Afterimage Video

alpineholydog

I found an old copy of Through the Camera Eye in my ancient videos. Afterimage was a surprise as it seems to have aged fairly well. Lifeson has a crazy new wave haircut (that's not too bad) and Peart has the tail but overall it looks fairly current. Peart plays the hell out of his set!

Much better than The Enemy Within. Woof!

• Like 5

I found an old copy of Through the Camera Eye in my ancient videos. Afterimage was a surprise as it seems to have aged fairly well. Lifeson has a crazy new wave haircut (that's not too bad) and Peart has the tail but overall it looks fairly current. Peart plays the hell out of his set!

Much better than The Enemy Within. Woof!

Thanks for posting this, and welcome to TRF !! :hi:

• Like 1

Have't seen that video in probably 30 years. I didn't remember the shots of the little kid and the doll - thought it was all completely a performance video. I also remember that video getting literally zero airplay on the music video shows up here in Toronto.

That tune sounds way more eighties than I remember as well. Great song and probably my fave record from Chapter III in the Rush annals.

Interesting there's not a single close up of Geddy actually playing, and he doesn't even have a bass strapped on for the hell of it. One of the few bassless songs in the catalog, along with Red Sector A, Hope, and the entire Presto album.

Presto has some killers if your stereo isn't a phone speaker

• Like 2

Afterimage, Red Sector A and Scars are the only three live Rush songs Geddy performed without a bass (not counting the acoustic Resist)

I wasn't aware Scars we ever played live. I don't see why Geddy didn't just play that bassline but I like the synthetic sound in that case

Not only was it played live, it was brought back on the next tour. A bad idea recycled.

Afterimage, Red Sector A and Scars are the only three live Rush songs Geddy performed without a bass (not counting the acoustic Resist)

I wasn't aware Scars we ever played live. I don't see why Geddy didn't just play that bassline but I like the synthetic sound in that case

YouTube has really good live footage from the Presto Tour.

One of the greatest videos ever made on the Earth. Dark and very eerie. "The Omen" vibe.

Hey guy, I’m not seeing the comparison....unless you’re thinking of the Afterimage deleted scene in which Lerxst is riding a tricycle and totally f***s up Terry Brown.

• Like 1