Trivium
    Sonata Arctica
    Jimmy Eat World
    Alter Bridge

Posted 21 March 2019 - 06:07 PM

View PostSyrinx, on 20 March 2019 - 01:46 PM, said:

View PostSegue Myles, on 19 March 2019 - 02:48 PM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 19 March 2019 - 02:39 PM, said:

Kiszka - as in Polish blood sausage?  That's an interesting last name.  :)

I'm going to check this van fleet band out myself.  I'll be back.

I like them. Don't get the hate.

That is all I was trying to say here.  I have been into music for 50 years and I have heard way too many bands that are not as good as GVF.  Are they great and generational?  Probably not, but I just can't match the passionate venom against them on this thread.  I don't get it.  I saw them live and had a GREAT time.  It's music.  They play their own instruments - pretty well.  That right there puts them ahead of a lot of the big "musical" acts today, in my opinion.  Who knows why certain bands make it big??  I have seen some of the greatest musicians in the world toiling away in the bars.  Life ain't fair.  And the music business is certainly not fair.  What do you get personally from hating so much....not sure.  I do admit I admire some of the "passionate hate" in a purely literal and creative sense though!

I think certain members here have huge egos and feel they own the place, and think generally all should accept and appreciate their views or opinions because they egotistically think they know all about everything.

But that is just me.

Greta Van Fleet are very talented and show much promise. Who knows already just how many kids have discovered a whole world of new music, old and new, thanks to their success?

Sponsored Post

#102 tangy

tangy

The Great Progholio

• Members
  • 10109 posts

Posted 21 March 2019 - 06:50 PM

View PostRUSHHEAD666, on 19 March 2019 - 04:02 AM, said:

View PostThree Eyes, on 18 March 2019 - 08:58 PM, said:

Is that Hanson?

They are the Jonas Brothers on Crystal Meth and Bourbon.

Good for them.

Hope they make millions and billions of dollars!!!

This shite band is the sign of the times.

Fuckking millennials, liberals. smartphones, social media, Amazon and Hollywood entertainment corruption have ruined rock and roll!!

Lol

Please elaborate on the contributions made to rock and roll by conservatives?

Ted nugent rocking out with his cock out with mike huckabee???

Edited by tangy, 21 March 2019 - 07:01 PM.

#103 tangy

tangy

The Great Progholio

• Members
  • 10109 posts

Posted 21 March 2019 - 06:53 PM

View PostSegue Myles, on 21 March 2019 - 06:07 PM, said:

That is all I was trying to say here.  I have been into music for 50 years and I have heard way too many bands that are not as good as GVF.  Are they great and generational?  Probably not, but I just can't match the passionate venom against them on this thread.  I don't get it.  I saw them live and had a GREAT time.  It's music.  They play their own instruments - pretty well.  That right there puts them ahead of a lot of the big "musical" acts today, in my opinion.  Who knows why certain bands make it big??  I have seen some of the greatest musicians in the world toiling away in the bars.  Life ain't fair.  And the music business is certainly not fair.  What do you get personally from hating so much....not sure.  I do admit I admire some of the "passionate hate" in a purely literal and creative sense though!

I think certain members here have huge egos and feel they own the place, and think generally all should accept and appreciate their views or opinions because they egotistically think they know all about everything.

But that is just me.

Greta Van Fleet are very talented and show much promise. Who knows already just how many kids have discovered a whole world of new music, old and new, thanks to their success?

Who knows indeed? My guess is not many

Edited by tangy, 21 March 2019 - 06:57 PM.

#104 tangy

tangy

The Great Progholio

• Members
  • 10109 posts

Posted 21 March 2019 - 06:55 PM

View Posttangy, on 21 March 2019 - 06:53 PM, said:

But that is just me.

Lets defend a popular group from the mean rush haters....

Too funny as if these posers need defending....

They seem to be doing just fine despite or perhaps because of the shit storm they have stirred up with their led zep homage of sorts....

#105 JohnRogers

JohnRogers

Holy Tai Shan!!!

• Members *
  • 30503 posts

Posted 21 March 2019 - 07:42 PM

But that is just me.

Damn straight! I have reviewed Greta Van Susteren songs and their SNL performance. With bonus points for being 313, I give these young dudes 4 stars out of 5. They are the future...along with The Struts.

Nothing more needs be said. 73 pin and close this thread.

#106 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 45412 posts

Posted 22 March 2019 - 06:58 AM

View PostJohnRogers, on 21 March 2019 - 07:42 PM, said:

But that is just me.

Damn straight! I have reviewed Greta Van Susteren songs and their SNL performance. With bonus points for being 313, I give these young dudes 4 stars out of 5. They are the future...along with The Struts.

John Rogers, don't you know anything?  Wake up and smell the coffee.  :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: You are not the thread ender ever.  That honor belongs to Stormtron.  :codger:

Edited by Lorraine, 22 March 2019 - 11:14 AM.

#107 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 45412 posts

Posted 22 March 2019 - 06:58 AM

View PostLorraine, on 22 March 2019 - 06:58 AM, said:

But that is just me.

John Rogers, don't you know anything?  Wake up and smell the coffee.  :coffee:   You are not the thread ender ever.  That honor belongs to Stormtron.  :codger:

Sorry for the double post.  Not sure how it happened.  This website was doing strange things this morning.

Edited by Lorraine, 22 March 2019 - 11:13 AM.

#108 Stormtron

Stormtron

The God Of Balance

• Members *
  • 7405 posts

Posted 22 March 2019 - 11:13 AM

But that is just me.

John Rogers, don't you know anything?  Wake up and smell the coffee.  :coffee:   You are not the thread ender ever.  That honor belongs to Stormtron.  :codger:

More like Greta Van Butt.

/thread

#109 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 45412 posts

Posted 22 March 2019 - 11:15 AM

Amen!

#110 goose

goose

Honkin' in Nevada

• Members *
  • 65718 posts
  • Interests:marxism

Posted 22 March 2019 - 01:03 PM

View Posttangy, on 21 March 2019 - 06:50 PM, said:

View PostRUSHHEAD666, on 19 March 2019 - 04:02 AM, said:

View PostThree Eyes, on 18 March 2019 - 08:58 PM, said:

Is that Hanson?

They are the Jonas Brothers on Crystal Meth and Bourbon.

Good for them.

Hope they make millions and billions of dollars!!!

This shite band is the sign of the times.

Fuckking millennials, liberals. smartphones, social media, Amazon and Hollywood entertainment corruption have ruined rock and roll!!

Lol

Please elaborate on the contributions made to rock and roll by conservatives?

Ted nugent rocking out with his cock out with mike huckabee???
:laughing guy:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users