BBBB

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 blueschica

blueschica

What the Puck?

• Members
  • 8561 posts
  • Interests:Camping, gardening, muscle cars, NASCAR, Rush!

Posted 08 December 2018 - 05:41 PM

View PostLaurabw, on 08 December 2018 - 05:12 PM, said:

View PostMalformedEarthborn, on 08 December 2018 - 04:21 PM, said:

Hoping for one in Vancouver! So if the book is the "ticket" and they already have your money, could you bring a record and have him sign that instead of the book? I figure he's signing something either way and it shouldn't make a difference. Anyone have experience with this?
Generally they don’t let you bring anything,  because if everybody had something they wanted him to sign besides the book, you could be there all day and night. But, if he’s only going to sign one thing and  you switched it out, maybe it would be ok?
I know that the bookstore in New Jersey doesn’t let people bring in backpacks, probably because they think people are going to still try to get other things signed, and it would just slow down the process.

Do you think someone could bring a gift for them?  (I have no idea what!  :lol:). It was something people used to do back in the day.

Sponsored Post

#22 MalformedEarthborn

MalformedEarthborn

The Seeker

• Members *
  • 360 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 08:32 PM

View PostRod in Toronto, on 08 December 2018 - 05:19 PM, said:

Hoping for one in Vancouver! So if the book is the "ticket" and they already have your money, could you bring a record and have him sign that instead of the book? I figure he's signing something either way and it shouldn't make a difference. Anyone have experience with this?
Generally they don’t let you bring anything,  because if everybody had something they wanted him to sign besides the book, you could be there all day and night. But, if he’s only going to sign one thing and  you switched it out, maybe it would be ok?
I know that the bookstore in New Jersey doesn’t let people bring in backpacks, probably because they think people are going to still try to get other things signed, and it would just slow down the process.

At the Grapes Under Pressure we were told not to bring anything because we'd be getting a special item signed by Geddy and Alex. We got the bottle of wine with the label signed by them, and now I don't know how to properly preserve it. Some of us broke the rule and brought items anyway, which they gladly signed...I wish I had done the same!

If he does one in Vancouver and I end up going I'll try to bring something and let you all know!

#23 ytserush

ytserush

The Professor

• Members *
  • 4654 posts

Posted 09 December 2018 - 10:30 AM

That's how it was for My Favorite Headache. We were allowed two items signed. One of them My Favorite Headache. I was able to get two other things signed but not My Favorite Headache (Which in hindsight I sort of wish I had since I really love the album) but I had to prioritize.

#24 exiledyorkie

exiledyorkie

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 09 December 2018 - 11:40 AM

Why don't peeps stick to the rules, it's a little bit cheeky to do otherwise?. Where I come from we would call it slightly obnoxious,  but that might be too strong of a word.

#25 MalformedEarthborn

MalformedEarthborn

The Seeker

• Members *
  • 360 posts

Posted 09 December 2018 - 12:03 PM

View Postexiledyorkie, on 09 December 2018 - 11:40 AM, said:

Why don't peeps stick to the rules, it's a little bit cheeky to do otherwise?. Where I come from we would call it slightly obnoxious,  but that might be too strong of a word.

He's putting Sharpie to a flat surface either way. I'd rather have an illegible scribble on something I've loved for years than a book I haven't read yet.

#26 canadianice

canadianice

The Professor

• Members
  • 3625 posts

Posted 09 December 2018 - 06:16 PM

Going to Toronto, can,t wait.

#27 Rod in Toronto

Rod in Toronto

Crushed in Rio

• Members *
  • 9789 posts
  • Interests:Running, music, movies, travelling, reading, food.

Posted 09 December 2018 - 06:31 PM

View Postcanadianice, on 09 December 2018 - 06:16 PM, said:

Going to Toronto, can,t wait.

Hey, if you want. let's catch up on the 17th! Here's my phone number: 416 835 2412.

#28 Rod in Toronto

Rod in Toronto

Crushed in Rio

• Members *
  • 9789 posts
  • Interests:Running, music, movies, travelling, reading, food.

Posted 11 December 2018 - 10:42 AM

I was talking to Laurabw and she mentioned that for the New Jersey event, the organizers have asked for names to be written on the books, so that they`re "personalized" autographs. Did anyone receive a similar request for Toronto? I didn't get anything so far...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: BBBB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users