2112 on side B? Lamneth on side A? Hemispheres on B?

MalformedEarthborn

How would you feel about the album 2112 if the tracklisting were the same but the sides were flipped?

And same for Caress of Steel and Hemispheres?

Would they have the same effect, dynamics, and flow?

I would keep Hemispheres where it is both for Cygnus continuity and flow of the album. Circumstances would be quite the start (Trees would be better though) but nothing can follow Strangiato.

I like The Fountain of Lamneth as an opener. The accoustic intro for side A would put the powerful Bastille Day as the side B starter. And the Necromancer to end the album would be killer.

I can imagine 2112 as B side. Not as fluid a flip as CoS but it could work. Bangkok isn't a perfect track 1, but the other songs as a sort of prologue would be cool (it's been discussed on here that some of them have some parallels to the 2112 story).

Overall, I think CoS is the only good switch, which is how I have it on my iTunes. What do you think?

• Like 1

How would you feel about the album 2112 if the tracklisting were the same but the sides were flipped?

I would keep Hemispheres where it is both for Cygnus continuity and flow of the album. Circumstances would be quite the start (Trees would be better though) but nothing can follow Strangiato.

I like The Fountain of Lamneth as an opener. The accoustic intro for side A would put the powerful Bastille Day as the side B starter. And the Necromancer to end the album would be killer.

I can imagine 2112 as B side. Not as fluid a flip as CoS but it could work. Bangkok isn't a perfect track 1, but the other songs as a sort of prologue would be cool (it's been discussed on here that some of them have some parallels to the 2112 story).

Overall, I think CoS is the only good switch, which is how I have it on my iTunes. What do you think?

I have always felt that had Rush called Caress of Steel The Fountain of Lamneth and put that epic on side A it may have performed better. Maybe not the way 2112 performed, but I think it might have made more sense to the casual listener. Its the template they followed on 2112 And Hemispheres. Which, by the way, are perfect the way they are.

• Like 1

Although I would take any of the three flipped, of all the albums you mention, I think Hemispheres would flow best if the sides were flipped. IMO, Circumstances would be the strongest opener, between that and Lamneth and Bangkok... :rush:
  • Like 1

Although I would take any of the three flipped, of all the albums you mention, I think Hemispheres would flow best if the sides were flipped. IMO, Circumstances would be the strongest opener, between that and Lamneth and Bangkok... :rush:

Also, from a "closer" standpoint, it would be hard to choose which is the best between 2112, Necromancer and Hemispheres... :eyeroll: