Neil Peart (Rush) VS John Bonham (Led Zeppelin) VS Bill Ward (Black Sabbath)

YYZumbi

24 members have voted

1. 1. Which drummer is your favorite (and why)?

• Neil Peart (Rush)
    • John Bonham (Led Zeppelin)
    • Bill Ward (Black Sabbath)

These are 3 legend drummers that people that enjoy good music seem to talk a lot about, and some even consider them god of drumming. I like all 3 of them, and their bands they are in, so to me this is a really hard question to answer. But I want to know which drummer is your favorite and why!

Phil Collins.

sorry their should have been other on this poll cause that's my answer.

Mick

My number three, behind legend Peart and personal favorite Roger Taylor.

• Like 1

Phil Collins.

Mick

As you may or may not know, Queen to me, is one of the greatest bands in the world, and I love them. But Roger Taylor is not the best drummer, he is in fact kinda boring as a drummer in my opinion (except for in the early 70s, then he was more fun as a drummer).

Phil Collins.

Mick

As you may or may not know, Queen to me, is one of the greatest bands in the world, and I love them. But Roger Taylor is not the best drummer, he is in fact kinda boring as a drummer in my opinion (except for in the early 70s, then he was more fun as a drummer).

I’d argue a great drummer knows what’s best to play for what song, and SHA or ANATO alone are proof of Roger’s mastery of this concept.

Edited by Entre_Perpetuo
  • Like 1

Phil Collins.

Mick

I’d argue a great drummer knows what’s best to play for what song, and SHA or ANATO alone are proof of Roger’s mastery of this concept.

I have seen Queen+ 3 times in my life, and seen Roger do 3 different drum solos, and no, I am not impressed with his drum skills. But he is still perfect for Queen! But in my opinion it is Brian and Freddie that is the strong part in Queen.

Neil Peart.

How many drummers have changed a band's musical and lyrical direction when they joined the way Neil did with Rush? He was such a special talent that he got Geddy and Al to up their game significantly. Ward and Bonham were fantastic as well. But I'm not so sure Sabbath and Zeppelin don't have the similar success with other drummers. Without Neil I think Rush is finished before 1980.

• Like 1

Phil Collins.

Mick

I have seen Queen+ 3 times in my life, and seen Roger do 3 different drum solos, and no, I am not impressed with his drum skills. But he is still perfect for Queen! But in my opinion it is Brian and Freddie that is the strong part in Queen.

Oh well, I think he’s a master. And he has a very distinct backbeat that suits Queen’s pomp perfectly. The little clips of open high hat with the snare on 2 and 4 give me so much joy!

Phil Collins.

Mick

Oh well, I think he’s a master. And he has a very distinct backbeat that suits Queen’s pomp perfectly. The little clips of open high hat with the snare on 2 and 4 give me so much joy!

Don't get me wrong tho, I love the guy, and I would not want to trade him away for someone else in the band. It's just that I think, when I am listening to Queen, the drums is not something I go "wow" for, at least not on the albums made in the 80s and forward. But I do go "wow" for Brian's guitar and Freddie's voice.

Phil Collins.

Mick

Don't get me wrong tho, I love the guy, and I would not want to trade him away for someone else in the band. It's just that I think, when I am listening to Queen, the drums is not something I go "wow" for, at least not on the albums made in the 80s and forward. But I do go "wow" for Brian's guitar and Freddie's voice.

I understand. I’m just pointing out that, while his drumming doesn’t speak to you as much as many other drummers, it does speak to me more than almost anyone. I know Hammer To Fall is a plain and simple rock beat, but it’s probably my favorite part of the song. Somehow the way Roger plays it feels so free and overwhelmingly fun.

• Like 1

Phil Collins.

Mick

+1 for giving Roger some love. One of my favs as well.
  • Like 1

Phil Collins.

Mick

in your opinion.

Mick