Neils lyrics.

grasbo

Counterparts was the first album where I started to not care for some of his lyrics and it got worse with each album after. Vapor Trails however had more I liked than disliked but that fell back to "ugh" with Snakes. Far Cry was the only song that I liked lyrically. Nothing on Clockwork stuck with me either. The chorus of Anarchist I guess

Counterparts is lyrically fantastic to me. Especially CTTC, Double Agent and Cold Fire

Cold Fire?? Holy hell. It's putrid.

"It was long after midnight, when we got to unconditional love"

So bad it should've been on Test For Echo.

That's not even the worst line!

She said just don't disappoint me,

You know how complex women are.

or

It was just before sunrise

when we started our traditional roles

Oh Neil, please shut up. It's all just so cringeably bad. :facepalm:

No it's not :)

Well, you know how complex women are. :AlienSmiley:

• Like 3

Counterparts was the first album where I started to not care for some of his lyrics and it got worse with each album after. Vapor Trails however had more I liked than disliked but that fell back to "ugh" with Snakes. Far Cry was the only song that I liked lyrically. Nothing on Clockwork stuck with me either. The chorus of Anarchist I guess

Counterparts is lyrically fantastic to me. Especially CTTC, Double Agent and Cold Fire

or

No it's not :)

You are quite right.... It is NOT cringeably bad....It is Abysmal~

or

The chorus is solid though.
  • Like 1

or

ahh yes to yes to ahh ahh to yes why the sun why the sun

Oh wait, that's another solid chorus on that album :)

• Like 1

or

ahh yes to yes to ahh ahh to yes why the sun why the sun

Oh wait, that's another solid chorus on that album :)

lmao
  • Like 1

or

Sure, the chorus.

Because it's so easy to listen to that w/out hearing the cringey bits. :eyeroll:

(in other words... does it matter?)

Edited by Alien Girl

No kidding, you could have crammed that right into

"I'd rather be a tortoise from Galapagos, when we got to unconditional love"

"It was long after midnight, Or a span of geological time"

Take that Pert!

:P

That, kind sir, is GOLD!!

Rock lyrics, by and far (er...should I say: Far & Wide...), are laughably awful or nonsensical “art” from the high school drama club types that has great depth and meaning only to those that wrote them.

With a need to rhyme and fit a certain meter or melody it’s no wonder most are terrible. I’m pleasantly surpried when i hear a good one but I’m mainly along for the musical ride. Rush though has more than their fair share of decent lyrical content.

Sincerely,

“Whose come to slay the dragon...?”

Rock lyrics, by and far (er...should I say: Far & Wide...), are laughably awful or nonsensical “art” from the high school drama club types that has great depth and meaning only to those that wrote them.

With a need to rhyme and fit a certain meter or melody it’s no wonder most are terrible. I’m pleasantly surpried when i hear a good one but I’m mainly along for the musical ride. Rush though has more than their fair share of decent lyrical content.

Sincerely,

Paul Simon does it easily enough.

Sincerely,

Paul Simon does it easily enough.

An exception proving the rule. Dylan, etc. also.

Sincerely,

I think you meant to put "will" instead of "to" in your quote above.

Sincerely,

Ew.

Sincerely,

Ew.

it is possible that there might have been a different grammatical error in his quote. But how much fun is there in pointing it out directly?

Sincerely,

Ew.

it is possible that there might have been a different grammatical error in his quote. But how much fun is there in pointing it out directly?

Well, I mean, 'has' should be changed to 'have'...but that's not the one I was looking at after your 'will'/'to' post.

• Like 1

Sincerely,

Ew.

Well, I mean, 'has' should be changed to 'have'...but that's not the one I was looking at after your 'will'/'to' post.

Perhaps "Who has" ?

Sincerely,

Ew.

Perhaps "Who has" ?

Actually, my last post had nothing to do w/ the quote itself.

And technically the line is "Who's come to slay the dragon?" So you're correct.

• Like 1

Sincerely,

Ew.

OK, I didn't think my joke was all that obscure. You had it right the first time. The obvious error was that he used "Whose" instead of "Who's" which made for the other error to be possible but not probable...

Carry on.

• Like 2

Sincerely,

Ew.

OK, I didn't think my joke was all that obscure. You had it right the first time. The obvious error was that he used "Whose" instead of "Who's" which made for the other error to be possible but not probable...

Carry on.

Now that you mention "obscure"... IMO, Pratt, far too often, becomes so enamored with his own lyrical content that the meaning rockets into the black hole of Obscurity Z-1 Edited by tks95747

I find his lyrics oscillated between terrible to good, very occasionally excellent.

However, there are way better and more consistent lyricists out there.

You mean, like, Bon Scott?

• Like 1

I find his lyrics oscillated between terrible to good, very occasionally excellent.

However, there are way better and more consistent lyricists out there.

You mean, like, Bon Scott?

Bon Scott was a fantastic lyricist, king of the double-entendre he was.

• Like 1