope he's on somewhere tomorrow at 3!  :lol:

#12 ytserush

ytserush

The Professor

• Members *
  • 4533 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 06:23 PM

View PostHalfwayToGone, on 09 January 2019 - 10:42 AM, said:

He was on Q104.3 the other day, and there is a link to the interview on RIAB.  If he wants to avoid guys going on ebay and pre-selling personalized signed books, he’d announce it the same day it happens, but I have no clue if he only will do events the way the first two were done, or the B&N “just show up, buy a book, and get in the back of the 5000 person line blocks away.”

Doesn't sound like a lot of fun. I'll probably pass on that Barnes and Noble should it occur.

#13 ytserush

ytserush

The Professor

• Members *
  • 4533 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 06:39 PM

View Postblueschica, on 07 January 2019 - 12:06 PM, said:

Totally lifted from Rushisaband.com -  I know some folks here have Sirius . . .

"Sirius XM's Classic Rewind announced earlier this morning that Geddy Lee will be a guest DJ on the station this coming Thursday, January 10th at 3PM EST (thanks John at [Cygnus-X1.net]). Classic Rewind focuses on classic rock music from the '70s and '80s, and can be heard on channel 25 on Sirius XM Radio or on Dish Network channel 6025. DJ Kristine Stone normally operates the 11AM-5PM time slot where Geddy will be guesting, and is a well-known Rush fan; her promo spots include Limelight playing in the background with Kristine's tagline of "...and then there's Rush...my happy place..." Now that the Holidays are over, it looks like Geddy is picking up where he left off a couple of weeks ago, and continuing his PR blitz for his recently-released Big Beautiful Book of Bass. Geddy is expected to announce more book signing events this week, so perhaps he'll be doing that on Thursday if not sooner."

Hopefully someone records the Geddy parts on you tube along with the playlist.

#14 HalfwayToGone

HalfwayToGone

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 973 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 07:01 AM

View Postytserush, on 09 January 2019 - 06:23 PM, said:

View PostHalfwayToGone, on 09 January 2019 - 10:42 AM, said:

Doesn't sound like a lot of fun. I'll probably pass on that Barnes and Noble should it occur.
That’s how the Ace Frehley one was.  I forget how many blocks away from the door I was when I got on line.  The Tony Iommi one I ended up getting there way early since I went right from the Ace Frehley signing to the other store in Tribecca, so I have no idea how big that line got.  I was pretty close to the start of the line and waiting in the same room where the table was set up.  Anyway, as much as Laura is confident, I’m wondering if the NJ stop will be the only NYC area one since it’s a manageable set-up for the author.  They can set a limited total number of books and guarantee the person isn’t stuck there until they have a nervous breakdown or get carpal tunnel syndrome.  Not sure if anyplace in Manhattan is already set up for a limited pre-sale type of event or how quickly one could slap it together.  Bookends has been at it for years.

#15 Rushman14

Rushman14

Mr. Hollywood

• Members *
  • 12036 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 02:40 PM

im ready

#16 GeddysMullet

GeddysMullet

Non-Binary

• Members
  • 5326 posts
  • Interests:music, books, documentary films, parrots, long hair, big noses

Posted 10 January 2019 - 03:30 PM

His choices are interesting.  And even if there's no Rush happening, it is just so nice to have Geddy around a bit again :wub:

#17 Laurabw

Laurabw

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 732 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 03:44 PM

Ahhh, he chose One from Metallica.  ❤️

#18 Rushman14

Rushman14

Mr. Hollywood

• Members *
  • 12036 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 04:07 PM

View PostGeddysMullet, on 10 January 2019 - 03:30 PM, said:

His choices are interesting.  And even if there's no Rush happening, it is just so nice to have Geddy around a bit again :wub:

the Stevie Nicks pick was odd. Nothing interesting about the bass in that song

#19 Rushman14

Rushman14

Mr. Hollywood

• Members *
  • 12036 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 04:24 PM

View PostLaurabw, on 10 January 2019 - 03:44 PM, said:

Ahhh, he chose One from Metallica.  ❤️

yeah except the bass is non-existent on that album

#20 blueschica

blueschica

What the Puck?

• Members
  • 8070 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 05:45 PM

I enjoyed when he played Once In A Lifetime from the Talking Heads.  David Byrne always got all the attention and I appreciated the mention of Tina Weymouth.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users