ROLL CALL: NJ book signing on Tuesday

Laurabw

Who's going, when are you going to get there? Would love to meet you and wait together, and then we can get pix as he signs....
  • Like 3

I think they are starting to line people up around 5:30pm, right? I will probably try to shoot for arrival between 5 and 5:30. I don’t really care if we are near the front or back of the line, though, so I don’t mind hanging around a little to wait for people to assemble if others want to meet up.
  • Like 1

I think they are starting to line people up around 5:30pm, right? I will probably try to shoot for arrival between 5 and 5:30. I don’t really care if we are near the front or back of the line, though, so I don’t mind hanging around a little to wait for people to assemble if others want to meet up.

OK, so I just talked to them, it starts at 5, though he said if Geddy were to show up early, they'd start then. But he said they usually suggest showing up 2 hours beforehand. I think for Bruce Dickinson last year we showed up about an hour and a half before and waited about an hour and a half before we got to him...

• Like 1

OK, so I just talked to them, it starts at 5, though he said if Geddy were to show up early, they'd start then. But he said they usually suggest showing up 2 hours beforehand. I think for Bruce Dickinson last year we showed up about an hour and a half before and waited about an hour and a half before we got to him...

If it starts at 5, I won't be able to be there by 3--my son gets out of school at 3:05, so we'll have to leave from there and probably be at Bookends sometime between 3:30 and 4 depending on traffic, etc.

• Like 1

Ah, ok. Right now I'm planning on getting there at 3. Maybe we can touch base and depending what the size of the line is like at that point maybe I'll wait for you guys but let's see if anyone else is joining us. I thought there was a few others?
  • Like 1

I suppose I’ll PM you here sometime between now and Tuesday, so we can exchange info to text you when I get there. You seem to be the default organizer I guess, not that it’s a big job with only one other board member confirming so far. FWIW, if the line is getting too big right away and you don’t want to wait for me, maybe you can find me in line after you’re done and come say hello before leaving. I’ll probably wear a non-Rush tshirt to be less invisible in the crowd once indoors. Edited by HalfwayToGone

I suppose I’ll PM you here sometime between now and Tuesday, so we can exchange info to text you when I get there. You seem to be the default organizer I guess, not that it’s a big job with only one other board member confirming so far. FWIW, if the line is getting too big right away and you don’t want to wait for me, maybe you can find me in line after you’re done and come say hello before leaving. I’ll probably wear a non-Rush tshirt to be less invisible in the crowd once indoors.

Ok. Yes, sounds good. I'm wearing my moon records t-shirt!

I suppose I’ll PM you here sometime between now and Tuesday, so we can exchange info to text you when I get there. You seem to be the default organizer I guess, not that it’s a big job with only one other board member confirming so far. FWIW, if the line is getting too big right away and you don’t want to wait for me, maybe you can find me in line after you’re done and come say hello before leaving. I’ll probably wear a non-Rush tshirt to be less invisible in the crowd once indoors.

Ok. Yes, sounds good. I'm wearing my moon records t-shirt!

Leaving work early, not sure how early at this point and depending on traffic I'm hoping to get there sometime been 4 and 5, possibly earlier.

Edited by ytserush
  • Like 2

Ok, well, I don’t know if anyone else showing up and just not raising their hand, or what. As for me my hair is longer now than my photo with Geddy and Alex a few years ago so here is what I look like now.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqLS1YVhXOu/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1k11890wu0b0q

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10156193461818277&set=a.431710398276&type=3

I’ll have a white jacket, probably jeans, and pink and white striped Keds. My plan at the moment is to get there at three. if I hear from one of you guys and the line is not too hideous, I will wait for you. Let’s keep in touch and play it by ear!

Edited by Laurabw
  • Like 1

So of course I am now fighting a terrible cold since yesterday, and stayed home from work today. I’m going to tough it out with some naproxen, but I don’t want to get anyone sick so I’ll probably stay low key and not go crazy trying to look for people. My son just got sent home early from school, though, so I can try to get there at 3. Edited by HalfwayToGone