Has anyone been to see Queen w/Adam Lambert?

blueschica

Has anyone ever seen Queen in concert with Adam Lambert as frontman? I'm kind of interested in seeing them this summer and trying to decide. Is it a decent show? Thoughts?

I have mixed feelings about it. My sister, who lives outside of Pittsburgh wants to catch the upcoming PPG Arena gig. She's a fan of both Queen & Adam Lambert. I've been a Queen fan my entire life and would love to see Brian and Roger play live once again. I can't bring myself to call it Queen though. That being said, any of the videos, etc. that I've seen are, in fact, pretty impressive.

• Like 2

Is it still Queen if Adam Lambert is the singer?

I think they're called Queer

Truly not funny.

Agreed.

As a person who doesn't identify as straight, I can say I didn't mean for that to be offensive but apologize if anyone takes it that way.

It gave me a chuckle. Lambert is a bit more flamboyant than Freddie, and that's a bit difficult to do.

• Like 1

Has anyone ever seen Queen in concert with Adam Lambert as frontman? I'm kind of interested in seeing them this summer and trying to decide. Is it a decent show? Thoughts?

Yo Chica!

I am bummed I missed Queen in the good old days but I did indeed see "QUEEN WITH ADAM LAMBERT" last year with my parents.

San Jose Shark Tank.

Place was sold out.

Brain May stole the show. My night was made with Roger Taylor singing "I'm In Love With My Car."

I thought Adam was great. He totally pulled it off but I could tell he was fatigued near the end of the set.

Alas an incredible show.

My parents were in awe.

• Like 3

Truly not funny.

Agreed.

As a person who doesn't identify as straight, I can say I didn't mean for that to be offensive but apologize if anyone takes it that way.

"Nobody's Hero"

All good.

One of my best friend's is gay. He was a groom's man in my wedding. I got a lot of shit for it.

Didn't give a shit.

Still love Michael to this very day. He's 70 now. He's amazing guy. I will love him forever.

• Like 1

Yo Chica!

I am bummed I missed Queen in the good old days but I did indeed see "QUEEN WITH ADAM LAMBERT" last year with my parents.

San Jose Shark Tank.

Place was sold out.

Brain May stole the show. My night was made with Roger Taylor singing "I'm In Love With My Car."

I thought Adam was great. He totally pulled it off but I could tell he was fatigued near the end of the set.

Alas an incredible show.

My parents were in awe.

Thanks so much, Earl! It's good to hear it was a great show. It's awesome you took your parents! My mom never liked much rock but she loved ELO. She used to have us go buy the 8 tracks for our car! :LOL: I haven't thought about that in awhile; I should get her a CD for Christmas. :)

• Like 3

Truly not funny.

Agreed.

I am very bisexual and I took absolutely no offense at your post.

People are so touchy.

• Like 2

YES I HAVE!

Take it from the Queenmaster, it’s not presenting itself as the new Queen. Adam has the most wonderful ability to sing the songs well, to put on a great show, and still to come off like he’s just filling in (rather than replacing) someone who just couldn’t make it that night. Brian stills plays his butt off. Roger has a bit of help from another drummer but still rocks the house and sings like he’s still 25. Everything about the show has nothing but the utmost reverence for the past. And Freddie would be proud. The Show Must Go On, as he sang. I would go again in a heartbeat. Adam and what’s left of Queen have great chemistry on stage and Adam has great interaction with the crowd. My favorite concert I’ve ever been to, R40 a close 2nd.

I say go. You won’t regret getting to hear those songs live, nor seeing Brian and Roger in action.

• Like 3

Truly not funny.

Agreed.

Most kind and sensitive of you to say so, much appreciated. :)
  • Like 2

"Adam has the most wonderful ability to sing the songs well, to put on a great show, and still to come off like he’s just filling in (rather than replacing) someone who just couldn’t make it that night."

That is a perfect description of what Adam does with Queen EP !!

• Like 1

Serious question. Why is it Queen with Adam Lambert? It wasn't AC/DC with Brian Johnson. Or Lynyrd Skynyrd with Johnnie Van Zant. Isn't Lambert essentially the singer in Queen now?

They've just always done it that way with every singer since Freddie died ... I think it's to put sort of a win win name out there ... It honors Freddie by basically saying he is irreplaceable, and it gives the guest singer a name in the band.

• Like 2

"Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to the stage...

...1/2 of Queen and a couple of other dudes!"

This is true. It's still an incredible show. 1/2 of Queen is a better show than all of many other bands.

• Like 4

YES I HAVE!

Take it from the Queenmaster, it’s not presenting itself as the new Queen. Adam has the most wonderful ability to sing the songs well, to put on a great show, and still to come off like he’s just filling in (rather than replacing) someone who just couldn’t make it that night. Brian stills plays his butt off. Roger has a bit of help from another drummer but still rocks the house and sings like he’s still 25. Everything about the show has nothing but the utmost reverence for the past. And Freddie would be proud. The Show Must Go On, as he sang. I would go again in a heartbeat. Adam and what’s left of Queen have great chemistry on stage and Adam has great interaction with the crowd. My favorite concert I’ve ever been to, R40 a close 2nd.

I say go. You won’t regret getting to hear those songs live, nor seeing Brian and Roger in action.

Thanks, EP !! Your feedback helps a lot! Now I just have to decide between Pittsburgh and Philly. We are about halfway between each.

• Like 2

"Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to the stage...

...1/2 of Queen and a couple of other dudes!"

This is true. It's still an incredible show. 1/2 of Queen is a better show than all of many other bands.

So true...Brian and Roger are two of my favourite musicians!!!!
  • Like 1

YES I HAVE!

Thanks, EP !! Your feedback helps a lot! Now I just have to decide between Pittsburgh and Philly. We are about halfway between each.

If you pick Pittsburgh, let me know. A round of drinks is on me.
  • Like 2