Greta Van Fleet sounds like Rush??

Thunder Bay Rush

Are you guys sure GVF isn't influenced by late 80s Whitesnake?

White Snake? You obviously have not heard GVF. They sound about as much like White Snake as White Snake sounded like Jimi Hendrix.

f6241f96cc93a8e952e5fe495afc1e9a.jpg

Someone should get him a mirror

"I Can See For Myles!" LOL! No wonder he loves this band! it must be the golden pear of love he likes to gaze into! You hate Hair Metal Myles but you still love COCK ROCK! LOL!

I'll take Adam Lambert over this hollow hack any day! Can't wait to see Queen again this year!!

May The Force Be With You DARTH GOLDEN HELMET!

Signed,

Suck my "SPACE BALLS"

LOL!!!!!

I have said on here how much I like the band, but have to agree, his look is not so good!

Yeah. I have said the same thing elsewhere on this forum. It's the only thing I HATE about the band. It's like he's dressed up for a late 60's themed costume party.

Well... whether or not you like Josh's "groovy" pants or his "weird" stage clothes is irrelevant. I heard from many people that they blew Twenty One Pilots (headliner) away last night as they played right before them. That was at the Boston Calling Festival. The word among industry bands right now is - good luck if you go on after GVF... they are a very hard act to follow.

Right now, it's 9 pm, EST and they're about to go on stage (they're own headline show with Ida Mae opening up for them) at the Forest Hills Stadium in Queens... 14,000 people. There will be some youtube camera footage of this sometime tomorrow... check it out if you dare. They will turn that stadium on its ass.

For the record, I don't like Josh's pants either... but, Jesus CHRIST that kid can sing!

• Like 2

Well... whether or not you like Josh's "groovy" pants or his "weird" stage clothes is irrelevant. I heard from many people that they blew Twenty One Pilots (headliner) away last night as they played right before them. That was at the Boston Calling Festival. The word among industry bands right now is - good luck if you go on after GVF... they are a very hard act to follow.

Right now, it's 9 pm, EST and they're about to go on stage (they're own headline show with Ida Mae opening up for them) at the Forest Hills Stadium in Queens... 14,000 people. There will be some youtube camera footage of this sometime tomorrow... check it out if you dare. They will turn that stadium on its ass.

For the record, I don't like Josh's pants either... but, Jesus CHRIST that kid can sing!

No, I'm with you on this, They are awesome. I've bought tickets to another show.

And Josh is great on stage. He has a great stage presence and seems like a really cool guy; you forget about the cheesy attire real quick.

Still, I hope the wardrobe mistakes go away at some point.

Soon,

The other band members don't dress that way BTW.

Edited by rftag
  • Like 1

You have an article talking about GVF vs. 21P’s performance at the festival? 21P are one of the most popular acts around right now, a veritable follow up to what MCR were in the 00’s. I’d be surprised if a bunch of high school and college kids at a festival cheered louder for an upcoming classic rock throwback group than 21P at the peak of their career.

Ida Mae was the opening act at my show also. Husband and wife from the UK.

Okay, I just can't help myself... for any of you GVF doubters, I dare you to watch / listen to the youtube video below. It's from one year ago, a live "in studio" gig at a radio station in LA. The sound is perfect and this will give you an example of their talent without 10,000 people screaming.

The second song, Flower Power, is especially worthy of a listen. By the way, these guys are barely out of high school.

They're in Toronto tonight, two nights sold out at the Ontario Place Amphitheater.