In Defense of Greta van Fleet

winter17

I actually do have a soft spot for bar bands. I am in one! Call me sentimental or old fashioned. I just can’t agree with dumping on other musicians like that. There are a lot less talented musicians who have made it big over the years. Steven Wilson is bitter and that is his choice. Hope he enjoys revelling in his bitterness. From my standpoint, all the best and more power to GVF. Good for them. Edited by Syrinx
  • Like 1

In the defense of one of the worst rip off fuckking bands in the world???

Defense?

I'm totally offended. I mean I have some offense for you!

Take a bat and go "In Through The Outdoor" baby.

What "Balls" to take this shite A-Ha fake rock band wanna be shite.

Give them a Grammy.

They are so fuckkng hammy.

A junk cover band...

Did Page anoint them?

Did Robert Plant kneel down with his rainbow wearing award and lick the new knights in white satan? Satin?

I'm a total hypocrite.

I actually tried real hard to like their first album.

Then the sophomore slump fist pump came out. literally

Pure junk.

I have no idea about the demographic on here anymore.

Rush is fuckkingn over.

You people want to stroke the Van Ban Cock Greta go for it.

It's sad really.

Some of you morons support this crap but hate Coheed And Cambria.

Wake the fukk up.

Thank God for Steve Stevens.

As ACCEPT would say...

"LIVE BY THE SWORD DIE BY THE SWORD!"

I'll stay in my retro world.

You kids can embrace the millennial mundane music madness.

Fuckk millienals.

May The Farce Be With You.

ROCK IS DEAD.

• Like 1

British musician and progressive rock pioneer Steven Wilson has blasted GRETA VAN FLEET, calling the Michigan rockers "a terrible band" that is nothing more than a "third-rate impersonation of LED ZEPPELIN."

Despite the fact that GRETA VAN FLEET has managed to sell out shows all over the world, the four-piece has been criticized for channeling a sound uncannily similar to LED ZEPPELIN, with some music fans slamming singer Josh Kiszka for allegedly copy-and-pasting Robert Plant's vocal style.

During a recent interview with Denmark's "myROCK" podcast, Wilson brought up GRETA VAN FLEET as part of a general commentary on the current state of the music business.

"You know that terrible band GRETA VAN FLEET," Wilson said (hear audio around 31:50 mark below). "Do you know that band? I think they're absolutely abysmal. I think they're terrible. I think it's a joke. But they're an example of a band, because they're pretty young boys, they look like a boy band, they play this really piss-poor, third-rate impersonation of LED ZEPPELIN. But they're pretty and they've had all the help of the media, the commercial machine behind them, and they've been able to reach a massive audience almost overnight by playing third-rate music. And I don't believe for one minute that anyone will even remember who they are in 10 years. Now, I might be wrong — maybe they'll prove me wrong. Maybe they'll suddenly develop into a good band and make a good record. But the point is, at the moment, they're not. They're like a boy-band version of LED ZEPPELIN."

Wilson went on to say that he understands why GRETA VAN FLEET has managed to become such a sensation in a relatively short period of time while he has had to "struggle" for more than 25 years to get to where he is.

"I'm not naïve," he said. "I understand that a lot of the industry is based around being young, pretty, having the right kind of image and all that stuff. And I've never had any of those things. I've never been pretty. I mean, I have been young, but I'm not young now, so I understand. I'm 51 years old. That's not gonna work. So there is this frustration that the media has been slightly resistant to what I do."

No need to even waste my time Pat.

Sour grapes????

I would rather put ice picks dipped in nitro glycerin inside my ears than listen to this fuckingg shite band.

I can't wait to make millions of dollars in the music biz and I'm 51.

Junk

• Like 1

They are as of now a terrible band. sorry, lol. we'll see if more albums can fix that but the more i play the album the worse it gets.

cheap thrills for aging fans who miss the 60's70's.....an even that's done annoyingly, lol

Mick

• Like 2

I just took off my boxers and rubbed my asshole on my computer screen.

I just kissed this band baby.

Earl's got the Post of the Year award on lock.

He is old school for sure.

Most people nowadays would use their smartphone that task!

• Like 1

I like them. Most bands I love have weaker debuts. They have started with many of the right elements, and the writing in general is very nice.

Amazes me that hair metal fans can mock a young band for being derivative. Mainstream music can do with more Gretas and less Maroon 5s (who are still labelled as rock by many).

• Like 2

I like them. Most bands I love have weaker debuts. They have started with many of the right elements, and the writing in general is very nice.

Amazes me that hair metal fans can mock a young band for being derivative. Mainstream music can do with more Gretas and less Maroon 5s (who are still labelled as rock by many).

but this more than just derivative though. i don't know maybe it was watching clips of them that upped the awful. cause they are bad.......oh my god......it literally almost made me throw up.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 1

My Advise to younger fans just listen to the source........though Zep stole too, lol. but beyond Zep.........just go to the source. quit dealing with knock offs. you want to hear 60's/70's rock......actually listen to it then, lol.

i sound old but just do that.....you'll have a much better time.

Mick

but this more than just derivative though. i don't know maybe it was watching clips of them that upped the awful. cause they are bad.......oh my god......it literally almost made me throw up.

Mick

I've seen some great live stuff. Some of the SNL stuff is awful due to both burnout and a touch of sickness. Hardly surprising. Lovely guys as well.

British musician and progressive rock pioneer Steven Wilson has blasted GRETA VAN FLEET, calling the Michigan rockers "a terrible band" that is nothing more than a "third-rate impersonation of LED ZEPPELIN."

Despite the fact that GRETA VAN FLEET has managed to sell out shows all over the world, the four-piece has been criticized for channeling a sound uncannily similar to LED ZEPPELIN, with some music fans slamming singer Josh Kiszka for allegedly copy-and-pasting Robert Plant's vocal style.

During a recent interview with Denmark's "myROCK" podcast, Wilson brought up GRETA VAN FLEET as part of a general commentary on the current state of the music business.

"You know that terrible band GRETA VAN FLEET," Wilson said (hear audio around 31:50 mark below). "Do you know that band? I think they're absolutely abysmal. I think they're terrible. I think it's a joke. But they're an example of a band, because they're pretty young boys, they look like a boy band, they play this really piss-poor, third-rate impersonation of LED ZEPPELIN. But they're pretty and they've had all the help of the media, the commercial machine behind them, and they've been able to reach a massive audience almost overnight by playing third-rate music. And I don't believe for one minute that anyone will even remember who they are in 10 years. Now, I might be wrong — maybe they'll prove me wrong. Maybe they'll suddenly develop into a good band and make a good record. But the point is, at the moment, they're not. They're like a boy-band version of LED ZEPPELIN."

Wilson went on to say that he understands why GRETA VAN FLEET has managed to become such a sensation in a relatively short period of time while he has had to "struggle" for more than 25 years to get to where he is.

"I'm not naïve," he said. "I understand that a lot of the industry is based around being young, pretty, having the right kind of image and all that stuff. And I've never had any of those things. I've never been pretty. I mean, I have been young, but I'm not young now, so I understand. I'm 51 years old. That's not gonna work. So there is this frustration that the media has been slightly resistant to what I do."

No need to even waste my time Pat.

Sour grapes????

I would rather put ice picks dipped in nitro glycerin inside my ears than listen to this fuckingg shite band.

I can't wait to make millions of dollars in the music biz and I'm 51.

Junk

Don't forget me when you're famous Earl! You wouldn't have got this far without me! :16ton:

• Like 1

This thread has 20 guests viewing. I don't know what's so special about this thread, but the only other time I've seen more than a handful of guests viewing a thread was when we had the periscope R40 threads.

It's the band and their management gnashing their teeth.

• Like 3

This thread has 20 guests viewing. I don't know what's so special about this thread, but the only other time I've seen more than a handful of guests viewing a thread was when we had the periscope R40 threads.

Still has 19 guests. Let's greet them.

Hiya, Guests! :hi:

There's 23 now.

There's 23 now.

I see 24