Happy International Rush day !! (21/12)

blueschica

Borrowed from Danforth & Pape (again!) The writing about how we use 2112 made me laugh and is very true in my case! :LOL:

LgLShwzl.png

"On this, the 355th day of the year and the first day of winter, may we take this opportunity to wish you all a very Happy International Rush Day!

21/12 has to be one of the most momentous days in the Gregorian calendar for any Rush fan.

And as a number, 2112 has incredible significance to any self-respecting Rushian.

It’s the Pin Number used by 75.3% of Rushians. It’s the combination code for 67.8% of bike lock owning Rush fans and 2112 is the room number an astonishing 87.9% of us want to be assigned when booking into a hotel. If you ever get a restaurant or shop receipt that totals 21.12, perhaps you’re one of the 64.6% of Rush fans who proudly posts (and rightly so) a picture of said receipt on social media.

21 and 12 are the first two numbers 79.7% of Rush followers pick when playing the lottery and an incredible 0.3% of fans have actually moved house, so that they can have 2112 as their address. This is practically impossible here in Blighty as street numbers are only allowed to go up to 138 thanks to a Postal workers charter passed in 1897. If we want a Rush reference in our addresses, we have to change our number to a name. The five most popular rush-themed house names according to a recent nationwide survey are:

1. Rivendell

2. Lakeside Park

3. La Villa Strangiato

4. Megadon

5. And a new entry: The Big Beautiful Bungalow of Bass

Have a great day dear chums and party like it’s 2112! After all, we have assumed control..."

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 6

Borrowed from Danforth & Pape (again!) The writing about how we use 2112 made me laugh and is very true in my case! :LOL:

LgLShwzl.png

"On this, the 355th day of the year and the first day of winter, may we take this opportunity to wish you all a very Happy International Rush Day!

21/12 has to be one of the most momentous days in the Gregorian calendar for any Rush fan.

And as a number, 2112 has incredible significance to any self-respecting Rushian.

It’s the Pin Number used by 75.3% of Rushians. It’s the combination code for 67.8% of bike lock owning Rush fans and 2112 is the room number an astonishing 87.9% of us want to be assigned when booking into a hotel. If you ever get a restaurant or shop receipt that totals 21.12, perhaps you’re one of the 64.6% of Rush fans who proudly posts (and rightly so) a picture of said receipt on social media.

21 and 12 are the first two numbers 79.7% of Rush followers pick when playing the lottery and an incredible 0.3% of fans have actually moved house, so that they can have 2112 as their address. This is practically impossible here in Blighty as street numbers are only allowed to go up to 138 thanks to a Postal workers charter passed in 1897. If we want a Rush reference in our addresses, we have to change our number to a name. The five most popular rush-themed house names according to a recent nationwide survey are:

1. Rivendell

2. Lakeside Park

3. La Villa Strangiato

4. Megadon

5. And a new entry: The Big Beautiful Bungalow of Bass

Have a great day dear chums and party like it’s 2112! After all, we have assumed control..."

Love this photo! My hubby saw a link on FB about it and texted me. Going to be playing Rush today for sure!! :yay: :rush: :haz:

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 1