The Green Book

workingcinderellaman

I'm hoping to get to it! I read that today it won a New York critics award, the National Board of Review Best Picture. (Sometimes a preview of Oscar contenders, or so the article said! :LOL: )

I think Viggo Mortensen deserves an Oscar nomination for his performance.

• Like 1

I'm hoping to get to it! I read that today it won a New York critics award, the National Board of Review Best Picture. (Sometimes a preview of Oscar contenders, or so the article said! :LOL: )

And this movie deserves best picture.

:)

• Like 1

Not according to many others. The scuttlebutt this morning is they won because of him (Mortensen) and not the subject matter. As for the movie, the Dr's family says he was not estranged from them as the movie portrays. The ones griping are doing so because BlacKKKlansman didn't win because Spike Lee directed that. I guess the Oscar he did win wasn't sufficient.

Not according to many others. The scuttlebutt this morning is they won because of him (Mortensen) and not the subject matter. As for the movie, the Dr's family says he was not estranged from them as the movie portrays. The ones griping are doing so because BlacKKKlansman didn't win because Spike Lee directed that. I guess the Oscar he did win wasn't sufficient.

I think that happens every year.

Green Book was a great movie. I loved it. I am just so glad that that outright bore Roma didn't win. Nice cinematography but really slow moving. But the artsy critics loved it.

I tried watching Roma and couldn't get through it. I kept wondering why they shot it in black and white. We had color in the 1970's.

• Like 2