Coheed And Cambria Are Indeed "The Heavenly Creatures!" Claudio Sanchez Is A Genius! Yes Or No? EMO Band? Put Down The Meth.

RUSHHEAD666

I Will Never Go Back To My "Old Flames" But I Love The New Song By Coheed And Cambria!   

8 members have voted

1. 1. True Or False? Claudio Sanchez Is A Musical Genius!

• TRUE! HELL YES! An amazing guitar player and writer for SHIT SURE!
    • FALSE! FUDGE NO! Claudio is an EMO Pop Poser! Annoying Voice Like Geddy Lee! Coheed And Cambria SUCK!

So here we again! Another Van Halen Poll and another Coheed & Cambria Poll!

I've loved this band since their inception and many on here criticize them and despise them.

Cool, we all have our own opinions.

The last few albums have been so-so I will confess but this new one is very melodic and quite heavy.

Pat, I know you have been calling this band an EMO group. I really can't relate to that label. Makes no sense to me.

Been following this band for years too. Even met Claudio at a comic book shop on Wilshire when I took my ex wife down to LA for two nights of the NEVERENDER Tour.

EPIC!

I will never forget kneeling down to Claudio as he signed my KILL AUDIO figure.

I said to him..... "Looks like I'm your oldest fan." He smiled and shook my hand and laughed. I then said, "Do you like RUSH?" He said, "HELL YEAH!"

Of course he does. Dumb question!

I love when Claudio brings out that fuckking white double neck for "Welcome Home." Badass!

LOVE THIS BAND!

HATERS HATE! LOVERS LOVE!!

Edited by RUSHHEAD666

Dont worry i got the answer

http://isthisbandemo...eed And Cambria

Holy Sugar and spice! Incredible. I didn't know they covered that song.

I don't want this poll to go to SCON "Vanilla SCONE?"

But I will say as a registered Republican I totally get the lyrical content.

It's a great cover.

Some take the high road some take the low road in politics. I'm learning to just cruise on the middle road.

Coheed And Cambria RULE!

I like the caption at the bottom of the video....

"Coheed And Cambria is a metal band"

Duh LOL

Emo is a fantastic genre, let down by many pitiful, awful bands that came late to the party and took over and dirtied the word forever.

Coheed And Cambria have strong emo roots and took their sound to really impressive heights.

But not a fan. Something about them leaves me cold. But I admire them, definitely!

• Like 2

Emo is a fantastic genre, let down by many pitiful, awful bands that came late to the party and took over and dirtied the word forever.

Coheed And Cambria have strong emo roots and took their sound to really impressive heights.

But not a fan. Something about them leaves me cold. But I admire them, definitely!

Amazing little brother.

I understand.

They took the genre and took it to the next level with their own sound.

i'm half a century old and I love them.

I'm the same age as my beloved Oakland A's! LOL!

I remember when they were announced as being the opener for Heaven and Hell back in like 2009. I didn't know who they were and thought Coheed and Cambria were two separate bands lol.

Hahahaha!

That's funny buddy! Being a C&C fan since the beginning I remember seeing them open for Iron Maiden on the 1988 Set Tour!

IT WAS EPIC!!!

"Say What You Will" as Fastway would say... LOL!

But man, when Claudio whips out that white double neck it just sends chills down my spine. Frigging Alex Lifeson, yet Claudio plays the double neck behind his own neck.

I'm amazed I met both of these guitar legends. Thank you UNIVERSE! Thank you mom and dad! I love my parents!!!

As Johnny Blaze has said to me over the years....

"Rushhead you are blessed and cursed."

That inside joke goes back and back and back!! LOVE IT!

I truly enjoy after all the ups and downs on here and just trying to be different on here over the last 12 years, it's been an incredible run.

I still love many of you on here.

Even all of you rushhead hater assholes.

I'm just kidding!

RUSH ON!

FOREVER!

Amazing little brother.

I understand.

They didn't take it to the next level, because emo is full of amazing bands doing this a million different ways. The Appleseed Cast, Circa Survive, Saosin, Brand New, Jimmy Eat World, Sunny Day Real Estate...I would rank Coheed below all these bands by just a smidge, and generally I am not a fan of Coheed much at all, as talented as they are. Emo is an amazing form of music.

• Like 2

Amazing little brother.

I understand.

They didn't take it to the next level, because emo is full of amazing bands doing this a million different ways. The Appleseed Cast, Circa Survive, Saosin, Brand New, Jimmy Eat World, Sunny Day Real Estate...I would rank Coheed below all these bands by just a smidge, and generally I am not a fan of Coheed much at all, as talented as they are. Emo is an amazing form of music.

yup i love all those bands way more.

Mick

I saw these guys in concert on Sunday. They were headlining and my brother and I were there for an opening act. I didn't know anything by them at all.

Holy shit. Talk about blown away. They sounded so tight. They remind me of Dream Theater except with a better understanding of melody and pace.

I have listened to the new record about 10 times since Sunday. I think they made a fan of me.

I really like the lyrical melodies that Coheed puts together sometimes. I've been a fan since Good Apollo, but fell out of touch after The Afterman double EP. I should really go back and catch up with them.

Year of the Black Rainbow remains in my regular album rotation.

Edited by KenJennings

I saw CNC open for Iron Maiden about 7 years ago. I had never heard of them before that night. I didn't recognize anything, but I thought the singer sounded like Dio. Then I started to recognize 1 tune.... "Sing me a song you're a singer...."

I guess he knows he sounds like Dio too.

I saw CNC open for Iron Maiden about 7 years ago. I had never heard of them before that night. I didn't recognize anything, but I thought the singer sounded like Dio. Then I started to recognize 1 tune.... "Sing me a song you're a singer...."

I guess he knows he sounds like Dio too.

I saw them about 10 years ago but they didn’t play that.

Because the band that wrote it went on after them.