Rush cover feature from PROG Magazine (Dec 2018) now online

Jag2112

Here's the part where he talks about his future plans. Nothing we don't already know ... but he doesn't rule out making a record at some point:

Now that he has completed his paean to the bass, Lee is bracing himself for the onslaught of questions about his future musical plans. Nearly a year has passed since Rush announced their retirement, and little has been heard from any of the band. Lee is perhaps the Rush member most expected to re-enter the fray, so Prog asks if there is any prospect of new music on the horizon.

"The honest answer is no. Not really," Lee chuckles. "I go down to my studio, which I do, and I play these bass guitars because I have quite a few of them and they're fun to play. I like to keep my fingers in shape. When I play, ideas come out, so I record them and then I forget about them, When I go back to them, I'm sure half of them will be shit and erase them. But I fully intend to go down one day and see what I've gathered down there. Once I've finished promoting this book, I do hope to become a musician again! But I have no idea what form that will take. I have no plans and I don't know where I'm headed."

• Like 3

I wouldn't have the heart to tell Geddy that , sadly, no...no you can't still hit those high notes of yor no matter how hard you try . I appreciate dusting off Lakeside Park for R40 but everyone heard how much you were straining and creaking on those notes
  • Like 1

Rush appear on the cover of the December 2018 issue of PROG Magazine.

You can read the two articles that appear in the issue at this link:

https://www.cygnus-x...rog-12.2018.php

Enjoy-

That was awesome! THANK YOU!!!
  • Like 1

SPOILER ALERT

“Teddy Lee is still my best friend” haha! Classic Al!

That's an error. It's supposed to say Geddy Lee. I sent a message to Jag2112 to fix it.

That’s too bad—it would’ve been hilarious if he referred to him by the wrong name for his whole piece...

• Like 1