Geddy announces book signing in Toronto, Dec. 17th

blueschica

Geddy has announced another book signing, this time in Toronto. ( He added the explanation of how the ticket was actually the book after some woman was complaining all over Instagram that she had already spent enough money on Rush over the years and didn't want to have to buy a ticket! :wtf: )

JxOkT0sl.png

XUOw52kl.png

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 3

The link doesn't give us the price for the event...I guess I'll find out in a few minutes anyway, but how much did you end up paying for your event?

Mine is $85, that's with tax and all.

Got my ticket!!!! CAD 84, give or take.

I bet he’ll remember you from the Grapes of Humanity fandango.

I will not miss the chance of mentioning it to him, of course. But I doubt he'll remember, man...

You’re basically just paying for the book at both signings I’m pretty sure—no extra fee at all that I’m aware of, just full retail price plus tax. Nice that he was able to work it out for 2 days in a row, and at home a day earlier than official release day.
  • Like 3

You’re basically just paying for the book at both signings I’m pretty sure—no extra fee at all that I’m aware of, just full retail price plus tax. Nice that he was able to work it out for 2 days in a row, and at home a day earlier than official release day.

Yes, what he said.

Hoping for one in Vancouver! So if the book is the "ticket" and they already have your money, could you bring a record and have him sign that instead of the book? I figure he's signing something either way and it shouldn't make a difference. Anyone have experience with this?

Generally they don’t let you bring anything, because if everybody had something they wanted him to sign besides the book, you could be there all day and night. But, if he’s only going to sign one thing and you switched it out, maybe it would be ok?

I know that the bookstore in New Jersey doesn’t let people bring in backpacks, probably because they think people are going to still try to get other things signed, and it would just slow down the process.

Hoping for one in Vancouver! So if the book is the "ticket" and they already have your money, could you bring a record and have him sign that instead of the book? I figure he's signing something either way and it shouldn't make a difference. Anyone have experience with this?

Generally they don’t let you bring anything, because if everybody had something they wanted him to sign besides the book, you could be there all day and night. But, if he’s only going to sign one thing and you switched it out, maybe it would be ok?

I know that the bookstore in New Jersey doesn’t let people bring in backpacks, probably because they think people are going to still try to get other things signed, and it would just slow down the process.

At the Grapes Under Pressure we were told not to bring anything because we'd be getting a special item signed by Geddy and Alex. We got the bottle of wine with the label signed by them, and now I don't know how to properly preserve it. Some of us broke the rule and brought items anyway, which they gladly signed...I wish I had done the same!

• Like 1

Do you think someone could bring a gift for them? (I have no idea what! :LOL:). It was something people used to do back in the day.

• Like 1

At the Grapes Under Pressure we were told not to bring anything because we'd be getting a special item signed by Geddy and Alex. We got the bottle of wine with the label signed by them, and now I don't know how to properly preserve it. Some of us broke the rule and brought items anyway, which they gladly signed...I wish I had done the same!

If he does one in Vancouver and I end up going I'll try to bring something and let you all know!

• Like 1

That's how it was for My Favorite Headache. We were allowed two items signed. One of them My Favorite Headache. I was able to get two other things signed but not My Favorite Headache (Which in hindsight I sort of wish I had since I really love the album) but I had to prioritize.

• Like 2

Why don't peeps stick to the rules, it's a little bit cheeky to do otherwise?. Where I come from we would call it slightly obnoxious, but that might be too strong of a word.

He's putting Sharpie to a flat surface either way. I'd rather have an illegible scribble on something I've loved for years than a book I haven't read yet.