Jump to content


Kiss - Music from the Elder


  • Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#41 ReRushed

ReRushed

    My Yellow Submarine is docked at Red Sector A

  • Members
  • 19475 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New York, NY

Posted 17 December 2018 - 04:14 PM

View PostMithrandir, on 15 December 2018 - 10:32 AM, said:

View Postbathory, on 15 December 2018 - 08:11 AM, said:

View PostMithrandir, on 14 December 2018 - 01:23 PM, said:

View Postbathory, on 14 December 2018 - 09:21 AM, said:

View PostRick N. Backer, on 14 December 2018 - 08:47 AM, said:

I'm a little surprised that this album isn't even more popular with some people here.  I would have expected it to be ranked as their best work.

this is the only place I've ever seen it praised. then again, it's a rush forum. e'nuff z'nuff would beat neil young in a poll
This is a dumb comment.

I've been here for a while. trust me
Trust You?  Don't you slag Green Day?
Green Day sucks.

Sponsored Post

#42 Mithrandir

Mithrandir

    Rushaholic

  • Members *
  • 2103 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 19 December 2018 - 09:17 AM

View PostReRushed, on 17 December 2018 - 04:14 PM, said:

View PostMithrandir, on 15 December 2018 - 10:32 AM, said:

View Postbathory, on 15 December 2018 - 08:11 AM, said:

View PostMithrandir, on 14 December 2018 - 01:23 PM, said:

View Postbathory, on 14 December 2018 - 09:21 AM, said:

View PostRick N. Backer, on 14 December 2018 - 08:47 AM, said:

I'm a little surprised that this album isn't even more popular with some people here.  I would have expected it to be ranked as their best work.

this is the only place I've ever seen it praised. then again, it's a rush forum. e'nuff z'nuff would beat neil young in a poll
This is a dumb comment.

I've been here for a while. trust me
Trust You?  Don't you slag Green Day?
Green Day sucks.
Well sure Green Day sucks to people who have shitty taste in music.

#43 ReRushed

ReRushed

    My Yellow Submarine is docked at Red Sector A

  • Members
  • 19475 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New York, NY

Posted 31 December 2018 - 01:04 PM

View PostMithrandir, on 19 December 2018 - 09:17 AM, said:

View PostReRushed, on 17 December 2018 - 04:14 PM, said:

View PostMithrandir, on 15 December 2018 - 10:32 AM, said:

View Postbathory, on 15 December 2018 - 08:11 AM, said:

View PostMithrandir, on 14 December 2018 - 01:23 PM, said:

View Postbathory, on 14 December 2018 - 09:21 AM, said:

View PostRick N. Backer, on 14 December 2018 - 08:47 AM, said:

I'm a little surprised that this album isn't even more popular with some people here.  I would have expected it to be ranked as their best work.

this is the only place I've ever seen it praised. then again, it's a rush forum. e'nuff z'nuff would beat neil young in a poll
This is a dumb comment.

I've been here for a while. trust me
Trust You?  Don't you slag Green Day?
Green Day sucks.
Well sure Green Day sucks to people who have shitty taste in music.
Green Day are hacks. You don't have to listen too close to realize it. Have a nice day and Happy New Year.

#44 JohnRogers

JohnRogers

    Holy Tai Shan!!!

  • Members *
  • 30271 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Seoul, NJ

Posted 31 December 2018 - 05:24 PM

View PostLucas, on 12 December 2018 - 01:07 AM, said:

I was 14 when Music From The Elder came out, and at that point, I had been a KISS fanatic for 6+ years ..

At that point, Eric Carr had just joined the band, and KISS was coming off their first tour of Australia - a tour in which they introduced Carr and his double bass kit and heavier style ...

Coming off Dynasty in 1979 ( I Was Made For Loving you ) and Unmasked in 1980, KISS had made it clear that the next album was going to be a return to their heavy rock and roll sound .. The shows in Australia saw KISS bringing back a lot of the ALIVE! era songs into the set, and with all those things lined up, KISS fans were hoping for a return to the heavy KISS ..

Especially considering that since their last good/heavy album - Love Gun - seemed a distant memory in 1977 ..

By that point KISS had lost a lot of their original fans and most of those remaining were young -- I was 14, and the days of the big kids who drove the 1972 Dusters and Barracudas who liked KISS were over ... It was kids my age and younger ....

I admit that I was disappointed when I first heard it ...

It was also disappointing because here you had a new, heavy drummer - a kid who was younger, or at least appeared to be - and they didn;t put him to good use ... And it proved to be the final album for Ace, as he thought the entire things was ridiculous ...

I like the album now ... I don;t know if I would call it a great album - it has some very cool moments and songs, and I appreciate what they were trying to do more now than when I was 14 ....

Only You/Under The Rose, The Oath and Mr Blackwell are my favorites, and I think each one of those songs are excellent

.

.
Bonus points for muscle era Mopar reference.

#45 Wil1972

Wil1972

    Rushaholic

  • Members
  • 2050 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Alabama

Posted 01 January 2019 - 09:02 PM

Elder is a good album but maybe not a good KISS album... It's just so far outside of their wheelhouse. Kind of like Yes doing a Love Gun. It is strangely attractive though. Most of the material is solid, although "Odyssey" is dreadful. If "I" had been on any other makeup-era KISS album it would be hailed as a KISS classic.

Edited by Wil1972, 01 January 2019 - 09:02 PM.


#46 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 63844 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:marxism

Posted 01 January 2019 - 11:43 PM

View Postbathory, on 14 December 2018 - 09:21 AM, said:

View PostRick N. Backer, on 14 December 2018 - 08:47 AM, said:

I'm a little surprised that this album isn't even more popular with some people here.  I would have expected it to be ranked as their best work.

this is the only place I've ever seen it praised. then again, it's a rush forum. e'nuff z'nuff would beat neil young in a poll
:lol:

#47 treeduck

treeduck

    Tenacious T

  • Members *
  • 88886 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Manchester, England

Posted 10 January 2019 - 09:50 PM



#48 RUSHHEAD666

RUSHHEAD666

    My name is Earl

  • Members
  • 33350 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

Posted 25 January 2019 - 04:49 AM

One of the greatest albums ever made.

They were seriously competing with the NWOHM too!

Love the balls!

DARK LIGHT!

EPIC!

Taking my 81 year young dad to see KISS three times this year!!!


LIVE FOR YOURSELF!  THERE'S NO ONE MORE WORTH LIVING FOR!

Well,

I love my DAD!


KISS Haters and Van Fleet Whatever!  EAT ME!


RUSH ON!

#49 Segue Myles

Segue Myles

    Cupcake Warrior

  • Members
  • 36229 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:United Kingdom
  • Interests:Lacuna Coil
    Paradise Lost
    Nightwish
    HIM
    The Gathering
    Within Temptation
    The Juliana Theory
    Machine Head
    Trivium
    Sonata Arctica
    Jimmy Eat World
    Alter Bridge
    Mekong Delta

Posted 25 January 2019 - 05:58 AM

View PostRUSHHEAD666, on 25 January 2019 - 04:49 AM, said:

One of the greatest albums ever made.

They were seriously competing with the NWOHM too!

Love the balls!

DARK LIGHT!

EPIC!

Taking my 81 year young dad to see KISS three times this year!!!


LIVE FOR YOURSELF!  THERE'S NO ONE MORE WORTH LIVING FOR!

Well,

I love my DAD!


KISS Haters and Van Fleet Whatever!  EAT ME!


RUSH ON!

Agreed. I thought album was great fun.

#50 AnalogRich

AnalogRich

    The Seeker

  • Members
  • 107 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Fredericksburg, Virginia
  • Interests:music - great bass playing

Posted 25 January 2019 - 11:21 PM

I always thought this was a great album. Way better than Dynasty & Unmasked. Classic Kiss was awesome first album to love gun,

#51 Presto-digitation

Presto-digitation

    Creative Writing 101

  • Members
  • 10575 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Music, movies, my family....my goofy Shih Tzu.

Posted 26 January 2019 - 11:06 AM

Amazing to consider that Unmasked, The Elder, and Creatures were consecutive albums in consecutive years.  Can’t name three albums which sound more different.

#52 Derek19

Derek19

    The Seeker

  • Members
  • 438 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Comox, B.C.
  • Interests:I like listening to music, watch movies I think look, and are really good, exercise, read, and computers including learning more about them, and what to do.

Posted 02 February 2019 - 11:59 AM

I have always liked "Music From the Elder".  I think it really should've got more of a positive reception, then what it did, and has.

#53 Rick N. Backer

Rick N. Backer

    Loves that dirty water

  • Members *
  • 26395 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New England

Posted 02 February 2019 - 03:03 PM

View PostPresto-digitation, on 26 January 2019 - 11:06 AM, said:

Amazing to consider that Unmasked, The Elder, and Creatures were consecutive albums in consecutive years.  Can’t name three albums which sound more different.

Mob Rules, Born Again, Seventh Star.  ;)

#54 Mithrandir

Mithrandir

    Rushaholic

  • Members *
  • 2103 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 02 February 2019 - 03:50 PM

The first 3 albums from the Cult

Dreamtime
Love
Electric

#55 RUSHHEAD666

RUSHHEAD666

    My name is Earl

  • Members
  • 33350 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

Posted 04 February 2019 - 03:07 AM

View PostSegue Myles, on 11 December 2018 - 05:33 PM, said:

I like this album. Not sure why it's not better received nowadays.

Holy Sugar!!

Another "Elder" Thread!

I love the risk KISS took and they did this album!  It's brilliant.  "Dark Light" is Epic.

Incredible how heavy metal was really pushing the envelope the year "The Elder" came out.  

Probably why "Creatures Of The Night" was next though.

Another masterpiece.

Seeing KISS in 6 days!!!  YAHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

#56 RUSHHEAD666

RUSHHEAD666

    My name is Earl

  • Members
  • 33350 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

Posted 04 February 2019 - 03:07 AM

If KISS did "The Elder" all the way through live I would die in glee.

#57 RUSHHEAD666

RUSHHEAD666

    My name is Earl

  • Members
  • 33350 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

Posted 04 February 2019 - 03:08 AM

"I Am Just A Boy"

Yup


I'll never grow up.

I'm too old to change.

#58 treeduck

treeduck

    Tenacious T

  • Members *
  • 88886 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Manchester, England

Posted 04 February 2019 - 03:15 AM

View PostRUSHHEAD666, on 04 February 2019 - 03:07 AM, said:

View PostSegue Myles, on 11 December 2018 - 05:33 PM, said:

I like this album. Not sure why it's not better received nowadays.

Holy Sugar!!

Another "Elder" Thread!

I love the risk KISS took and they did this album!  It's brilliant.  "Dark Light" is Epic.

Incredible how heavy metal was really pushing the envelope the year "The Elder" came out.  

Probably why "Creatures Of The Night" was next though.

Another masterpiece.

Seeing KISS in 6 days!!!  YAHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
Paul Stanley had to sing a high falsetto for 60% of the album after Ace Frehley kicked Stanley badly in the balls. He was aiming for Gene's nuts but his boot bounced off Simmon's iron codpiece and slammed into Stanley's crotch instead. This is how the album idea was conceived it was originally named Music From the Gelded.

#59 RUSHHEAD666

RUSHHEAD666

    My name is Earl

  • Members
  • 33350 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

Posted 04 February 2019 - 03:19 AM

View PostReRushed, on 31 December 2018 - 01:04 PM, said:

View PostMithrandir, on 19 December 2018 - 09:17 AM, said:

View PostReRushed, on 17 December 2018 - 04:14 PM, said:

View PostMithrandir, on 15 December 2018 - 10:32 AM, said:

View Postbathory, on 15 December 2018 - 08:11 AM, said:

View PostMithrandir, on 14 December 2018 - 01:23 PM, said:

View Postbathory, on 14 December 2018 - 09:21 AM, said:

View PostRick N. Backer, on 14 December 2018 - 08:47 AM, said:

I'm a little surprised that this album isn't even more popular with some people here.  I would have expected it to be ranked as their best work.

this is the only place I've ever seen it praised. then again, it's a rush forum. e'nuff z'nuff would beat neil young in a poll
This is a dumb comment.

I've been here for a while. trust me
Trust You?  Don't you slag Green Day?
Green Day sucks.
Well sure Green Day sucks to people who have shitty taste in music.
Green Day are hacks. You don't have to listen too close to realize it. Have a nice day and Happy New Year.


Holy Shit ReRushed!

I have one word for you!  FISHBONE!!!


FUKKK GREEN DAY OF THE DEAD!

They are from here.  Pure shitt pop posers.

Junk band.

They stole their name from "Soylent Green."  

Green Day are worse than hacks.

Even Steve Hackett can hack down a tree faster.


Green Bland is a band that is truly one of the most overrated bands on the Earth.

They write pop albums.  Not punk rock.

Their ideals and political nature make Nancy Pelosi look like a red neck with no teeth.  Wait, she is,  Bad example!

I have absolutely shitty taste in music.

I've been on this board since 2006 and I'm a total poser.  I hate Rush.

Another garbage ultra liberal band!!!

KISS is a band filled with hacks.

Genesis sucks.

Marillion with Fish is a complete rip off band of shite.

Led Zeppelin are posers.

Humans who praise Greta Van Fleet probably worship Billy Armstrong's cock.

I hear it stinks.

Better wash it before you suck it.


"Suck it And See"

Love,

The Arctic Monkeys


LOL!!!!


"It Doesn't Suck Itself"

Signed,

STEEL PANTHER



STEEL PANTHER makes Green Band Aid sound like a bunch of little pussies screaming at Ted Bundy's Zoo Ranch.



"Ted Just Admit It."

Love,

JANE'S ADDICTION


Another band that buries Green Day forever.

Green Day go away forever.

Amen

#60 RUSHHEAD666

RUSHHEAD666

    My name is Earl

  • Members
  • 33350 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

Posted 04 February 2019 - 03:23 AM

View Posttreeduck, on 04 February 2019 - 03:15 AM, said:

View PostRUSHHEAD666, on 04 February 2019 - 03:07 AM, said:

View PostSegue Myles, on 11 December 2018 - 05:33 PM, said:

I like this album. Not sure why it's not better received nowadays.

Holy Sugar!!

Another "Elder" Thread!

I love the risk KISS took and they did this album!  It's brilliant.  "Dark Light" is Epic.

Incredible how heavy metal was really pushing the envelope the year "The Elder" came out.  

Probably why "Creatures Of The Night" was next though.

Another masterpiece.

Seeing KISS in 6 days!!!  YAHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
Paul Stanley had to sing a high falsetto for 60% of the album after Ace Frehley kicked Stanley badly in the balls. He was aiming for Gene's nuts but his boot bounced off Simmon's iron codpiece and slammed into Stanley's crotch instead. This is how the album idea was conceived it was originally named Music From the Gelded.


HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

One of you best posts ever and I can't keep up with your intellect!  LOVE IT BUDDY!


KISS FUKKING RULES!!!!!!!!!


F THE HATERS!


Just keep jacking and hacking it to "Va"poor" Poop Trails!"  LOL!!!!!

A sonic bust of pure shit.

The opposite of "melody" in the dictionary.

KISS RULES!!!!

Going to get a KISS ARMY tattoo "JUST BECAUSE"

Signed,

Jane's Addiction again

LOL

F the Super Bowl Pat.

I got laid during the second quarter.

Edited by RUSHHEAD666, 04 February 2019 - 03:23 AM.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users