Greta Van Fleet sounds like Rush??

• Please log in to reply
264 replies to this topic

#261 Entre_Perpetuo

Entre_Perpetuo

Queenmaster

• Members
  • 6650 posts
  • Interests:Music, architecture, and childhood hobbies.

Posted 25 May 2019 - 08:30 PM

View PostThunder Bay Rush, on 25 May 2019 - 07:57 PM, said:

Well... whether or not you like Josh's "groovy" pants or his "weird" stage clothes is irrelevant.  I heard from many people that they blew Twenty One Pilots (headliner) away last night as they played right before them.  That was at the Boston Calling Festival.  The word among industry bands right now is  - good luck if you go on after GVF... they are a very hard act to follow.  

Right now, it's 9 pm, EST and they're about to go on stage (they're own headline show with Ida Mae opening up for them) at the Forest Hills Stadium in Queens... 14,000 people.  There will be some youtube camera footage of this sometime tomorrow... check it out if you dare.  They will turn that stadium on its ass.

For the record, I don't like Josh's pants either... but, Jesus CHRIST that kid can sing!

You have an article talking about GVF vs. 21P’s performance at the festival? 21P are one of the most popular acts around right now, a veritable follow up to what MCR were in the 00’s. I’d be surprised if a bunch of high school and college kids at a festival cheered louder for an upcoming classic rock throwback group than 21P at the peak of their career.

Sponsored Post

#262 Three Eyes

Three Eyes

The Seeker

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 26 May 2019 - 01:42 AM

The word among industry bands right now is  - good luck if you go on after GVF... they are a very hard act to follow.  

That's because the stoned audience thinks it just saw Zeppelin. :oops:

#263 rftag

rftag

The Seeker

• Members *
  • 344 posts
  • Interests:Scuba diving, travel, science, philosophy, wildlife, skepticism, belief systems, consciousness

Posted 27 May 2019 - 10:42 PM

Well... whether or not you like Josh's "groovy" pants or his "weird" stage clothes is irrelevant.  I heard from many people that they blew Twenty One Pilots (headliner) away last night as they played right before them.  That was at the Boston Calling Festival.  The word among industry bands right now is  - good luck if you go on after GVF... they are a very hard act to follow.  

Right now, it's 9 pm, EST and they're about to go on stage (they're own headline show with Ida Mae opening up for them) at the Forest Hills Stadium in Queens... 14,000 people.  There will be some youtube camera footage of this sometime tomorrow... check it out if you dare.  They will turn that stadium on its ass.

For the record, I don't like Josh's pants either... but, Jesus CHRIST that kid can sing!

Ida Mae was the opening act at my show also. Husband and wife from the UK.

#264 Thunder Bay Rush

Thunder Bay Rush

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1336 posts
  • Interests:Rush, Rush, Rush, drums, living off-grid, fishing, hunting, cooking, gardening, raising and growing my own food! Farting in crowded elevators... silent or otherwise.

Posted 28 May 2019 - 08:06 AM

Okay, I just can't help myself... for any of you GVF doubters, I dare you to watch / listen to the youtube video below.  It's from one year ago, a live "in studio" gig at a radio station in LA.  The sound is perfect and this will give you an example of their talent without 10,000 people screaming.

The second song, Flower Power, is especially worthy of a listen.  By the way, these guys are barely out of high school.  

https://www.youtube....h?v=-aqedhixX6Y

They're in Toronto tonight, two nights sold out at the Ontario Place Amphitheater.

#265 Three Eyes

Three Eyes

The Seeker

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 28 May 2019 - 10:25 AM

View Postgoose, on 21 May 2019 - 08:18 AM, said:

View PostThree Eyes, on 21 May 2019 - 12:29 AM, said:

Posted Image
Someone should get him a mirror

For Pete's sake, he even copies Plant's bulge!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users